m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
Another train of thought is to use a DS web browser in conjunction with uTorrent's WebUI function. This allows you to manage uTorrent from a different computer. eg, I use it on my netbook to remotely start large downloads on my desktop.
The WebUI requires the use of AJAX, which the DS Browser doesn't support.

I'd say start your own command-line linux server at home, install rtorrent and SSH, and connect to it through DSLinux. You'll be able to control rtorrent that way.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-p{3} said:
myuusmeow said:
Another train of thought is to use a DS web browser in conjunction with uTorrent's WebUI function. This allows you to manage uTorrent from a different computer. eg, I use it on my netbook to remotely start large downloads on my desktop.
The WebUI requires the use of AJAX, which the DS Browser doesn't support.

I'd say start your own command-line linux server at home, install rtorrent and SSH, and connect to it through DSLinux. You'll be able to control rtorrent that way.
The WebUI doesn't exactly require the use of AJAX, well, the API doesn't. The UI itself as it comes installed does but you can make a plaintext WebUI that doesn't use AJAX.
The program I had been talking about before (uRemote) doesn't even use the UI, it goes straight to the API and makes calls like that I believe, but either way you could make
a HTML page using Query Strings that gives you information about a torrent and using PALib have it parse that information into a table. It is possible to create a remote uTorrent Client on the DS.
It just requires time and effort. Also there are already WebUIs that do not rely on JS/AJAX such as the discontinued "uTorrent Mobile WebUI". Studying that code could make an efficient DS torrent monitor.

Just a quick edit: The uTorrent Mobile WebUI is not the J2ME version that is currently dated on their forums as 2008-04-17, it's called utorrentmui but is now not managed.
Someone could easily template that into a DS-usable webpage that can control torrents. Or study it to make a native uTorrent remote.

IchigoNoTenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, either way, I see no purpose in downloading anything from BitTorrent directly to your DS, because BT is mainly used for games, movies, music and the like. Now, just think. No one posts NDS homebrew on BT, downloading music would take too long (like previously mentioned, DS WiFi is very unpredictable), and if you downloaded a movie, you would end up converting it on your computer anyway. Unless DPGTools works with that thing. I'm sort of a noob with this thing. But the torrent remote thing sounds good.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
utorrent for the ds isn't going to happen. The ability to control utorrent from your ds on your desktop maybe....

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, What about the gba slot? How much more RAM can be provided there?
unsure.gif

EEragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So we have a conclusion:

µtorrent on the NDS is possible but useless as water in powder form:
-unstable internet-conection
-download speed is max 6 Kb/s
-a mp3-file will be downloaded in about 20 min

btw, tha nds is not made to download torrents, but to play games on it!

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exbaddude said:
I don't think so. Download them at home.
It is possible, and A remote can be very useful.

QUOTE(EEragon @ May 21 2009, 04:10 PM) So we have a conclusion:

µtorrent on the NDS is possible but useless as water in powder form:
-unstable internet-conection
-download speed is max 6 Kb/s
-a mp3-file will be downloaded in about 20 min

btw, tha nds is not made to download torrents, but to play games on it!
btw, tha nds can be used very nicely for a remote, it doesn't matter if it was made to play games. some people don't use their flashcart for ROMs

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point was not to be an actual bitTorrent client, but a remote that controls a bittorrent client being run on a computer, actually read the whole thread if your gonna engage in conversation. We already established that the dswifi libraries and hardware are too slow for any practical torrent downloading, therefore we are looking at alternatives such as maybe a Homebrew uTorrent Remote that hooks into the Web API and looks I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, LOOKS!!! like uTorrent, but is NOT uTorrent, just a program interacting with the uTorrent on your COMPUTER!!! Now that we're all caught up.... Any suggestions on how one should go about this. I've already figured out the HTTP request that would be required of libNDS's getHttp function. (Yes I am going to attempt, but no promises... I'm a very lazy person when I'm not in the mood to code.)

omgmog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
omgmog.net
XP
Country
ShadowEO said:
The point was not to be an actual bitTorrent client, but a remote that controls a bittorrent client being run on a computer, actually read the whole thread if your gonna engage in conversation. We already established that the dswifi libraries and hardware are too slow for any practical torrent downloading, therefore we are looking at alternatives such as maybe a Homebrew uTorrent Remote that hooks into the Web API and looks I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, LOOKS!!! like uTorrent, but is NOT uTorrent, just a program interacting with the uTorrent on your COMPUTER!!! Now that we're all caught up.... Any suggestions on how one should go about this. I've already figured out the HTTP request that would be required of libNDS's getHttp function. (Yes I am going to attempt, but no promises... I'm a very lazy person when I'm not in the mood to code.)

well in that case, there is already a webui for utorrent, which in theory you could use from the nintendo browser, and I'm pretty sure there are already vnc clients/desktop viewer apps for the ds.

Jimbob7

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah that's a good idea omgmog

However, gaurav patel. "gauravity" could code such a feature if you asked him nicely.

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
omgmog said:
ShadowEO said:

well in that case, there is already a webui for utorrent, which in theory you could use from the nintendo browser, and I'm pretty sure there are already vnc clients/desktop viewer apps for the ds.
Actually uTorrent use AJAX programming, and the Nintendo DS Browser cannot interpret it. Soory, but it's not possible to control uTorrent over the DS. rtorrent over SSH is however a possibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far