ROM Hack Valkyrie Profile: CotP Save FIX

dragondagger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For people who are having trouble with the game, erasing their save file.
(This currently works for my R4ds pro using Acekard 2 firmware, please reply if it doesn't work/work) (Don't you just hate all these new games with new save files, Geez! GTA, Avalon Code...)
TUTORIAL:
This tutorial will show you how to arm7 patch Valkyrie Profile, using dslazy and an arm7.bin.
Files you will need are:
Arm7.bin File
DSLazy Pack

1: First up, extract the files from dslazy.zip
2: Browse for your NDS rom using the "..."button on the left hand side of the application.
Picture%205.png
This image taken from aLe(xX)anDro
3: Click on the "NDS Unpack" button.
4: After it has unpacked, the folder "NDS_UNPACK" will open.
Picture%208.png

5: Locate the arm7.bin file downloaded and use it to replace the file in the "NDS_UNPACK" folder
6: Now close the folder and click the "NDS Packer" button to "Pack" it all back into the Valkyrie Profile: CotP Rom, I recommend you keep the file separate from the original in case of problems.
7: And then your done! Copy it to your Micro SD card or whatever and play!
8: If your game shows up with a black screen, mine started working after i turned all the (patch) options on my acekard on. But I think it was the auto run. I then went back to my menu and played without autorun.

Hope I helped. This is the right place to put the topic in right??!

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know it's a late reply but I just found this while browsing through the forum. I want to say THANK YOU! I love this game but keep having the saves get erased on me, I've even stopped playing it because it just got too frustrating having my save file erased every other time I try to play. You've made my weekend, I've got a lot of catching up on Valkyrie Profile.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dragondagger said:
For people who are having trouble with the game, erasing their save file.
(This currently works for my R4ds pro using Acekard 2 firmware, please reply if it doesn't work/work) (Don't you just hate all these new games with new save files, Geez! GTA, Avalon Code...)
TUTORIAL:
This tutorial will show you how to arm7 patch Valkyrie Profile, using dslazy and an arm7.bin.
Files you will need are:
Arm7.bin File
DSLazy Pack

1: First up, extract the files from dslazy.zip
2: Browse for your NDS rom using the "..."button on the left hand side of the application.
Picture%205.png
This image taken from aLe(xX)anDro
3: Click on the "NDS Unpack" button.
4: After it has unpacked, the folder "NDS_UNPACK" will open.
Picture%208.png

5: Locate the arm7.bin file downloaded and use it to replace the file in the "NDS_UNPACK" folder
6: Now close the folder and click the "NDS Packer" button to "Pack" it all back into the Valkyrie Profile: CotP Rom, I recommend you keep the file separate from the original in case of problems.
7: And then your done! Copy it to your Micro SD card or whatever and play!
8: If your game shows up with a black screen, mine started working after i turned all the (patch) options on my acekard on. But I think it was the auto run. I then went back to my menu and played without autorun.

Hope I helped. This is the right place to put the topic in right??!
whoever has this problem has a really crappy cart because my r4 plays it fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here