Hacking usb loaders wont recognise my usb (formatted to wbfs and added 3 games

wal88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi,
Ive been using my wii a lot for gaming/multiplayer and its always a strain on the dvd reader so i decided to try the usb loader for my games.
I have a 160gb serialATA USB2.0 generic 160gb portable usb drive, I used some partition thing to resize my stuff and make a new partition (about 20gb), I assigned the new 20gb partition a drive letter and as a Primary. I used wbfs manager 3.0.1 to format it and added games (worked perfectly). Now the problem, I tried usb loader gx, usb loader 1.5 and uloader - none of them recognise my usb (usb not found errors). I tried setting the wbfs partition to active but it still doesnt work; also tried assigning a drive letter alphabetically earlier than my other (ntfs) partition.
any suggestions appreciated,
thanks

EDIT: I have rev10 installed, I tried to install rev13 but it didnt work properly ill need to go to friends house to use his wireless.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wal88 said:
Hi,
Ive been using my wii a lot for gaming/multiplayer and its always a strain on the dvd reader so i decided to try the usb loader for my games.
I have a 160gb serialATA USB2.0 generic 160gb portable usb drive, I used some partition thing to resize my stuff and make a new partition (about 20gb), I assigned the new 20gb partition a drive letter and as a Primary. I used wbfs manager 3.0.1 to format it and added games (worked perfectly). Now the problem, I tried usb loader gx, usb loader 1.5 and uloader - none of them recognise my usb (usb not found errors). I tried setting the wbfs partition to active but it still doesnt work; also tried assigning a drive letter alphabetically earlier than my other (ntfs) partition.
any suggestions appreciated,
thanks

EDIT: I have rev10 installed, I tried to install rev13 but it didnt work properly ill need to go to friends house to use his wireless.

It sounds like your "Partition Thing" didn't do a very good job. Maybe you could try using disk manager or something mainstream and starting over with new partitions making certain they are all set to primary.

wal88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yes, I did try it again, I think the first time I accidently formatted to ntfs THEN wbfs, anyway; this time i made the new partition with type:None, made it primary, assigned a drive letter (im using Acronis Partition Changer which is meant to be a good one). Went through with WBFS manager - formatted and added games; usb loaders still don't work. This time Im getting "Error! ret = -1". I tried both usb holes as well.
anything else will be appreciated

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it's worth trying to format both first as ntfs (after partitioning) then using a wbfs tool (in windows) or a usbloader (on the wii) format the first partition as wbfs.

note that after formatting to wbfs, your partition should not be readable in windows

also: acronis' partition tool has given me a lot of grief in the past. if all continues to fail, maybe you can try another partition manager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2