Hacking usrcheat.dat issues

Solgath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
trying to use the usrcheat.dat doesn't seem to work properlly when loaded on my R4i, yes i know its a clone and i really don't care, i just wanna use the R4 cheat database, for pokemon white and the like, main issues is some codes won't even activate no matter how many times i press a button while others do, trying to load codes for pokemon white or black just crash the DSi entirely with a blue screen, other cheat lists have the codes plus if i keep scrolling it has a bunch of jiberish or blank spaces, so, i tried the cheat.dat file, this one just doesn't load anything at all, so any help with this would be nice.

oh and if ur advice is to get a new flashcard save ur breath, its not helpful and only way that will ever happen is if you urself fork over the cash...
tongue.gif

Solgath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did that, i deleted usrcheat.dat and put cheats.dat on there, that i downloaded from gbatemp, cheats.dat just doesn't work, no cheats appear at all, usrcheat.dat some cheats work, others don't, and for pokemon white or black, it just crashes with a blue screen, or the cheat list itself has a long list of just blank spaces with no description or anything

Solgath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kk, just tried to load megaman black ace cheats and like the first 5 or so i can't even select, the rest i can but when pressing the button to activate them, nothing happens.

still no change, deleted atleast 90% of the games i didn't need, recopied it and tried to use mega man black ace codes, first 10 codes listed i can't even activate, no tick in the box no matter how many times i press the A button, codes i can select, i get into the game and they don't work - code says press select, i do so, nothing, codes listed for pokemon white or black, just crash the system all together, blue screen with error msg.... so i dunno what the deal is, downloaded from cheats.gbatemp.net and everything, deleted games from the cheat list. nothing seems to help.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
I usually have no problem after taking out all the cheats I don't need... I'm assuming you tried the good ol' back up, format, and placing firmware back on trick, no?

Did the cheats work before? Do you have any other firmwares to load the game on?

Solgath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not sure if there is any other firmware i can use, i was thinking about Wood R4, but i don't know if it'll work, i'll try doing a reformat again, did it a few days ago, but meh, can't hurt to try again.

Solgath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried the YSmenu for R4 clones, it boots but i get a DLDI error.... i really don't know what to do, anything else i could try? ok so i tried to use WAIO and all it does is give me a black screen with "can't find ds menu sys" or something

Solgath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hope so, i thought i had it with Ysmenu for the r4 clone, but the DLDI error has got me stumped

i tried following the installing ysmenu tut here on the forums but it does nothing for me i still get "unsupported DLDI name" when i try to launch a rom, i formated and tried the cheats again, still nothing, the codes for mega man black ace just won't let me activate them, and when i try to press select in game, it does nothing, and as i mentioned, using codes for black or white just case the DSi to crash, so i guess that means i can't use wood, or ysmenu on my dsi at all? not sure about WAIO, as there is no clear cut instructions on what to actually do to get it running.

also tried WAIO, nothing nudda, shows the screen then just hangs, guess i'm stuck with this unless someone can help us out.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Solgath said:
hope so, i thought i had it with Ysmenu for the r4 clone, but the DLDI error has got me stumped

i tried following the installing ysmenu tut here on the forums but it does nothing for me i still get "unsupported DLDI name" when i try to launch a rom, i formated and tried the cheats again, still nothing, the codes for mega man black ace just won't let me activate them, and when i try to press select in game, it does nothing, and as i mentioned, using codes for black or white just case the DSi to crash, so i guess that means i can't use wood, or ysmenu on my dsi at all? not sure about WAIO, as there is no clear cut instructions on what to actually do to get it running.

also tried WAIO, nothing nudda, shows the screen then just hangs, guess i'm stuck with this unless someone can help us out.

if you get "unsupported DLDI name" then your r4i doesn't work with ysmenu.

try obtaining the rom from another region (E or U) sometimes one region might have more codes than the other.

do you mind posting the website from the sticker f the card

Solgath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there is no website on my card sticker i got my card from bamboo gaming and the site they direct me to for updates is this one - http://www.r4ipt.com/R4iPt/ENG/default.htm

i also had a look and there is only a US release of both mega man star force 3 games listed where i get them, also does the same thing with red joker, where i can't activate any cheats before the refill temp gauge cheat, and pressing select for codes i have activated don't work at all.

i'm starting to think i'm using the wrong cheat file, according to what i downloaded from the R4i plat site, it uses cheat_eng.db so maybe that's the problem...

nvm did nothing, using the original one that comes with my firmware or the one i get from here, both don't work for mega man star force 3.... i just don't get it, anyone at all able to help with this?

got it working for mega man star force 3, DSi still crashes on trying to load the pokemon black or white cheats, so i guess its cause of the ap patch used to patch the game.... guess it'll have to wait or something for working cheats or firmware fix for my DSi, better yet i may just get a Acekard 2i, they seem a lot better than R4 these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up