Tutorial  Updated

Using "smashhax" with Linux

If you can use the browser, I suggest that you use the new browserhax (up to 11.0.0-33!) in the meantime.

Try out Ubuntu 15.04: http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/

This requires a New 3DS. The demo version doesn't work and is patched. If you have 1.1.3 or newer delete/disable the update data.

officially called smashbroshax sometimes smashax
Here is a new tool I call smashbroshax-helper. It is a graphical interface for the exploit which simplifies most of the process of broadcasting the packet. It requires almost no setup outside of creating a bootable Linux USB/DVD.

Important notes:
  • This does not work on Fedora or Red Hat-based distributions because aircrack-ng needs to be compiled on it (and I can't figure out how to install the needed things).
  • Don't use a virtual machine!
  • This probably will never work on Old 3DS.
Download smashbroshax-helper beta

It is recommended that you use a live Ubuntu 15.04 image. Versions 15.10+ have issues. http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/
  1. Create a bootable USB/DVD with a Linux distribution (there are various guides online).
  2. If possible, get a second USB/SD card/storage device, download and save the above .zip to it.
    • Don't extract the contents of it to the USB device, as it might cause problems. Just save the .zip file to it.
    • If you can't do this, you'll have to connect to the Internet while in Linux to download it.
    • If using a bootable USB, make sure you can use two ports at a time. Don't take out the Linux USB while it is being used!
  3. Restart your computer and run the bootable USB/DVD you created.
  4. Extract the contents of the .zip to the Desktop.
  5. Open the smashbroshax-helper folder and double click "smashbroshax.sh".
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts.
  7. If everything goes well, you should now have homebrew!
Video demonstration, from boot to shutdown:

from https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/page-9#post-5842512

If you would like the full tutorial, involving terminal usage and compiling:
To reverse the changes to your wireless interface and remove issues connecting to networks after, rebooting your system or changing it to "Managed" instead of "monitor" should fix it. How to do that is in the second to last section.

@Cydget made a script that condenses most of this into a script. I have not tried it myself yet but it seems to work for others.
So, I made a little script for this. If anybody wants it, then unzip this file and read the readme. And yes, I like to pipe things. http://www.mediafire.com/download/oulnubnzkk9g3i0/smashhaxEZ.zip

Requirements
  • Any Linux distribution should do (this has only been tested with Debian-based distributions). Windows and OS X users should wait or find a method for now, sorry!
    • Please do not use Linux in a virtual machine, it likely won't give direct access to your wireless card. Dual boot or use a live USB/disk.
    • The recommended distro to use is Ubuntu 15.04 (link to Ubuntu MATE 15.04).
  • A Wi-Fi-capable wireless card.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Full or Demo.
  • New 3DS. This does not work on Old 3DS.
  • Patience. The hax is sort-of unreliable so your game will most likely crash a few times.
  • Recommended: Another device to access the internet (phone, tablet, computer, console).
Preparing
  • Install these packages using your package manager. For example, "apt-get" for Debian-based distributions (including Ubuntu).
    Code:
    openssl libssl-dev libnl-genl-3-200 libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-200 libnl-3-dev pkg-config
  • Find your wireless card's interface by opening a terminal and using the command "ip link". It would be something like wlan0 or wlp3s0.
    Code:
    ian@ian-VPCEG34FX:~/Desktop/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src$ ip link
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default 
        link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
        link/ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,ALLMULTI,PROMISC,NOTRAILERS,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DORMANT mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
        link/ieee802.11/radiotap xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
  • You probably already have it, but get the homebrew starter kit and place it on your SD card.
  • Download the smashhax .pcap files from the releases section of the smashbroshax repository.
  • Determine the .pcap file to use. This should be straightforward using the file names.
    The built beacon-hax pcaps are located under "pcap_out/". In the filenames, "vXYZ" means game-version "vX.Y.Z". Full-game filenames for USA include "gameusa", while the other regions filenames include "gameother".
  • Get the "Otherapp payload" from the Homebrew Launcher site and save it to "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.
  • Download and extract aircrack-ng's latest release source.
  • Save aireplay-ng.patch from the smashbroshax repository in the folder "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2".
Compiling aircrack-ng/aireplay-ng
  • Open a terminal and go to the "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2" folder.
  • Use the command "patch src/aireplay-ng.c < aireplay-ng.patch". If you get the following then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    patching file src/aireplay-ng.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 560 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 573 (offset 1 line).
  • Run "make" and wait. The program should be compiled with the patch now. If you get the following as the last line then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/path/to/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src'
The moment of truth
  • Run these 3 terminal commands in order, using the wireless interface (from "ip link") you found earlier.
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface down
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface mode monitor
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface up
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface channel 6​
    (the last line was suggested by @difool. and might make the payload trigger faster)
  • Enter the "src" folder in your terminal.
  • Run the following command to start broadcasting the packet: "sudo ./aireplay-ng --interactive -r /path/to/smashbros_version_beaconhax.pcap -h 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0 -x 10 wireless_interface"
    Use the .pcap file and wireless interface you found out earlier.
  • On the 3DS system, start the game, then choose Smash and Group. Wait for the magic to happen.
Encountering errors? Something confusing?
  • Does running aireplay-ng end with "End of file"? You might be running your installed version of aircrack-ng. Don't forget the ./ for "sudo ./aireplay-ng ..."!
  • Please tell me the distribution you are using and the error you've encountered. This will help me fix your issue faster.
  • If you don't get something, don't hesitate to point it out! I want to help anyone I can.
  • Did you spot an inaccuracy or mistake I made? It would be great if you can tell me that too.
  • This was before the Otherapp payload selector was added to the HBL site. This is kept here for legacy reasons or something.
    • Determine what file you need to get from the Homebrew Launcher Payload section:
      With the release builds, the hax loads the payload from SD "/smashpayload.bin". This should contain the hb-launcher(https://smealum.github.io/3ds/) otherapp payload. Until there's a proper otherapp payload selector on the hb-launcher site, the payload can be downloaded from the following URL(see also https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer):
      FIRMVER values(without quotes):
      • "POST5" = non-New3DS
      • "N3DS" = New3DS
      REGION values(without quotes):
      • "U" = USA
      • "E" = EUR
      • "J" = JPN
      MENUVER values(without quotes):
      • "11272": Non-JPN, system-version v9.0.
      • "12288": System-version v9.2.
      • "13330": System-version v9.3.
      • "14336": System-version v9.4.
      • "15360": System-version v9.5.
      • "16404": System-version v9.6.
      • "17415": System-version v9.7.
      • "20480_usa": USA, system-versions v9.9-v10.0.
      • "19456": Non-USA, system-versions v9.8-v10.0.
      MSETVER values(without quotes):
      • "8203": System-versions below v9.6.
      • "9221": System-versions starting with v9.6.
      For example, the payload URL for New3DS USA 9.9.0-X - 10.0.0-X is:https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/Pvl9iD2Im5/otherapp/N3DS_U_20480_usa_9221.bin
      The end result is a file named "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.

You are allowed to reproduce/reprint this tutorial, as long as a link back to this page (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/) is included.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

Bleeep

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi I'm having trouble troubleshooting my problem, and was hoping someone here might help? This error when terminal first launches:

ioctl(SIOCSIWMODE) failed: Operation not supported

ARP linktype is set to 1 (Ethernet) - expected ARPHRD_IEEE80211,
ARPHRD_IEEE80211_FULL or ARPHRD_IEEE80211_PRISM instead. Make
Sure RFMON is enabled: run 'airmon-ng start wlan0 <#>'
Sysfs injection support was not found either

For anyone who's interested - I've since found that it's the wireless card in the macbook that is causing the issue. I've since purchased a TP-Link Atheros based USB card that gets me one step further, I can now see the packets being transmitted through terminal - although, Smash Bros will immediately crash to the home screen - 'an error has occurred'. Back to the drawing board!

I'm in New Zealand, we normally share a Pal release with Australia. I'm guessing we can use the same .pcap as EU/JAP? Anyone know?

Ieattheworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont thats the problem, I get the same message saying error the software has to close and system has to restart...I already tried everything but the game keeps crashing over and over again.

Bleeep

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
For anyone who's interested - I've since found that it's the wireless card in the macbook that is causing the issue. I've since purchased a TP-Link Atheros based USB card that gets me one step further, I can now see the packets being transmitted through terminal - although, Smash Bros will immediately crash to the home screen - 'an error has occurred'. Back to the drawing board!

