Status
Not open for further replies.

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have used the 3ds.guide website and installed luma and fbi onto my 3ds. But I am having issues - I have a backup of a game which I want to install on my 3ds. Obviously FBI only accepts .cia files.

How do I convert .3ds files into .cia so that I can install it using FBI?
ORR... is there an easier drag drop mechanism to play .3ds files right away (something like what gateway does?)

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to convert the 3ds file to a cia file. An easier alternative would be to just download the cia file or use freeShop to download the game straight from your 3DS.
see about that..

everytime I use freeshop it takes me right to the full proper nintendo eshop - did I do something wrong in the installation?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see about that..

everytime I use freeshop it takes me right to the full proper nintendo eshop - did I do something wrong in the installation?
While in freeShop, did you scan the encTitleKeys.bin QR code from that 3DS title key website?

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While in freeShop, did you scan the encTitleKeys.bin QR code from that 3DS title key website?
ah thanks man, that was a nudge in the right direction. Googled up what you said, and found the solution.

Are there any homebrews that you find interesting? I was looking for a NDS and NES emu, but have not found anything seemingly stable?

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK not possible, also very inconvenient.
hmm fair enough. However, in that case how do people get hold of titles that are not available on the freeshop?

I dont really care much about .3ds files - but I am finding that freeshop hasnt got some titles e.g. NFS The run. Is there a way getting hold of these? Or am I not looking for it the right way on the shop app? :huh:

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one question - will it be risky playing these converted games online?
No risk if an update is installed. If there's no update, Nintendo can detect version 0 with a generated header.

As for games not on freeshop, they bought and dumped them, and didn't upload the title key.
The slotx* files are decryption keys that you have to either dump yourself or download from a piracy site.

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No risk if an update is installed. If there's no update, Nintendo can detect version 0 with a generated header.

As for games not on freeshop, they bought and dumped them, and didn't upload the title key.
The slotx* files are decryption keys that you have to either dump yourself or download from a piracy site.

Right I understand. Is there a way of updating the game post fbi installation? Or to check if its the most updated version and thus safe?

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Some games are card only and they never were on the eshop.

And FBI says some of freeshop games are on version 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1