After buying a 3rd party classic controller from dealextreme, I found out it didn't work with homebrew at all. While browsing for a fixed dol, I found out the problem is based in libogc, and a modification there is required. After that, I had to compile VBA-GX myself again. Desperately, I tried the compiling myself, and behold, it works! While I couldn't find a precompiled dol I took the liberty of creating one latest svn as of january 7 to save everybody with the same problem an evening of searching/compiling by posting the resulting DOL in the downloads-section here. Of Course, credits go out to all the original writers! Link to FileTrip-storage: Download here!