Ban Risk? Using 'match version with local users'

samethernet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I've started using the 'match version with local users' to update retail games using my unmodded switch as a source and my 2nd modded switch as the destination.

Has there ever been any reports of people using this feature from an unmodded switch only to have their unmodded switch banned or am I safe to use this feature to update retail games to my modded switch?

samethernet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the replies, much appreciated. In regards the firmware. I keep both my unmodded and modded switches update to do date when possible as the modded switch needs atmosphere to be updated first.

If anyone else has further input from their own experience, it be greatly appreciated.

tripapreza

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guys,

I've started using the 'match version with local users' to update retail games using my unmodded switch as a source and my 2nd modded switch as the destination.

Has there ever been any reports of people using this feature from an unmodded switch only to have their unmodded switch banned or am I safe to use this feature to update retail games to my modded switch?
Thanks Google I found this thread. I'm searching the side effects for the opposite direction. Let me explain...

1 - Switch V1 up to date with Atmosphere (emuNAND) has Zelda TOTK v 1.1.1 known atm to have the easiest dup glitch.
2 - Unmodded OLED Switch & Zelda TOTK cartridge.

No matter what I do, I can't play the physical Zelda TOTK without updating to the last version. It sucks 😞

What I want to know is: will my OLED switch get banned if I use the "match version with local users" to get version 1.1.1 of TOTK from the emuNand one?

captain_obvious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to know is: will my OLED switch get banned if I use the "match version with local users" to get version 1.1.1 of TOTK from the emuNand one?
I don't know if you'll get banned or not but if your OLED Switch has ever had a higher version of Tears of the Kingdom installed then you can't install a lower version. The game will simply refuse to boot. Only homebrew can reset the required version, a factory reset from the settings will not.

Reactions: tripapreza

tripapreza

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if you'll get banned or not but if your OLED Switch has ever had a higher version of Tears of the Kingdom installed then you can't install a lower version. The game will simply refuse to boot. Only homebrew can reset the required version, a factory reset from the settings will not.
I tried and got the error 2211-0520 on the OLED one. The emuNAND one displayed some communication error message. The OLED one is okay and has not got banned. At least so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch