Using cheats with EZFlash 3in1

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Beat_, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Beat_
    OP

Beat_ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    I've searched the forums but I couldnt find answers for my question.
    I want to use cheats on some of my Pokémon games to catch those event legendaries and to change my starter on Pokémon Emerald. Can I do this in EZFlash 3in1? If so, how?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Cheats will depend upon your cart and the program you are using to help flash it. I am not sure what goes for the various carts with onboard support in their kernels, I do not think GBA exploader has much in the way of anything.

Alternatively you can try
    1) GBAATM
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-auto-trainer-maker-gbaatm.99334/
    Download http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/tools-utilities/download-gbaatm-1-9-9-7-0-0-1-f33297.html
    This is a tool that will attempt to hardpatch cheats into a ROM.

2) Getting the save and using it with an emulator. Start the game with the relevant cheats in VBA or something and then transfer the save to the 3 in 1. You should be able to go back and forth between the emulator and 3 in 1 with relative ease if you want. The specifics might again vary with the program you are using, in this case AKAIO likes to change things. Nothing drastic but still a change to the usual import and export battery save stuff.

3. Beat_
    OP

Beat_ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Thank you very much for the reply. My slot-1 cart is a Wood R4, does that change anything?

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Your patching the cheats onto the gba ROM, this is independent of your slot1 flashcart. No, it doesn't change anything.

5. Beat_
    OP

Beat_ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Ok, I'll just get the items for the events with the emulator, and then play the rest on the DS :P Thx for the fast replys everyone.