I'm in New Zealand, we normally share a Pal release with Australia. I'm guessing we can use the same .pcap as EU/JAP? Anyone know?

According to the following post on reacttant:
http://www.reacttant.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4tr2tn/how_to_check_version_of_smashbros_for_smashhax

"For the past days I have been struggling to get smashhax working and I discovered (as well as some others on github) that SSB3D cartridges with 1.1.0 pre-installed, don't work with smashhax. Today I picked up a copy with 1.0.0 installed, and it worked! For all of you guys: if the box has an amiibo logo on the top right, it's 1.1.0 and not eligible with smashhax. Note that this is the case with the EU version, I don't know if it's the same with US. So safe yourself some time and buy/use a version of smash bros with just the "nintendo network" logo on the top right of the box."

So, if you have a 1.1.0 cart like me, I guess smashhax doesnt work.

Phoenixruby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu Linux in a VM (no other choice because it won't work with my monitor when trying to boot from a USB) and I double click on smashhax.sh and it asks, "Do you want to run or display contents", I click Run, and nothing happens. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Darqon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten 1.0.1 to work reliably (download copy, not cartridge if that matters) and I recently sent it to ihaveamac. Let's see if he adds it.

Ieattheworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the following post on reacttant:
http://www.reacttant.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4tr2tn/how_to_check_version_of_smashbros_for_smashhax

"For the past days I have been struggling to get smashhax working and I discovered (as well as some others on github) that SSB3D cartridges with 1.1.0 pre-installed, don't work with smashhax. Today I picked up a copy with 1.0.0 installed, and it worked! For all of you guys: if the box has an amiibo logo on the top right, it's 1.1.0 and not eligible with smashhax. Note that this is the case with the EU version, I don't know if it's the same with US. So safe yourself some time and buy/use a version of smash bros with just the "nintendo network" logo on the top right of the box."

So, if you have a 1.1.0 cart like me, I guess smashhax doesnt work.
HEY GUYS ANYONE WHO IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SMASHHAX OR ANY OTHER HOMEBREW 11.0.0.33U/E or whatever just download the web hax. it works 100% no need to buy anything...search it up on youtube on most recent uploads.

ZiggyDeer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ziggydev.xyz
XP
Country
United States
If you can use the browser, I suggest that you use the new browserhax (up to 11.0.0-33!) in the meantime.

Try out Ubuntu 15.04: http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/

This requires a New 3DS. The demo version doesn't work and is patched. If you have 1.1.3 or newer delete/disable the update data.

officially called smashbroshax sometimes smashax
Here is a new tool I call smashbroshax-helper. It is a graphical interface for the exploit which simplifies most of the process of broadcasting the packet. It requires almost no setup outside of creating a bootable Linux USB/DVD.

Important notes:
  • This does not work on Fedora or Red Hat-based distributions because aircrack-ng needs to be compiled on it (and I can't figure out how to install the needed things).
  • Don't use a virtual machine!
  • This probably will never work on Old 3DS.
Download smashbroshax-helper beta

It is recommended that you use a live Ubuntu 15.04 image. Versions 15.10+ have issues. http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/
  1. Create a bootable USB/DVD with a Linux distribution (there are various guides online).
  2. If possible, get a second USB/SD card/storage device, download and save the above .zip to it.
    • Don't extract the contents of it to the USB device, as it might cause problems. Just save the .zip file to it.
    • If you can't do this, you'll have to connect to the Internet while in Linux to download it.
    • If using a bootable USB, make sure you can use two ports at a time. Don't take out the Linux USB while it is being used!
  3. Restart your computer and run the bootable USB/DVD you created.
  4. Extract the contents of the .zip to the Desktop.
  5. Open the smashbroshax-helper folder and double click "smashbroshax.sh".
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts.
  7. If everything goes well, you should now have homebrew!
Video demonstration, from boot to shutdown:

from https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/page-9#post-5842512

If you would like the full tutorial, involving terminal usage and compiling:
To reverse the changes to your wireless interface and remove issues connecting to networks after, rebooting your system or changing it to "Managed" instead of "monitor" should fix it. How to do that is in the second to last section.

@Cydget made a script that condenses most of this into a script. I have not tried it myself yet but it seems to work for others.
Requirements
  • Any Linux distribution should do (this has only been tested with Debian-based distributions). Windows and OS X users should wait or find a method for now, sorry!
    • Please do not use Linux in a virtual machine, it likely won't give direct access to your wireless card. Dual boot or use a live USB/disk.
    • The recommended distro to use is Ubuntu 15.04 (link to Ubuntu MATE 15.04).
  • A Wi-Fi-capable wireless card.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Full or Demo.
  • New 3DS. This does not work on Old 3DS.
  • Patience. The hax is sort-of unreliable so your game will most likely crash a few times.
  • Recommended: Another device to access the internet (phone, tablet, computer, console).
Preparing
  • Install these packages using your package manager. For example, "apt-get" for Debian-based distributions (including Ubuntu).
    Code:
    openssl libssl-dev libnl-genl-3-200 libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-200 libnl-3-dev pkg-config
  • Find your wireless card's interface by opening a terminal and using the command "ip link". It would be something like wlan0 or wlp3s0.
    Code:
    ian@ian-VPCEG34FX:~/Desktop/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src$ ip link
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default 
        link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
        link/ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,ALLMULTI,PROMISC,NOTRAILERS,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DORMANT mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
        link/ieee802.11/radiotap xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
  • You probably already have it, but get the homebrew starter kit and place it on your SD card.
  • Download the smashhax .pcap files from the releases section of the smashbroshax repository.
  • Determine the .pcap file to use. This should be straightforward using the file names.
  • Get the "Otherapp payload" from the Homebrew Launcher site and save it to "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.
  • Download and extract aircrack-ng's latest release source.
  • Save aireplay-ng.patch from the smashbroshax repository in the folder "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2".
Compiling aircrack-ng/aireplay-ng
  • Open a terminal and go to the "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2" folder.
  • Use the command "patch src/aireplay-ng.c < aireplay-ng.patch". If you get the following then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    patching file src/aireplay-ng.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 560 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 573 (offset 1 line).
  • Run "make" and wait. The program should be compiled with the patch now. If you get the following as the last line then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/path/to/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src'
The moment of truth
  • Run these 3 terminal commands in order, using the wireless interface (from "ip link") you found earlier.
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface down
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface mode monitor
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface up
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface channel 6​
    (the last line was suggested by @difool. and might make the payload trigger faster)
  • Enter the "src" folder in your terminal.
  • Run the following command to start broadcasting the packet: "sudo ./aireplay-ng --interactive -r /path/to/smashbros_version_beaconhax.pcap -h 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0 -x 10 wireless_interface"
    Use the .pcap file and wireless interface you found out earlier.
  • On the 3DS system, start the game, then choose Smash and Group. Wait for the magic to happen.
Encountering errors? Something confusing?
  • Does running aireplay-ng end with "End of file"? You might be running your installed version of aircrack-ng. Don't forget the ./ for "sudo ./aireplay-ng ..."!
  • Please tell me the distribution you are using and the error you've encountered. This will help me fix your issue faster.
  • If you don't get something, don't hesitate to point it out! I want to help anyone I can.
  • Did you spot an inaccuracy or mistake I made? It would be great if you can tell me that too.
  • This was before the Otherapp payload selector was added to the HBL site. This is kept here for legacy reasons or something.
    • Determine what file you need to get from the Homebrew Launcher Payload section:
      With the release builds, the hax loads the payload from SD "/smashpayload.bin". This should contain the hb-launcher(https://smealum.github.io/3ds/) otherapp payload. Until there's a proper otherapp payload selector on the hb-launcher site, the payload can be downloaded from the following URL(see also https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer):
      FIRMVER values(without quotes):
      • "POST5" = non-New3DS
      • "N3DS" = New3DS
      REGION values(without quotes):
      • "U" = USA
      • "E" = EUR
      • "J" = JPN
      MENUVER values(without quotes):
      • "11272": Non-JPN, system-version v9.0.
      • "12288": System-version v9.2.
      • "13330": System-version v9.3.
      • "14336": System-version v9.4.
      • "15360": System-version v9.5.
      • "16404": System-version v9.6.
      • "17415": System-version v9.7.
      • "20480_usa": USA, system-versions v9.9-v10.0.
      • "19456": Non-USA, system-versions v9.8-v10.0.
      MSETVER values(without quotes):
      • "8203": System-versions below v9.6.
      • "9221": System-versions starting with v9.6.
      For example, the payload URL for New3DS USA 9.9.0-X - 10.0.0-X is:https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/Pvl9iD2Im5/otherapp/N3DS_U_20480_usa_9221.bin
      The end result is a file named "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.
You are allowed to reproduce/reprint this tutorial, as long as a link back to this page (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/) is included.

