Hardware Using 2DS SD with 3DS

JaggerLagger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old 2ds is not working due to it being destroyed. I do still have the SD card which works fine. I have a 3ds and I want to use my 2ds SD card with it since it has my stuff on it. I followed a tutorial that said I had to format my SD card which erased everything on it. Luckily I thought about uploading my files onto an USB. When I copy and pasted it on there, none of my games showed up nor did the CFW. The only thing that did show up were my photos from when my 2DS worked.

I also tried the same method with a 2DS XL. It failed to work. Even though it has CFW, none of my games showed up. Can someone tell me a better way to get my stuff back or is there no way to do so?

EDIT: The main thing I want are my save files. Sadly I did not think about using checkpoint outside of 2 games I own. I managed to upload those saves onto the 2DS XL I mentioned so I'm not worried about those two games. I did back it up my other games using the backup feature that's already available on the 2ds. However no guide I've read or seen has stated how to get those.

Last edited by JaggerLagger,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My old 2ds is not working due to it being destroyed. I do still have the SD card which works fine. I have a 3ds and I want to use my 2ds SD card with it since it has my stuff on it. I followed a tutorial that said I had to format my SD card which erased everything on it. Luckily I thought about uploading my files onto an USB. When I copy and pasted it on there, none of my games showed up nor did the CFW. The only thing that did show up were my photos from when my 2DS worked.

I also tried the same method with a 2DS XL. It failed to work. Even thought it has CFW, none of my games showed up. Can someone tell me a better way to get my stuff back or is there no way to do so?
Your console uses unique encryption keys. You could copy the keys to work with the new console. but you will encounter issues when trying to use eshop for any reason. If you have a NNID on the old console, you could get in contact with nintendo to do a system transfer to get the serial number and NNID moved to that new console. The sloppy way to clone the consoles nand could be used if you care for the saves if needed.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage