I'm thinking of buying a PSVSD for internal storage. I currently use an SD2Vita but lately my frequently ejects (file transfers by MicroSD card reader on the go, no home network or PC) have resulted in intermittent card not detected issues and lengthy database rebuilds. AppDB and other utilities can't restore my icon layouts (SQL errors, etc) so it's a real pain. My questions are these: Is the PSVSD reliable? (Supposedly faster than SD2Vita too). Can it be used along with SD2Vita? And can Vitashell copy files between ux0 and uma?
Says SD2Vita Pro (white). I have a spare (haven't tested yet, says the same thing but in different places)It probably just comes down to me having to take the SD2Vita and MicroSD out frequently.
Says SD2Vita Pro (white). I have a spare (haven't tested yet, says the same thing but in different places)It probably just comes down to me having to take the SD2Vita and MicroSD out frequently.
Update: I've had my PSVSD for awhile but had no luck with Torx screwdrivers. Rather than order a 3rd set, I did what I could with pliers. Got 1 screw out. Then had to gnaw through the 3G modem, breaking the peg pole out for the other. Oh well, only need 1 screw to secure it. The rubberband, latex glove, and superglue tricks don't work. Superglue was the worst thing to try. Made the screws look like deadpool and then was worse off.
I was able to migrate to the PSVSD with my old card ok after messing with the storage options in Autoplugin II (Be sure to hit triangle to save). Fortunately it seems the mount settings act like a PC's boot priority list, so I wasn't locke
Still haven't gotten a 2nd card to work with SD2Vita yet. Hoping the Vita can format it (zzblank.img) without a PC. Researching that now.
Post automatically merged:
Another update: Getting an error about the 3G Modem. Had to use an AutoPlugin II plugin to disable all the 3G Features to make it stop. Since then, Airplane mode disables wifi instead of only 3G. Also getting alot of C2-12828-1 errors randomly, but only when opening or closing apps. Vita blacks out and the PS Logo flashes. But beware of that 3G-disabling plugin. The browser's keyboard vanished when I reverted from it (keyboard still worked in Vitashell). Re-disabled and it's fine again.
VitaDeploy can format a card in SD2Vita without a PC. However, such card was unreadable by a PS3 (unlike the one sitting in my PSVSD, IrisMan for ExFat) and presumably a PC too. And YAMT cannot mount both PSVSD and SD2Vita, whether told to in Settings -> Devices ->Storage or AutoPlugin II. However, VitaDeploy can manually mount it to grw0:. Wish this were automated. Maybe switching to USBMC would work but that's a leap I'm not ready to take as I might have no access to the tools to undo it if something goes wrong.
Another update: I had YAMT Lite. The full install let me mount both at startup
Update: You can mount SD2Vita as uma0 if PSVSD is ux0 but not vice-versa. Simarly, no flash drive support on PSTV with SD2Vita as ux0 (YAMT and StorageManager won't see it). And VitaDeploy cannot format 2TB cards (it crashes), but that one SD2Vita helper script on Windows works.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...