I've made some changes to your helper to reflect the difficulties faced with the most recent version of Ubuntu. Plus I think it's a little better.

Here's the link

And here are the changes I've made:
  • "Gksudo" was removed with the latest version of Ubuntu. Replaced with "sudo".
  • Added a 32-bit version of "airmon-ng" to the resources folder.
  • Changed the commands for putting the WiFi in transmit mode to use "airmon-ng"
  • Changed the final dialog text a little bit to reflect my changes.
Among other small things.

I hope this helps somebody in the future!

EDIT: Updated the files to add Smash v1.0.1. I haven't tested it, but it should work.

Last edited by ZiggyDeer,

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made some changes to your helper to reflect the difficulties faced with the most recent version of Ubuntu. Plus I think it's a little better.

Here's the link

And here are the changes I've made:
  • "Gksudo" was removed with the latest version of Ubuntu. Replaced with "sudo".
  • Added a 32-bit version of "airmon-ng" to the resources folder.
  • Changed the commands for putting the WiFi in transmit mode to use "airmon-ng"
  • Changed the final dialog text a little bit to reflect my changes.
Among other small things.

I hope this helps somebody in the future!
If you are planing on helping the future out, you should rebuild all of the payloads with the latest source. I say this, because I know that there is a version that got added support, but it wasnt included in the prebuild payloads. I have build it in the past, but I dont think I publicly uploaded it. Maybe Ill post a link if I can find the files.

EDIT: Here ya go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nx9dl155xbifxh/smashhaxUpdated.zip?dl=1 You can probably just copy the 1.0.1 payload and edit a few line inorder to get it to work.

Last edited by Cydget,

ZiggyDeer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ziggydev.xyz
XP
Country
United States
If you are planing on helping the future out, you should rebuild all of the payloads with the latest source. I say this, because I know that there is a version that got added support, but it wasnt included in the prebuild payloads. I have build it in the past, but I dont think I publicly uploaded it. Maybe Ill post a link if I can find the files.

EDIT: Here ya go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nx9dl155xbifxh/smashhaxUpdated.zip?dl=1 You can probably just copy the 1.0.1 payload and edit a few line inorder to get it to work.

Thanks for that, I updated the file and put it in my dropbox over the old one. Link should still be the same.

defeated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for that, I updated the file and put it in my dropbox over the old one. Link should still be the same.
Thank you so much for compiling! But the file didn't run for me. Then, when I try to run it in terminal, it got to the part where it sends packets and closes by itself.

Got a cart w/ 1.0.1 (USA)
Firmware is 10.7.0.32 U on new 3ds xl
I'm a noob here, just decided to use some free time to figure this out and spent hours upon hours trying to get my Wifi recognized by Ubuntu...(Apparently it's the intel wifi broadcom chips in Dells...).

Updated kernel, don't know if that made a difference. The original helpers' smashbroshax.sh runs as like the video showed, but my machine doesn't seem to be receiving the packets/reacting to broadcast at all (tried replacing the pcap, using 1.0.0 and 1.0.2).
Odd... I double checked that I've got the HBL starter kit content on sd card root and the payload renamed and placed in root, too.
Any way I can troubleshoot this?

Last edited by defeated,

ZiggyDeer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ziggydev.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for compiling! But the file didn't run for me. Then, when I try to run it in terminal, it got to the part where it sends packets and closes by itself.

Got a cart w/ 1.0.1 (USA)
Firmware is 10.7.0.32 U on new 3ds xl
I'm a noob here, just decided to use some free time to figure this out and spent hours upon hours trying to get my Wifi recognized by Ubuntu...(Apparently it's the intel wifi broadcom chips in Dells...).

Updated kernel, don't know if that made a difference. The original helpers' smashbroshax.sh runs as like the video showed, but my machine doesn't seem to be receiving the packets/reacting to broadcast at all (tried replacing the pcap, using 1.0.0 and 1.0.2).
Odd... I double checked that I've got the HBL starter kit content on sd card root and the payload renamed and placed in root, too.
Any way I can troubleshoot this?
Have you tried running the command "sudo airmon-ng check kill"? It says to run it in the console.

