Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the black background/white text version of V4 with new button mapping

(It's not exactly the same as V4 because I incorporated V4's changes to my loader)

Difference from V4 is listed below in case you want to know about it:
1. Left and Right button are scrolling the game title page
2. Button B for language changing
3. 13 entry per page (just my feeling, having 13 entries give a cleaner look)
4. Have default bg.png and noimage.png if you don't put one in your SD:/images/
5. (Backend) Add default IMAGE_X and IMAGE_Y for the boxart image so that people could change the location of image easier

As said, we need a new background for the new button mappings.

Link:
http://sharebee.com/86a4b095

Here is the childproof version:
http://sharebee.com/2ebc5e4e

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Well, even if we then would have 16:9, and the Background would fit the whole screen, what would be the new dimensions for the bg.png? So it won't look streched/squeezed? Also, the main problem would be still, that the Covers are also stretched...that's also the problem..displaying the covers in 16:9..can you upload a .dol with your fix, or tell me if this works? We then would be another little step forward to 16:9...I need this
smile.gif

Like you said, this will make EVERYTHING fit the screen, and some stretching will be on the covers too. About the "new" dimensions, well haven't checked in to that just yet.

USBLoaderModv4 with the code i added.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BELTHFAM

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"non region checking covers" is still on my whish list

//some semi-c++ code

if myFileName = "("SD:/images/%c%c%c%c%c%c.png", ascii(header->id[0]), ascii(header->id[1]), ascii(header->id[2]), ascii(header->id[3]), "P", ascii(header->id[5]))
{
snprintf(imgPath, sizeof(imgPath), "SD:/images/%c%c%c%c%c%c.png", ascii(header->id[0]), ascii(header->id[1]), ascii(header->id[2]), ascii(header->id[3]), "P", ascii(header->id[5]));
}
else if fileexists("SD:/images/%c%c%c%c%c%c.png", ascii(header->id[0]), ascii(header->id[1]), ascii(header->id[2]), ascii(header->id[3]), "U", ascii(header->id[5]))
{
snprintf(imgPath, sizeof(imgPath), "SD:/images/%c%c%c%c%c%c.png", ascii(header->id[0]), ascii(header->id[1]), ascii(header->id[2]), ascii(header->id[3]), "U", ascii(header->id[5]));
}
else
{
snprintf(imgPath, sizeof(imgPath), "SD:/images/noimage.png");
}
this is mentioned by somebody 5 posts back

now i messed around with this function too:

myFileName = "mydata.txt";
inp.open(myFileName.c_str(), ifstream::in);
inp.close();
if(inp.fail())

but i just suck at C code, i know only java and some php.. rather useless now... :S

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though 16:9 was already supported. It is working full screen on my 55" Vizio. My settings are 480P Widescreen mode and I am using the component cables.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dun4cheap said:
I though 16:9 was already supported. It is working full screen on my 55" Vizio. My settings are 480P Widescreen mode and I am using the component cables.

Are you sure you dont have small black borders to the left and right?

I sure have had that in all previous versions, after i add thoose 2 line of code in Video.c the picture is filling up 100% off the screen.

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just another idea:

maybe the backgrounds could also include a .ini file or something..
which the loader checks to set the postition of images and the length of the gamelist etc..
(would be cool imho)

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will double check this evening, but there is a distinct difference with 16:9 and 4:3.

BTW the difference in pixel resoltion for NTSC 16:9 is 960x540 as compared to NTSC 4:3 640x480. At least these are for Video Editing in Liquid.

Some screens have different overscanning as well.

MephSkellington

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I've found the 'USBLoaderMod v4 by Narolez' which is based on the USBLoader by WiiShizzza.
http://rapidshare.com/files/219689777/USBL..._by_Narolez.rar Whoops - sorry the Pass is supposed to be: wii94

Original Post by Narolez:
Narolez said:
V4 is on the road ...

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ USBLoaderModV4 by WiiShizzza/Narolez

Fixes by Narolez [V4]:
- Fixed used/free diskspace flashing on navigate up/down
- Added gamescount on used/free diskspace info
- Increase image loading performance, faster navigating!
- 16 Entries per Page

Install:
Copy the copyToSDroot-Folder to your SD-Root and install
one of the Channel-Forwarder.
::Download::

Now im tired and go sleeping ...

My old Forwarder Channel which I'd really like to keep seems to point to \apps\usb_loader
In the package I found the boot.dol is in the path \apps\usbloader

I tried to simply replace the old boot.dol in \usb_loader but when using the channel I got a blackscreen with code dump error.
Using the new boot.dol via homebrew channel works, though.

I wonder, if anyone here could explain me how I could keep my old forwarder channel?
Maybe can you recompile the USB Loader to work with that path?

Oh, because I appreciate your work, I also contribute a new background for the USBLoader.
I like the Wii-Style so I made a custom Wii-ish WiiUSBLoader logo and a white / light blue background.

60280247.png

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
PNo4 said:
Blue-K said:
Well, even if we then would have 16:9, and the Background would fit the whole screen, what would be the new dimensions for the bg.png? So it won't look streched/squeezed? Also, the main problem would be still, that the Covers are also stretched...that's also the problem..displaying the covers in 16:9..can you upload a .dol with your fix, or tell me if this works? We then would be another little step forward to 16:9...I need this
smile.gif

Like you said, this will make EVERYTHING fit the screen, and some stretching will be on the covers too. About the "new" dimensions, well haven't checked in to that just yet.

USBLoaderModv4 with the code i added.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BELTHFAM

I got test thaton my 16:9 flat TV, and works normal (covers and list are ok), Exept that the first line of games list is hidden (by the bground maybe...).

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyways.

I don't think what I did is the full solution. Right now the Loader is pretty much 4:3 mode, and if you have your Wii in 16:9 mode it stretched some (i guess) and on top of that I added soem code to stretch even more.

Maybe someone with MUCH more codingskills will do a full and proper 16:9 mode eventually.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
hungyip84 said:
This is the black background/white text version of V4 with new button mapping

(It's not exactly the same as V4 because I incorporated V4's changes to my loader)

Difference from V4 is listed below in case you want to know about it:
1. Left and Right button are scrolling the game title page
2. Button B for language changing
3. 13 entry per page (just my feeling, having 13 entries give a cleaner look)
4. Have default bg.png and noimage.png if you don't put one in your SD:/images/
5. (Backend) Add default IMAGE_X and IMAGE_Y for the boxart image so that people could change the location of image easier

As said, we need a new background for the new button mappings.

Link:
http://sharebee.com/86a4b095

Here is the childproof version:
http://sharebee.com/2ebc5e4e

Nice one. Now we need that new background, though. Also, what do you mean by #5?

I agree with marice, shouldn't a .ini be better for settings like button mapping, background, etc?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, before it's too late, we need to swap the game list from being on the right to being on the left (and put box art on the right). It's a more natural way to read information, and the only reason the list ended up on the right was because Waninkoko had put his site's mascot on the left, which is not there anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro