Hacking Using a borrowed gateway 3ds to install BBM?

oogawooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't need to convert BBM, there is a CIA already included in the download. If you convert it to CIA manually it might not work.

Ah I wasn't clear bbm works fine. The games however do not. It just tells me to shut off. I've tested ocarina and new super Mario bros.

EDIT: Okay so i tested someone elses cia and that works perfectly fine, so it's an error on my end converting to cia. Do you know what i could've done wrong Jdbye-Sama?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah I wasn't clear bbm works fine. The games however do not. It just tells me to shut off. I've tested ocarina and new super Mario bros.

EDIT: Okay so i tested someone elses cia and that works perfectly fine, so it's an error on my end converting to cia. Do you know what i could've done wrong Jdbye-Sama?
Could be any number of things. What did you use to convert the file?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait wait wait. What if the OP just installs devmenu instead, is that a valid cia? ie. will it pass all normal sysnand signature checks?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
3DS To CIA Converter 4.0 using this guide

I see. Try this one:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/
It's so simple, there's not much that can go wrong. :)

Wait wait wait. What if the OP just installs devmenu instead, is that a valid cia? ie. will it pass all normal sysnand signature checks?
It won't pass a single one. The exheader is unsigned (because we don't have a valid signature for the permissions it needs) and the ExeFS isn't properly encrypted or signed because it comes from the SDK tools which are signed/encrypted for dev units which use different keys than the retail 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?