Hacking Question Using "Match Version with Local Users" Option to Update Games without being Online?

Have you tried using the ""Match Version with Local Users" option w/ a 2nd non hacked Switch?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Has anyone used the Switch's built in "Match Version with Local Users" option to update their .XCI's? I'm assuming you do not need WiFi to perform this and should be a good alternative for those that want updated games and who have friends with non hacked switches...

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works just fine. I updated my brothers games so we didn't have to connect to the internet.

Nice! Thats good to hear :)

Actually, maybe the reason people haven't tried it is because they can't/don't want a second Switch lol

I was referring more so for those who have friends/family with Switches who do not hack their systems in any way... :)

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring more so for those who have friends/family with Switches and do not hack their systems in any way... :)
Fair enough. But to utilize that feature, you also need to be on the same firmware. And most, if not all, people who do not hack their consoles are on the latest firmware while those who do are usually not on the latest firmware. Overlap is possible here but differences in ideologies reduce the chances.

I will admit that the Switch is one of the few rare exceptions to this as we are taking advantage of a hardware exploit meaning firmware is a moot point. However, not everyone is on the latest firmware for their own personal reasons.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: UltiGC

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough. But to utilize that feature, you also need to be on the same firmware. And most, if not all, people who do not hack their consoles are on the latest firmware while those who do are usually not on the latest firmware. Overlap is possible here but differences in ideologies reduce the chances.

I will admit that the Switch is one of the few rare exceptions to this as we are taking advantage of a hardware exploit meaning firmware is a moot point. However, not everyone is on the latest firmware for their own personal reasons.

True I was just going to say that. Hardware exploit is pretty big atleast for this iteration of the hack.... No real reason to stay on lower firmwares for most users.. lol

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They do not need to be on the same firmware. Only problem is if the game update being sent requires a newer system version then the sending switch will also transfer its system update with the game update. This was well discussed ages ago when others and myself did some testing on this function.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do not need to be on the same firmware. Only problem is if the game update being sent requires a newer system version then the sending switch will also transfer its system update with the game update. This was well discussed ages ago when others and myself did some testing on this function.

Ahh that makes sense. Thank you for that bit of info! Much appreciated. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land