Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
The black bar at the bottom has nothing to do with the loader.
You are prob running the wii in 50hz mode. If you change it to 60hz in the wii menu it will correct it but at the loss of a small bit of clipping top and bottom of your screen. I have found no way around this as far. As the loader is based on NTSC console and not PAL.

Jarock

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was thinking... (I do that sometimes
rofl2.gif
)

Widescreen option will most likely be a "config.txt" ON/OFF thing.

How about:

config.txt
Code:
# background = image_name.png
#ÂÂ name of your background image, in PNG format, located in your images path (see above option)
#ÂÂ If not specified, a default template will be used.
background = bg.png
background_wide = bg_wide.png

# Screenmode [normal], widescreen
screenmode = widescreen

And when covers gets downloaded, they download the 160x225 for 4:3 set loaders, and autoresize to 120x255 for widescreen mode enabled loaders when downloading?

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
@PNo4

Yeah, I would like it that way. But don't know if it's possible to automatic resize the covers.

It is but freeimage lib's need to be implemented into Ultimate Loader for this, AppleBelly's Loader is using it (to resize images of download).

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
PNo4 said:
I was thinking... (I do that sometimes
rofl2.gif
)

Widescreen option will most likely be a "config.txt" ON/OFF thing.

How about:

config.txt
Code:
# background = image_name.png
#ÂÂ name of your background image, in PNG format, located in your images path (see above option)
#ÂÂ If not specified, a default template will be used.
background = bg.png
background_wide = bg_wide.png

# Screenmode [normal], widescreen
screenmode = widescreen

And when covers gets downloaded, they download the 160x225 for 4:3 set loaders, and autoresize to 120x255 for widescreen mode enabled loaders when downloading?

Please help me?thank you

“Post #2096 ”

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
NeoRame said:
ok here my little background based on alfatreze background idea....

54264552.png

layout = ultimate2
console_color=0,7

Preview Boxart in action ;-)
boxart.png

btw, i have seen a few bugs...

the colors 7 and 8 are swapped and

I wanted to change the coordintes of the cover. but when i chnage it the covers will not show and when i set the coordinates for the gamelist too, the covers will be show but i cant navigate because my wiimote will not found.....

Hi mate. Hope you don't mind used your Boxart and did a little adjustments to it and done new BG.

Great work
Jarock

wiibg.png

Boxart:
Image1_8.jpg

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Harry Potthead said:
Why does the USB - Loader install the games so slow? Is it a bug of USB-Loader 1.4? With v1.1 it goes much faster
unsure.gif

It's not a bug. is normal in this version as some games had videoclip problems maybe because of the fast ripping. Not sure was this the reason tho. Will prob be corrected in future version.

I use 1.1 to rip the games and use 1.4 for playing or deleting. Otherwise use WBFS manager for your PC.

Jarock

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don´t think, some games had videoclip problems. There is only a bug in cIOSrev10 or in the new 1.4.
You can use the on 1.1 based UltimateLoader, it has the same functions and bugfixes!

Harry Potthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jarock said:
Harry Potthead said:
Why does the USB - Loader install the games so slow? Is it a bug of USB-Loader 1.4? With v1.1 it goes much faster
unsure.gif

It's not a bug. is normal in this version as some games had videoclip problems maybe because of the fast ripping. Not sure was this the reason tho. Will prob be corrected in future version.

I use 1.1 to rip the games and use 1.4 for playing or deleting. Otherwise use WBFS manager for your PC.

Jarock

Good Idea, will use 1.1 to install now
smile.gif
Thanx !

priv8dan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an idea I want to throw out to you guys here, because we have soo many amazing looking background png files:

Some PNG files could have a TXT containing: background, console_cords, console_color, and covers_cords?
(ie, bg.txt for bg.png)
bg.txt said:
background = bg.png
console_cords = x,y,width,height
console_color=foreground,background
covers_coords=x,y
Config.txt no longer has [background=] settings, maybe we can have [theme=] where the user can change it according to the TXT file they are using (ie, theme = bg1.txt) it'll certainly make things simpler no?

We just keep these txt on the SD card and we only have to change one thing in the config.txt file.
Maybe I'm being too lazy, but I think it's a great idea......
What do you guys think?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
jarock said:
The black bar at the bottom has nothing to do with the loader.
You are prob running the wii in 50hz mode. If you change it to 60hz in the wii menu it will correct it but at the loss of a small bit of clipping top and bottom of your screen. I have found no way around this as far. As the loader is based on NTSC console and not PAL.

Jarock

yup he's right !

but will be keeping an eye on the 16/9 progress

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, since I went to bed a lot of things are happening.

The download mods are great. Do you guys want to add the download covert art control?

If you want that, then you need to get a "game boot confirmation" because there is no available control in the select page.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
Wow, since I went to bed a lot of things are happening.

The download mods are great. Do you guys want to add the download covert art control?

If you want that, then you need to get a "game boot confirmation" because there is no available control in the select page.

I was just thinking about that, you could make the game boot confirmation a config setting, and when using it that way have all the options in it eg: video, language, ocarina, download cover, any new thing you come up with.

Or make it so when your pointing at a game on the console you press b or whatever button and it pulls up a list of options eg: video, language, ocarina, download cover... you change whatever setting you need to, download cover if needed and go back to the console list. All the settings are save so now you can just auto boot from the main screen. This would also clean up the console and free up some buttons
smile.gif
just my idea.

Even better would be a button = auto boot, b button = game boot confirmation screen with settings, change settings on confirmation screen then launch game from confirmation screen which would save the settings and from now on you can just auto boot that game. You would only need to use that way if you dont have box art or if the defaults you set need to be changed for a cretin game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo