Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im going to try and use it, but i ahve a couple of questions

1. i used sciifi to hack my wii from 4.2 to 4.3, but did not update all the isos like for example the wii shop channel still needed an update
2. will i need to reinstall anything after i run it and update isos?
3. will i run into trouble since i used sciifi to update previously, in otherwords am i going to brick my wii if i use this homebrew?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PimpMiWii is not a traditionally supported product around here.

Might take a whilw to get a response. Personally, I would would rather know what I was installing on my Wii, and more importantly - Why I am doing it =)

Best of luck.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah don't use Pimp my Wii. It's a pretty crappy product.

If you must use my guide.
wink.gif

Just do step 1 then jump directly to the sciifii step.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well my guide has.

and regarding your questions. I may answer them. Depending if they are again caused by you not following the guide correctly or not.
wink.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
so why are people against using pimp my wii, anyways anyone else have had any problems with it?
A better name for Pimp My Wii is "Brick My Wii".

I've had Pimp My Wii brick two wiis. It installed a corrupt SM on one, and I don't know exactly how it failed on the other. Both thankfully had bootmii/boot2. I did use it on a 3rd wii successfully though. (Note that these bricks occured using older versions of PMW, I haven't touched the latest versions)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Install brick protection before using it.

Other than that, just using it to install certain titles should be fine. If don't mess with the SM or SM IOS (in your case IOS80), there's no real risk of a permanent brick.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im going to have a list of isos, soon to post, and once i do that can you tell me which ones i should get updated and installed?

diagonistics provided by pimp my wii, because syscheck was having aproblme finding ios4 size idk why it was working fine earlier

No useful IOS has been found, using IOS 36

IOS 80 has a trucha bug fix, i cannot play modified games with disc channel

ios 36 has the es identify bug corrected, homebrew cannnot function without this bug

no cIOS 202 5.1 found, this cios is used to play game which use intruments
no cios heremes 223 v5.1 found
no cios 224 v5.1 found
ios 53 v5149 outdated
ios 55 v5149 outdated
ios 56 v5661 outdated
57 v5661
58 v6175
ios 60 is a stub v6400
missing ios 70v6912
ios 80 has trucha bug fix

ios 4 is outdated v0
missing ios 10 v768
missing ios 11v256
missing ios 16v512
missing ios 30v 2816
ios 20 v 256
ios 51v4864
shopping channle is outdate v18 instead of v20
the channel eula is outeade v2 instead of v3

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
PIMP MY WII doesn't cause any brick and I doubt anyone is able to give a proff that it did a brick.

I'm surprised that especially on GBATEMP forum a lot of people complain about its use, may be they never use it and report only a few comments sent by others ...

The aim of PIMP MY WII is to install IOS and CIOS (Waninkoko rev 20 and Hermes V5.1) that are not up to date.

It also updates channels like photo or shop to the last status.

PIMP MY WII aim is to safely install 4.1 system menu + associated IOS and (as explained above CIOS), unfortunately for gamecube backup CMIOS is not installed (MIOS is).

It is a very simple way to HACK your WII (assuming with succeeded installing the HBC)

I have used it a long time like a lot of people without any trouble for example I have updated my wii to include the safe part of NINTENDO last update.

Regarding sciifii as I have not used it I cannot guaranty that PIMP MY WILL is fully compatible with it but their some tutorial that suggest to use sciifii for the hack and PIMP MY WII after to update IOS .

Any way PIMP MY WII can be launched in test mode so you might produce the results of test mode in this thread.

Make sure PMW 2.11 is used at the minimum (current latest)

Regards

Olivier

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the diagnostics pimp my wii gave me

ios 36 has the es identify bug corrected, homebrew cannnot function without this bug

no cios 224 v5.1 found
ios 53 v5149 outdated
ios 55 v5149 outdated
ios 56 v5661 outdated
57 v5661
58 v6175
ios 60 is a stub v6400
missing ios 70v6912

ios 4 is outdated v0
missing ios 10 v768
missing ios 11v256
missing ios 16v512
missing ios 30v 2816
ios 20 v 256
ios 51v4864

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:

This is an optional fix. You might want to reinstall IOS36 with ES_Identify if some homebrew doesn't work.

squirrelman10 said:
no cios 224 v5.1 found
Do you play backups (either USB or disc)? If so, you might want to install these.

squirrelman10 said:
ios 53 v5149 outdated
ios 55 v5149 outdated
ios 56 v5661 outdated
Update these.

QUOTE(squirrelman10 @ Sep 11 2010, 02:20 PM)
57 v5661
58 v6175
ios 60 is a stub v6400
missing ios 70v6912

ios 4 is outdated v0
missing ios 10 v768
missing ios 11v256
missing ios 16v512
missing ios 30v 2816
ios 20 v 256
ios 51v4864
Update the shopping channel and EULA, and install a new IOS4. Do nothing to the rest of the IOSes.

If you want, you can apply trucha to IOS80 using DOP-Mii or MMM.

@OliverTheBest: Please do your research. I've seen a LOT of complaints about this tool (especially older versions). I've bricked 2 wiis with older 1.x versions, as have a few others on another site I belong to. I've also seen several reports about USB loaders and backup launchers breaking following its use.

When using it manually, it's fine. In the automatic mode, I'll pass.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Used PMW 2.11 today to update my IOS files and Customs as well. Ran it and it came back with a load of outdated IOS. went through them one by one to check everything I needed was there, stayed well clear of installing system menu (4.1 was offered I am on 4.2). Pressed the button and away it went. Everything is still working, USB Loaders, HB channel and anything else I had.

Absolutely no problem and very easy to use.

Remember even in automatic mode it lets you review what it wants to install and you can make changes if you want. You dont have to install everything it wants

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
Used PMW 2.11 today to update my IOS files and Customs as well. Ran it and it came back with a load of outdated IOS. went through them one by one to check everything I needed was there, stayed well clear of installing system menu (4.1 was offered I am on 4.2). Pressed the button and away it went. Everything is still working, USB Loaders, HB channel and anything else I had.

Absolutely no problem and very easy to use.

Remember even in automatic mode it lets you review what it wants to install and you can make changes if you want. You dont have to install everything it wants
You're the 4th success story today I've heard about PMW now. I'll give it a shot when I update my shop later today (instead of DOP-Mii). If it works, my opinion could change on it.

My existing complaints are based on bad experience with the 1.x versions.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok having problems it keeps trying to downgrade the ios 15, then it cant do anything else to update idk what to do

it keeps looping, it downgrads ios15 to v257 then it goes back to reading all the isos then it goes to 41 (cannot downgrade for trucha bug exploit) and says 41 is the best option but then it says cannot downgrade it will downgrade ios 15 to v257 then it does it again

what should i do?

2323oi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use configurable usb loader and have always used the latest pimp my wii to keep the system updated. i always accept default suggestions.

all the wii's i use it on run smoothly and reliably.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
ok having problems it keeps trying to downgrade the ios 15, then it cant do anything else to update idk what to do

it keeps looping, it downgrads ios15 to v257 then it goes back to reading all the isos then it goes to 41 (cannot downgrade for trucha bug exploit) and says 41 is the best option but then it says cannot downgrade it will downgrade ios 15 to v257 then it does it again

Have you tried to power off and restart wii and pimp my wii after you got these messages ?

QUOTE@OliverTheBest: Please do your research. I've seen a LOT of complaints about this tool (especially older versions). I've bricked 2 wiis with older 1.x versions, as have a few others on another site I belong to. I've also seen several reports about USB loaders and backup launchers breaking following its use.

Yes I will do but I will appreciate you give some links too.

For USB LOADER that's really simple : PMW installs last CIOS so I the loader (from example USB LOADER GX was not compatible with HERMES V5.1) where not compatible to last CIOS automatically the usb loader was not working - In this case it is not PWM bu the user that shall knows that he will get up to date CIOS !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.