Hacking Using European CIAs on US 3DS XL with Gateway? Bad?

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So should I make sure I use MH4U CIA from USA to play on USA console online? Or for CIAs region dont matter? Same question for games that claim to be "region free". Is that because they were hacked to be region free or what?

Basically the simple question is... are eshop games region free or should I only make sure to get the ones from my region?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(All?) 3DS games are region locked, including eshop games. Any .cia that say "region free" are edited, or "hacked" to be such.

There is not yet sufficient information available to decide whether using .cia from other regions, or even from your own region is safe for online play. Information so far suggests that, for now, using any .cia is fine. This may change abruptly.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
(All?) 3DS games are region locked, including eshop games. Any .cia that say "region free" are edited, or "hacked" to be such.

There is not yet sufficient information available to decide whether using .cia from other regions, or even from your own region is safe for online play. Information so far suggests that, for now, using any .cia is fine. This may change abruptly.

Ok so sounds like its best to go with ur region CIAs only...

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So should I make sure I use MH4U CIA from USA to play on USA console online? Or for CIAs region dont matter? Same question for games that claim to be "region free". Is that because they were hacked to be region free or what?

Basically the simple question is... are eshop games region free or should I only make sure to get the ones from my region?
For MH4U, you'll want to get the US one. That way you can access the DLC menu, and get the free DLC package. However, you can still play online if you chose to use an EU copy, so if you don't care about the free DLC, it doesn't really matter. To answer the title's question, it isn't bad per se, but for the best compatibility (when it comes to online matchmaking and DLC) you want to match regions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyhlqvXzsCE