Hacking Question Using Atmosphere for homebrews and SX OS for games: a couple of questions

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am already a SX OS user, but I'm planning to also install Atmosphere for its reliability with homebrews.

I've read that it's not a problem to use them side-by-side, but I couldn't find a tutorial to help me set it up (if some special settings are required).

In particular, I would like to understand how everything is shared between them. For example, could I use EdiZon in Atmosphere to edit a save file, and then use that edited save file with the game with SX OS?

Thank you :)

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download kosmos (atmosphere) from here: http://www.sdsetup.com/

When you build your zip, just copy the sd folder to the root of your SD card, make sure you get the latest hekate payload and use it to boot atmosphere. Launch cfw through hekate and your done. Anything you do Homebrew wise like edizon should stay when you boot back to sxos.

Last edited by eskinner3742,

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am already a SX OS user, but I'm planning to also install Atmosphere for its reliability with homebrews.

I've read that it's not a problem to use them side-by-side, but I couldn't find a tutorial to help me set it up (if some special settings are required).

In particular, I would like to understand how everything is shared between them. For example, could I use EdiZon in Atmosphere to edit a save file, and then use that edited save file with the game with SX OS?

Great post , it would be cool to use the Sxos payload and once its loaded be able to use any other homebrew , like Atmosphere nad other without restarting the switch and sending diffrent payloads .

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

You can download kosmos, or better yet, download atmosphere and push fusee-primary.bin with your phone, pc, payload loader, etc.

You can edit savegames with edizon running atmosphere and then play games normally with that edited save file without any issues.

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

same question, is there a detailed tutorial?

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Now that I think about it, does Edizon need the game to be running in order to modify the save file? Because in this case I would have some troubles, since some of my games are in XCI format.

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Now that I think about it, does Edizon need the game to be running in order to modify the save file? Because in this case I would have some troubles, since some of my games are in XCI format.

Also a discreet bump for this question...

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any chance to see linuxares' tutorial and and an answer about the XCI format (above)?

First of all EdiZon is a save game editor and savegames are stored on your NAND. So games don't need to be running (for the main save editing feature).
However as already stated this won't apply to saves in your SX OS emuNAND if you're using that one.
If you do, dump your emuNAND save from within SX OS with Checkpoint (EdiZon might work there as well but is not supported), switch to Atmo, edit it with Edizon, switch back to SX OS emuNAND and "restore" the edited save there with Checkpoint.

Also the best way to use both is to just put KOSMOS on your sd card and then use the "reboot to payload" homebrew and/or Argon NX to switch between your custom firmwares. That's what I do and it just works™.

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: smf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...