DiNo29

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Long ago I backed up the save from my retail Fire Emblem Awakening (EU) cartridge using the Gateway menu, and I still have the .sav

I lost this cartridge, so I'm trying to use the .sav with a backup of a new FE:Awakening EU. Is it possible at all without the headers? Would installing it as a cia help?

I tried copying the save renamed to 000400000009F100.sav on the SD card, but when I start the game I get an error saying the save data is corrupted.

I think the save was made on my previous 3DS.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry it is not possible to load the save without the header the save was created with.
Currently there is no solution to this problem.

Reactions: DiNo29

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If he knew what .3ds file he was using on his Gateway, wouldn't he be able to restore the save with the help of an user that has a Sky3DS or a functioning Gateway setup though? The key is here, obviously, whether he knows for a fact what 3ds file he used .. If you know specifically where you downloaded the game from and that the rom hasn't been changed since then restoring it could be possible with the help of an another user @DiNo29

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
You guys are all wrong, this is possible with the help of savedatafiler.

I haven't done this in a long time, and my tutorial might be outdated a bit, but the core explanation is basically the same:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-export-import-save-games-to-3ds-3dz-retail-carts.391154/

What you need to use is sections A and B iirc
Savedatafiler and JKSM can only read an encrypted save if it's for the currently-loaded game. Since the original cartridge was lost, it's not possible to load it.

Reactions: Distrance

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Savedatafiler and JKSM can only read an encrypted save if it's for the currently-loaded game. Since the original cartridge was lost, it's not possible to load it.
Actually you might have a point. I haven't tried that for a very long time, so I can't confirm. So I'll take your word for it :)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You mean the first one, from which I exported the .sav? Nah, it was from my personal cartridge I had bought.

So let me get this straight.. You originally owned the physical copy of the game? Then, you extracted the save and used it with GW? How'd you do that without using a rom made from the game you used to own?

DiNo29

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I originally owned the game. At some point, I got rid of my 3DS and games, but used the gateway to make a backup of all my saves in case I got another one later.
So, I never used the .sav file, I just extracted it from the cart and then stored it on my PC.
Now I have a New 3DS, and a different copy of Fire Emblem Awakening... and a useless save.

(I did make backups of the games too, so at least my other saves are safe, but I must have forgotten to backup FE)

Last edited by DiNo29,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ah, I understand you now. That is a shame but yeah from the sound of it that save is then indeed, useless.

There is a save editor for Fire Emblems though, so you might be able to do something with that if you have any idea what you had on that save. Not sure if you can set a save to be at a certain point in story, but as far as items, relationships and children go then you should be able to do that if you can actually remember anything relevant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1