Homebrew USBLoader GX not launching Pokemon titles

ProudlyBiWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I had gotten a new Wii and appropriately Homebrewed it, installing USBLoader GX to load games. Unfortunately, for some reason, both Pokemon Battle Revolution and Pokepark 2 refused to boot, resulting in a black screen with no inputs. I would have to fully power off the console to fix the issue. I have provided a SysCheck in the .txt file below, and appreciate any help!

Attachments

• sysCheck.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 29

adliala89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing how you're in PAL, I have a question. What did you use to get your rom games? Vimm's Lair is an amazing site that has all Wii ROMs.

I've had an issue like this before regarding a Genesis emulator for the Wii. I waited for a minute and it somehow loaded in. My recommendation is to wait for a minute or two, and if it's not loading something's going on.
Also: question, do other games work on USBLoaderGX? Try something from Vimm's Lair, and make sure it's WBFS.

ProudlyBiWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing how you're in PAL, I have a question. What did you use to get your rom games? Vimm's Lair is an amazing site that has all Wii ROMs.

I've had an issue like this before regarding a Genesis emulator for the Wii. I waited for a minute and it somehow loaded in. My recommendation is to wait for a minute or two, and if it's not loading something's going on.
Also: question, do other games work on USBLoaderGX? Try something from Vimm's Lair, and make sure it's WBFS.
I installed both files from Vimm's Lair as WBFS, and the USB is in FAT32, converted to WBFS with WBFS Manager. I have other games from Vimm's, such as Rhythm Heaven Fever, working without issue. I have heard that Wii Backup Manager is a greater alternative. If simply waiting does not fix the problem, I will use Wii Backup Manager instead. However, I will have to test in the morning due to the late time in my country.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the CIOSs 249,250,251 as shown here.
Also it's highly recommended to install BootMii as either IOS or as Boot2, and creating a nand backup, here's the guide.
After you've done both, try again and see if it boots.

ProudlyBiWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here to give a progress report on a few things. I had reformatted the USB as FAT32 and used Wii Backup Manager to transfer the game's WFBS files onto it, along with reinstalling the CIOS in the guide linked by CoolMe. However, strangely, seems I've found a new issue.

To summarise, I've unearthed a new problem in USBLoader where the games get stuck on the banner, not responding to input. Out of all my games, only Kirby and Mario Kart are able to load after I reset the console.

However, I have incredible news. I tested it out of curiosity, and WiiFlow manages to load them without issues! Battle Revolution and Pokepark loaded first try, and all other games loaded aswell. My solution to the problems presented by USBLoader is to ignore the problem and go straight around it.

In the end, friendship ended with USBLoader. Now WiiFlow is my best friend.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here to give a progress report on a few things. I had reformatted the USB as FAT32 and used Wii Backup Manager to transfer the game's WFBS files onto it, along with reinstalling the CIOS in the guide linked by CoolMe. However, strangely, seems I've found a new issue.

To summarise, I've unearthed a new problem in USBLoader where the games get stuck on the banner, not responding to input. Out of all my games, only Kirby and Mario Kart are able to load after I reset the console.

However, I have incredible news. I tested it out of curiosity, and WiiFlow manages to load them without issues! Battle Revolution and Pokepark loaded first try, and all other games loaded aswell. My solution to the problems presented by USBLoader is to ignore the problem and go straight around it.

In the end, friendship ended with USBLoader. Now WiiFlow is my best friend.
I suggest using this modded version of USBLOADERGX by by Blackb0x and testing again.
It could also be because you're using a usb flash drive..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm