Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raptir said:
Having a few issues with configuring this... where should my config.txt be going? I have it in /apps/usbloader/config.txt, and it doesn't seem to be registering. None of the settings I've set in there work. Help?

Same.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
Why does this Loader have a txd? It should just have all the stuff built in it with multiple versions. The thing that bugs me the most is that you cannot run this from preloader, and you cannot inject this into a wad because it code dumps.

the config.txt is to make this loader completely customizable, so he doesn't have to compile 30 different versions all just a little bit different. Try 7.1 from preloader as freeimage library was removed, that may have been causing you those errors

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
nice simple dead easy to use freeware.. batch image resizer prog.. for the noobs

tip! when you install don't install the toolbar garbage that comes with it... (i hate that with some freeware)

http://www.fotosizer.com/

- To use add the folder containing your covers... then remove the images that don't require resizing.. i.e backgrounds..

- untick maintain aspect ratio..

- select custom settings radio button

- select px from drop down box...

- add 120 height and 225 width

- select output folder

- select output format [same as original]

- select filename mask as %F

- click start and your done...

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hungyip84 said:
Hi,

Here is a 7.1 release (1.4 only at this moment)

- auto resize is removed to fix the install bug.

- added wimage_path option. This is the path that you put your widescreen background and widescreen cover art to. (default is SD:/wimages/

Notes: when you have widescreen turned on, the downloaded cover art would not get auto-resized, you need to resize yourself. Sorry about that.

I included the japanese game fix by Narolez as well (Thanks Narolez!) Please let me know if ocarina is really disabled with it is turned off.

I will release the source and 1.1 version tonight.

dol:

http://sharebee.com/b2872d07

Config information: http://pastebin.com/m2500cc78 (thanks wiimano)

Thanks hungyip !

I'm sure I'm not the only one confused as hell right now. I'm the one responsible for initially distributing the first 400 covers ... now, well I just dont know anymore
smile.gif
I've more or less given up following.

WHAT size covers needs to be used for widescreen now? (16x9) NTSC
WHAT size bg.png is required for widescreen ?
Is version 7.1 for a flat cover image? Or the one that is slightly rotated?

I wish there was some control around here
smile.gif

Thanks,

Kosaic

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
Guys can you see the free space that has left at your drive at usb loaders' menu?I use the widescreen version and i can see the list of the games but not the hdd specs(free space,space used etc)Do you have the same problem?

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
Hi,

Here is a 7.1 release (1.4 only at this moment)

- auto resize is removed to fix the install bug.

- added wimage_path option. This is the path that you put your widescreen background and widescreen cover art to. (default is SD:/wimages/

Notes: when you have widescreen turned on, the downloaded cover art would not get auto-resized, you need to resize yourself. Sorry about that.

I included the japanese game fix by Narolez as well (Thanks Narolez!) Please let me know if ocarina is really disabled with it is turned off.

I will release the source and 1.1 version tonight.

dol:

http://sharebee.com/b2872d07

Config information: http://pastebin.com/m2500cc78 (thanks wiimano)

settings knackered..

code dump when pressing B

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
also in the team spirit maybe offer some help over here?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145610

seems some fellow coders could really use advice on the patch vid and force region parts of the loader code! its a beautiful gui much like the new snesgx and fcegx however its lacking in functionality with the video modes
frown.gif

THANKS IN ADVANCED TO THE TEAM PLAYAZ HERE ON GBATEMP KUDOS!

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
correction I press any button i get a black screen.. now funny enough I think I know what it is...

I think it has something to do with your new config setting..

just let me test..

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions I can't find the answers in this very long thread (I only looked at 10-15 pages):

- The download cover option fails on my wii, do I have to set something up for it to download the cover?

- Ripping games takes a REALLY long time (over an hour for a 3GB game). I am ripping to a 2.5" HDD (200GB) and I am using the 1.4 version (not sure what's the difference between 1.1 and 1.4....)

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem as rudy69... how long does it typically take for everyone to install the games? lets say an average 3gb game? takes about an hour or longer for me and sometimes it hands... using beta3 of v7.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rudy69 said:
I have a few questions I can't find the answers in this very long thread (I only looked at 10-15 pages):

- The download cover option fails on my wii, do I have to set something up for it to download the cover?

- Ripping games takes a REALLY long time (over an hour for a 3GB game). I am ripping to a 2.5" HDD (200GB) and I am using the 1.4 version (not sure what's the difference between 1.1 and 1.4....)

This is a known issue with 1.4. Use a 1.1 version for ripping games, it works much faster. Or for backups use image burn (I find it faster the usbloader 1.1).

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
use 1.1 to install games

1.4 is known to be slow , but i believe that is waninkoko's department , hopefully be fixed in his next release

fyi i installed cooking mama today 2.06GB in 9.23 minutes

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
versions based on 1.4 are slow at installing...
Wait until Hungyip releases the 1.1 based version. that should give you more speed in dumping... Who knows why...?

Other way, and in my opinion best way, use some WBFS Manager on PC.

//EDIT:
LOOOOOL...
I'm out for today.
cya

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
righto.. its defo to do with the new config setting.. or it relationship to other widescreen settings..

I set widescreen to 0 and all is ok...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o