Using SD Card with another newly hacked Switch?

miozet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,
I have an old unpatched V1 Switch (A), and I a new modchipped (Picofly) OLED Switch (B). I want to use my old SD card in my new switch. Someone in reddit told me when I put it inside, I can use it directly. But when I'm in hekate menu (v6.0.4) and send payload fusee.bin I got an error. It says "A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Package1 seems corrupt!"
I was using emuMMC. And using same hekate version. What should I do to use same SD Card?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey everyone,
I have an old unpatched V1 Switch (A), and I a new modchipped (Picofly) OLED Switch (B). I want to use my old SD card in my new switch. Someone in reddit told me when I put it inside, I can use it directly. But when I'm in hekate menu (v6.0.4) and send payload fusee.bin I got an error. It says "A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Package1 seems corrupt!"
I was using emuMMC. And using same hekate version. What should I do to use same SD Card?
Normally on a modded console, your SD Card have a EmuNAND, that EmuNAND is DEPENDANT of the console because the encryption keys, so you can not just shove the sd card on another console.

If you want the same games you need to install them on the new console, if you like to transfer your savegames, you need backup it on the source console (I do recommend using JKSV) and then import them on the new console.

Reactions: miozet

miozet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normally on a modded console, your SD Card have a EmuNAND, that EmuNAND is DEPENDANT of the console because the encryption keys, so you can not just shove the sd card on another console.

If you want the same games you need to install them on the new console, if you like to transfer your savegames, you need backup it on the source console (I do recommend using JKSV) and then import them on the new console.

I have a lot saves that is not installed. I don't want to do back up and import one by one :/ but it seems I have to do.

So in old one I have done "Partition SD Card" and then created emuMMC. Like this guide.
Should I do this process and create emuMMC in modded Switch, or skip that? (My local guy who modded format another sd card and put necessary files in it, I dont know what he did.)

Sorry for questions, I just dont know how modded chips work, same or not, emuMMC is useless or not. I like the idea of using card and playing online.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for questions, I just dont know how modded chips work, same or not, emuMMC is useless or not. I like the idea of using card and playing online.
In that case you stick with clean OFW for online play and everything else on Incognito+dns blocked emuMMC. I recommend minimize emuMMC(RAW) partition around 10GB to maximize USER partiton on OLED console since all SD card based, pointless to separate from partitons.

Reactions: miozet

miozet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In that case you stick with clean OFW for online play and everything else on Incognito+dns blocked emuMMC. I recommend minimize emuMMC(RAW) partition around 10GB to maximize USER partiton on OLED console since all SD card based, pointless to separate from partitons.
Yes I was using dns for blocking Nintendo servers.

So for modded switch this guide is ok? And I also know nh-server guide. What do you recommed? It's been so long since I've done this with my unpatched V1 switch.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a lot saves that is not installed. I don't want to do back up and import one by one :/ but it seems I have to do.

So in old one I have done "Partition SD Card" and then created emuMMC. Like this guide.
Should I do this process and create emuMMC in modded Switch, or skip that? (My local guy who modded format another sd card and put necessary files in it, I dont know what he did.)

JKSV have the option of save restore all.

Reactions: BigOnYa and jkyoho

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They all pretty much same, I was watching this video when doing smaller emuNAND on my OLED

Hey there. Waiting for my first unpatched Switch to arrive. Can you explain why that would be necessary and/or helpful when you can install games to the emunands own "internal storage" anyway? It doesn't seem like it would make any difference where that 32GB is located because it can still be used. Not saying it's NOT useful. I'm seriously asking because I've never done it before and if there's a benefit that would effect me, then I'm all for it. :)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey there. Waiting for my first unpatched Switch to arrive. Can you explain why that would be necessary and/or helpful when you can install games to the emunands own "internal storage" anyway? It doesn't seem like it would make any difference where that 32GB is located because it can still be used. Not saying it's NOT useful. I'm seriously asking because I've never done it before and if there's a benefit that would effect me, then I'm all for it. :)
EmuNAND is needed to avoid to put software on your SysNAND, you can leave it "Clean" of non-saint software or even like me, avoid the wearing of the SysNAND by using only EmuNAND.

Reactions: jkyoho

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
it doesnt matter much since emummc is all SD card based, every file runs on SD card. Minimize the emummc user partition just a personal preference thing, in order to maximize storage use of the emummc/sd card.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EmuNAND is needed to avoid to put software on your SysNAND, you can leave it "Clean" of non-saint software or even like me, avoid the wearing of the SysNAND by using only EmuNAND.

I fully understand what an emunand is for. I'm not new at modding consoles at all. What I'm saying is, what is the point of creating a SMALLER emunand than normal? Wht not just keep the emunand at 32GB? It's not wasted space because you can install titles to the "internal storage" of the emunand. I am not referring to installing anything on sysnand. Remember, the emunand is also emulating it's own internal storage. You can install to the emulated internal storage keeping sysnand internal storage clean. I don't see the point of making a small emunand and was just curious if there was some benefit I was missing.
Post automatically merged:

it doesnt matter much since emummc is all SD card based, every file runs on SD card. Minimize the emummc user partition just a personal preference thing, in order to maximize storage use of the emummc/sd card.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Doesn't matter much at all and is a personal preference. I watched the video and the guy states having a normal size emunand is a waste of space, when it is not. The space is still useable. :)

Reactions: impeeza

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I fully understand what an emunand is for. I'm not new at modding consoles at all. What I'm saying is, what is the point of creating a SMALLER emunand than normal? Wht not just keep the emunand at 32GB? It's not wasted space because you can install titles to the "internal storage" of the emunand. I am not referring to installing anything on sysnand. Remember, the emunand is also emulating it's own internal storage. You can install to the emulated internal storage keeping sysnand internal storage clean. I don't see the point of making a small emunand.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Doesn't matter much at all and is a personal preference. I watched the video and the guy states having a normal size emunand is a waste of space, when it is not. The space is still useable. :)
You will see the difference when doing same emummc prep on a OLED.:rofl2:

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not getting an OLED, but I am curious as to the difference. So there IS a benefit I'm missing, but only for OLEDs? Explain? :)
OLED got 58gb RAW partition,which will take long time to creat at first place. Also when you creating emummc. You split your spare space into 49GB user partition and rest of SD card. Imaging you are install a big guy,say 5GB into your last 4GB internal storage of the Emummc.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OLED got 58gb RAW partition,which will take long time to creat at first place. Also when you creating emummc. You split your spare space into 49GB user partition and rest on SD card. Imaging you are install a big guy,say 5GB into your last 4GB internal storage of the Emummc.

That makes absolutely zero sense to me. Haha! But thanks for trying to explain. The Switch tells how much space is left on both the SD card and emummc emulated internal storage, correct? So why would someone try to install 5GB if the Switch reports only 4GB remaining? Is there not still the same amount of usable space regardless the size of the OLED's emummc? It still sounds like a personal choice as to where a person wants the space to be located. Either in the emulated internal storage or in the sd card storage. I could be very wrong. lol.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I fully understand what an emunand is for. I'm not new at modding consoles at all. What I'm saying is, what is the point of creating a SMALLER emunand than normal? Wht not just keep the emunand at 32GB? It's not wasted space because you can install titles to the "internal storage" of the emunand. I am not referring to installing anything on sysnand. Remember, the emunand is also emulating it's own internal storage. You can install to the emulated internal storage keeping sysnand internal storage clean. I don't see the point of making a small emunand and was just curious if there was some benefit I was missing.

OK, all that fuse about get a small EmuNAND started years ago when you only was able to use a RAW partition to create it.

And people was using small cards, think, you are going to create a setup with a 64 GB card, then the people think they are going to «loose» 32GB on your SD Card and in their minds they think only will have 32 GB on the SD card, BUT, you also can install software on the EmuNAND.

Now we have the File Based EmuNAND which is only some microseconds slow than RAW partition one. so the people «see» all their SD Card as available space.

Today have no sense to reduce the EmuNAND size not even for the OLED because that 64GB EmuNAND can be used to install games.

Maybe if you only are going to install on your system a small game, let say 2 GB and the rest of your SD Card will be used for I don't know, RetroArch ROMs; may be, may be then you are loosing space because you will no install data on the EmuNAND, but this is a nicho situation.

It's a matter of perception.

That makes absolutely zero sense to me. Haha! But thanks for trying to explain. The Switch tells how much space is left on both the SD card and emummc emulated internal storage, correct? So why would someone try to install 5GB if the Switch reports only 4GB remaining? Is there not still the same amount of usable space regardless the size of the OLED's emummc? It still sounds like a personal choice as to where a person wants the space to be located. Either in the emulated internal storage or in the sd card storage. I could be very wrong. lol.
Yeah, you can use the EmuNAND and the SD Card as console storage, so no sense at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: mabe where you live