Hacking Useful/Necessary Files?

sphinx.djc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, I wanted to ask out there if anyone could tell me some useful or necessary files needed when running flashcarts. I got DSi at launch and along with that I got an Acekard 2i. Its been working fine (except for Castlevania freezing a bit more than I'd like...) but I'm still new to the flashcart scene and wanted to know what other files I could use to better or enhance the way my flashcart runs.

One thing off the top of my head I want to know is, what exactly are loaders? I've tried the wiki but it says its down right now...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're using AKAIO and not the firmware that normally comes with the Acekard2i then there isn't a whole lot of 'un-necessary' stuff there per-say. If you're having problems with Castlevania then I suppose you can try holding the "X" or "Y" buttons down while the game loads. This might give you better stability for any games you're having problems with.

Loaders are for AKAIO, and are updates to the way AKAIO loads your ROMS. AKAIO separated out the GUI interface from the engine that loads the games, so they can be updated separately. Having the latest loader for AKAIO can help with specific game issues, so it's always worth getting the latest one if you're having a problem.

sphinx.djc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doyama said:
Assuming you're using AKAIO and not the firmware that normally comes with the Acekard2i then there isn't a whole lot of 'un-necessary' stuff there per-say. If you're having problems with Castlevania then I suppose you can try holding the "X" or "Y" buttons down while the game loads. This might give you better stability for any games you're having problems with.

Loaders are for AKAIO, and are updates to the way AKAIO loads your ROMS. AKAIO separated out the GUI interface from the engine that loads the games, so they can be updated separately. Having the latest loader for AKAIO can help with specific game issues, so it's always worth getting the latest one if you're having a problem.

Yes I am using AKAIO, I will use the X and Y method, see if anything happens.

So I guess the loader sounds like a useful tool, can I get a link to the latest one? Is it some kind of software I have to load up myself or does it run alone in the background or something?

By the way, where I can find some decent skins for AKAIO? Asides from the downloads here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8