Last edited by ZiggyDeer,

defeated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried running the command "sudo airmon-ng check kill"? It says to run it in the console.

I ran it and the zip you uploaded did send packages (thanks!) 20160923_125411.jpg but my 3ds still didnt react (not sure what the problem is here).

Last edited by defeated,

yoshimashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it says "open a terminal and go to the 'aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2' folder" so I opened the terminal and opented the folder and used the command "patch src/aireplay-ng.c < aireplay-ng.patch" and got "no such file or directory. Am I supposed to type 'open' in the terminal?

badatmakingnames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My system is at 11.1.0-34 so I've hardmoded and NAND installed the 10.4.0 NATIVE_FIRM. Now I'm trying to do this smashhax and just can't seem to get it to work. I've tried a number of different payload files, but every time smash brothers closes out and says an error occurred. Has anybody else gone down this path?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, its possible to do it with 11.1.0-34 using the smash helper?
Most likely. You will almost definitely need to delete the smash update in settings first. It all depends if smea updated the payloads yet(witch I think he has)

kumita-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Now I'm having lots of troubles with this exploit. I have all the files in the SD card, I tried w/ two different consoles and I tried every cartridge version. I'm kinda tired of this because I also had problems w/ Ubuntu. Now I'm using 14.04.5

The 3ds are in 11.1.0.34E and even with the payload, doesn't seems to work, I only get into my homescreen with the fc message.

Someone could say what's wrong with my life?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ZelkeDark

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
w11.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
So, you say in the original post to use Ubuntu 15.04 or something, but then someone says to use Ubuntu Mate, which doesn't have a 15.04 that I could find. So I am a bit confused as the vanilla ubuntu did not work for me.
Hi, Now I'm having lots of troubles with this exploit. I have all the files in the SD card, I tried w/ two different consoles and I tried every cartridge version. I'm kinda tired of this because I also had problems w/ Ubuntu. Now I'm using 14.04.5

The 3ds are in 11.1.0.34E and even with the payload, doesn't seems to work, I only get into my homescreen with the fc message.

Someone could say what's wrong with my life?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I am having the exact same issue.

Last edited by ZelkeDark,
D

Deleted User

For anyone wanting to know how to get smashhax working for 11.1.0.34, I have compiled the files using the full tutorial on the first page so you don't have to, and I'll give you steps if you would like to use it. Note, this requires the use of terminal.
Version of Ubuntu used was: Ubuntu 14.04

1) download the files form my google drive here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qTpylRpQmNTnR6Nkg4SDlZRHc) and extract the contents to your desktop

2) open terminal and change your directory to the extracted folder "src" within the downloaded files (cd Desktop/smash/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src)

3) check what name your wireless card is using the command (ip link) it is usually "wlan0" or "wlp2s0"

4) when you find your wireless card, use these three commands in order to get the data sent to the 3ds (sudo ifconfig "wireless card" down) (sudo iwconfig "wireless card" mode monitor) (sudo ifconfig "wireless card" up)
Remember to change the "wireless card" to the name of your wireless card
So for example, my wireless card is "wlan1" so the command would look like this [sudo ifconfig wlan1 down] [sudo iwconfig wlan1 mode monitor] [sudo ifconfig wlan1 up]

5) when that is all set and you're in the /src folder, run this command (sudo ./aireplay-ng --interactive -r /home/"user"/Desktop/smash/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src/pacp_out/smashbros_"version"_beaconhax.pacp -h 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0 -x 10 "wireless card")
Remember to change the "user" to what you have your computer username set to, and the "version" for which version of smash bros you have
an example for this would be: [sudo ./aireplay-ng --interactive -r /home/mark/Desktop/smash/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src/pacp_out/smashbros_gameusav100_beaconhax.pacp -h 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0 -x 10 wlan1

6) you should be prompted by the terminal saying "Use this packet?", you need to press "Y" then enter to use the packet

7) with the packets being sent out, go to your NEW 3ds and start smash, select "Smash" from the main menu, Select "Group" next and it should eventually trigger the payload

8) Enjoy using homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!