USBLoader GX won't launch Nintendon't even though I set the paths correctly.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Mr. Sparkle, May 2, 2016.

1. Mr. Sparkle
    OP

Mr. Sparkle Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    4' to the left
    Hey guys, I've been searching the forums a bunch and I can't find anything about this specific issue I'm having now.

I changed my HDD from a 2TB that was split into 2 different partitions, 1.7 TB for computer backup stuff formatted to NTFS, and a 300GB partition formatted to FAT32 32KB clusters for my wii backups and GameCube backups. The hard drive was a Seagate 2tb Desktop External USB 3.0, and worked just fine. I have now changed to a 320gb inside an external toolless enclosure. I have formatted it to FAT32 32KB clusters with Gparted, and all my games are recognized, and I can play Wii backups no problem.

My GameCube games show up, but when I click on GameCube games, it notifies me that I "Need to set my GameCube main path" or something similar to that. I have set the path to usb1/games in custom paths area, and my Nintendon't loader path is set manually to the correct apps/Nintendont folder (my nintendont folder is capitalized for the N).

I can launch Nintendon't from the homebrew channel perfectly, and launch Gamecube games and play them no problem. But USB Loader GX won't launch Nintendont when I click on the GameCube games.

I've been spending the last few hours on this, and haven't made any headway. I manually downloaded the loader and transfered to my SD card again, but it did the same thing when trying to launch GameCube games in USB Loader. I updated to r1260 and tried again to no avail.

Not sure what to do. I have searched the forums, and I can't find anything about my specific problem. Does anyone know anything about this specific issue?

Thanks

2. Mr. Sparkle
    OP

Mr. Sparkle Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    4' to the left
    Okay, so I've dug a little more, and finally I figured out my problem.

My HDD was somehow formatted to a GID partition table. I was able to get it recognized by nintendont and USBLoader GX, but they couldn't handshake properly. I repartitioned as MBR, and now everything works well.

Sorry for the noob post, I just couldn't figure it out! It turns out I somehow overlooked step 1 of formatting the HDD :wacko: