Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder if one of you coders could implement some "FORCE -Mode" into the USB Loader.
Something like "if 1 is pressed force NTSC" and "if 2 is pressed force PAL"

Anybody willing to do ?

Erizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ryu77 said:
mousex said:
WiiPower did it already.
Force PAL and force NTSC
Errr ... Link plz ?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=search
wink.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
setting it to buttons can be done with the following code added into the geckomenu.c

Not tested as i just hardcode my setting into default dols for each set of circumstances and use the correct one for each game.
However it should work as all of this code is extracted directly from the geckomenu.c loading code only without all the sections that are used to toggle options on and off since this is a forced option load code.

Place the following code immediatly after /* Root menu action */ in geckomenu.c, replacing the 1 in WPAD_BUTTON_1 with the button you want to be the trigger. replace the /* values in the following code with the appropriate vaules from the end of the post and then compile to create the type of loader you want.

Code:
if((pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_1 && currentmenu == ROOTMENU))
ÂÂÂÂ{ clearscreen(xfb, 20, 80, 278, 315, 0x00800080);
write_font(185, 154, "Launching Game");
hooktype=/*;
configbytes[0] = /**;
memset((void*)0x80001800,0,kenobiwii_size);
memcpy((void*)0x80001800,kenobiwii,kenobiwii_size); 
DCFlushRange((void*)0x80001800,kenobiwii_size);
configbytes[1] = /***;
nowiird = 1;
apploader();
sleep(2);
}

To enable ocarina, make sure hooktype is set to 3 or 2 and change the line towards the beginning of geckomenu.c
from
Code:
u32 ocarinaselect = 0;ÂÂÂÂ// Off as default
to
Code:
u32 ocarinaselect = 1;ÂÂÂÂ// On as default

/*= valid values are: 1,2,3. default or VI is 1. 2 is wii pad and 3 is gc (2 and 3 may be backwards)
/**= valid values are 0x00 through 0x09 representing languages
Default 0xCD, Jap=0x00, Eng=0x01, Ger=0x02, Fr=0x03, Spa=0x04,Ita=0x05, Dut=0x06, S.Ch=0x07, T.Ch=0x08, Kor=0x09.
/***= valid values are 0x00 through 0x07 for different modes no patches=0x00, pal60=0x01, vi=0x02, pal60+vi=0x03, ntsc=0x04, ntsv+vi=0x05, pal50=0x06. pal50+vi=0x07

Hope this helps a few people
smile.gif

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
will code up, compile and post tomorrow after work. Even though everyone knows no one of the softmii team knows anything about coding or compiling, lol.
expect them around 6pm est time. Will be posting 3 dols. all of them ocarina disabled, however holding 1 after hitting start will enable ocarina. 1. force ntsc 2. force pal50 3. force pal60.
If anyone has had any experience with actually needing the vidpatch turned on for a game let me know and ill also release a version of each forced video with vidpatch enabled. Also which channel maker do you want these made to work with. howardC's or the bnrbandit program, as they use different id searches to patch channels to match game ids.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
@Digitydogs

Would you mind sharing the source codes of the autoboot booter.dol? And How to make it to press 1 then enter the menu? Thanks.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damn its a good thing its just small changes to do all of this.... ok so at this point im looking at 8 dols.
4 for howardc's and 4 for bnrbandit.
been thinking about it and there are so many possible combination of options, that i think this will be the best way to do it.
1 force ntsc for HowardC
1 force ntsc for Bnrbandit
1 force pal50 for HowardC
1 force pal50 for Bnrbandit
1 force pal60 for HowardC
1 force pal60 for Bnrbandit
1 force nothing for HowardC
1 force nothing for Bnrbandit

All will have:
hold up to enable Vidpatch and ocarina with wii hook
hold down to enable Vidpatch and ocarina with gc gook
hold left to enable Vidpatch without ocarina

hold 1 to enable ocarina with wii hook
hold 2 to enable ocarina with gc hook.

I think that covers all possible desired options for usb channels dols in the best possible way. if anyone can think of any option ive missed there are still two trigger buttons left, lol. And i will be including source with the release. not sure if i need to release 8 seperate sources or if i can get away with a single source with code comments that explain how to change each option to make it do what you want.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Finally, at least one of coders is willing to share his source code of the mod version.
Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: