Hacking USBLoader GX won't launch Nintendon't even though I set the paths correctly.

Mr. Sparkle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been searching the forums a bunch and I can't find anything about this specific issue I'm having now.

I changed my HDD from a 2TB that was split into 2 different partitions, 1.7 TB for computer backup stuff formatted to NTFS, and a 300GB partition formatted to FAT32 32KB clusters for my wii backups and GameCube backups. The hard drive was a Seagate 2tb Desktop External USB 3.0, and worked just fine. I have now changed to a 320gb inside an external toolless enclosure. I have formatted it to FAT32 32KB clusters with Gparted, and all my games are recognized, and I can play Wii backups no problem.

My GameCube games show up, but when I click on GameCube games, it notifies me that I "Need to set my GameCube main path" or something similar to that. I have set the path to usb1/games in custom paths area, and my Nintendon't loader path is set manually to the correct apps/Nintendont folder (my nintendont folder is capitalized for the N).

I can launch Nintendon't from the homebrew channel perfectly, and launch Gamecube games and play them no problem. But USB Loader GX won't launch Nintendont when I click on the GameCube games.

I've been spending the last few hours on this, and haven't made any headway. I manually downloaded the loader and transfered to my SD card again, but it did the same thing when trying to launch GameCube games in USB Loader. I updated to r1260 and tried again to no avail.

Not sure what to do. I have searched the forums, and I can't find anything about my specific problem. Does anyone know anything about this specific issue?

Thanks

Mr. Sparkle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've dug a little more, and finally I figured out my problem.

My HDD was somehow formatted to a GID partition table. I was able to get it recognized by nintendont and USBLoader GX, but they couldn't handshake properly. I repartitioned as MBR, and now everything works well.

Sorry for the noob post, I just couldn't figure it out! It turns out I somehow overlooked step 1 of formatting the HDD :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-