ROM Hack Using NTR to use romhacks?

Sielrok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been reading everywhere, trying to see if there is a way to use NTR Layeredfs to use romhacks(Just the files by themselves) Instead of having to rebuild Pokemon Omega Ruby every time I do a Custom Texture.
So similar to how the Language Plugin works for Fire Emblem Fates, where all you would need to do is Update the mod files you wanted to use, is there such a way to do that for custom textures/models for Pokemon Omega Ruby?
I Tried Following a layeredfs guide, but it made no sense to me, and I can't get Mine working correctly. Thanks for any help with this!

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

1. Decrypt the application in question (using your 3DS).
  2. Download the LayeredFS scripts
  3. Take the ExeFS.bin (decrypted) and run it through the LayeredFS (following their directions).
  4. Whatever it generates, you ultimately need to do the following with the results.
    1. Have ./plugin/[GAME ID FOLDER]/layeredfs.plg on the root of your 3DS SD card.
    2. [GAME ID FOLDER]/[ROMFS ROOT]/.. on your SD card with the files you want to replace.
    3. so your sd should have a plugin folder with your game id(s) in it and compiled layeredfs plugins per game. and folders on the root for each game id, and thats where you start treating it as the root of romfs (extracted).
  5. Launch NTR, and then launch your game when NTR successfully loads. The screen will flash green and should be using your files on the SD
I did this in EmuNAND (NTRBoot 3.2) on a O3DS, using gateway. It also works with installed CIA.

Reactions: [^Blark^]

Sielrok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got all that. I also have the decrypted Exefs.bin file. But I can't get the layeredfs Program to run no matter what I do. i have 3dsdev kit and Python Installed, the Directories are right as well... x.x

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the application paths. I have multiple partitioned drives on my machines, and its expecting to use windows environment path variables. The ones in the app were all wrong.

Sielrok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'll have to check. Its giving me all "This file not found" Errors. Its been driving me insane

{EDIT} I got it, you were right. I Just needed to change the Directories! They really ought to add that for people who Install to Different Locations/Harddrives. Now to add my mods! Thanks for the help sir! <3

Last edited by Sielrok,
Reactions: Helmax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill