Hacking using ocarina

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is gecko OS required for using ocarina? I checked wiibrew for ocarina and it redirected me to Gecko OS which only had an update log. I tried a search but basically all I found was "halp I need a code." From what I can see gecko OS is basically to make a wii region free..so I don't really see how those two are related.. Or do I simply need to just drop ocarina on my SD card and I'm good to go? (for reference I use config usb loader)

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Configurable USB Loader can download and activate GCT codes using a built-in interface inside the loader (check the game settings, they're in there). So no, Gecko OS is not required for Ocarina.

If you wanted to use codes downloaded from your computer, most loaders support putting it in a "codes" folder either within the loader's folder or at the root.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ocarina is built-in to CFG USB Loader, so no you won't need to actually install anything extra. Put any GCT files you downloaded in the 'codes' folder, or download them from the loader itself.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Also a Q about Ocarina. Do the codes matter whether the game is NTSC or PAL?

Only asking cause here it only states use for NTSC.

I just want to use the CC in DKCR but I have a PAL copy.

Cheers!

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. So is anyone here able to help me find out? I'm sure it's more complicated than I think but can someone even help me find out myself for getting these codes?

(not finding them on the internerdz but actually figuring them out through coding or something...?)

Thanks!

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
Okay. So is anyone here able to help me find out? I'm sure it's more complicated than I think but can someone even help me find out myself for getting these codes?

(not finding them on the internerdz but actually figuring them out through coding or something...?)

Thanks!

If you mean making the codes, you need a usb gecko, and intelligence. As for using the codes, you don't need either. Use gecko os, ocarina was a program years ago, now it's been abandoned and implemented in other programs like gecko os, and some backup loaders.

You can find codes at http://www.geckocodes.org/

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
http://geckocodes.org/

The largest library of Ocarina codes on the web as far as I'm concerned.

Ah just read it properly. Making Ocarina codes is a tough deal. You'll need a USB Gecko device, and you'll need knowledge on the creation process... I'd say your best hope is to simply wait and hope there is a code available soon.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys!!
smile.gif

I'll look into SNEEK as I don't have a USB Gecko.

churkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There already are codes for DKCR in CFG loader, ive downloaded from cfg ingame menu and some work some dont. Theyre for the NTSC version (It think thats what I have).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1