Hacking USB Loader lags on Cinema Scenes

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So I just wanted to see if this lag on my games cinematic scenes was normal and/or if there was a way to fix this (from how I understand it, loading from a USB HD "should" be faster).

I currently have the newest version of USB Loader GX on my Wii with cIOS rev12. I've put all of my games on an external HD (it's a "Western Digital My Passport" external, the one without the power supply and is powered through the USB). For some reason, on many games, the cinematic scenes lag a LOT (super mario galaxy and dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3 for example).

Is this normal?? Is it because I'm using a USB external that doesn't have an external power supply (it's powered through the USB)?? Or is there an option to fix this maybe??

Thanks for the help!

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I don't use 13b is due to the fact that every other time you play a game, it'll go to a black screen and I have to hard reset my Wii.

Does rev13a have the "every other time black screen" problem?

And from what your saying, rev 10 has faster loading times... But I wouldn't be able to play a majority of my games, right?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still dont't get what the big problem with "i can't play 2 games without rebooting between" is. Rev13a has that bug too, but in exchange it's faster than rev12, and if it's compatible with your HDD, then you can play ALL games that are playable. Which you can only with other cIOS with dirty tricks.

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I switch games a lot, so it's just not acceptable atm. Maybe if I stop switching I'll definitely give it another try... We'll see.

But just to clarify, rev10 and rev13a will be a lot faster (and not lag on cinematic scenes) like rev 11, 12, and 13b will?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all Kaaji1359, everyone on here is going to tell you their personal preference as far as this topic goes and everyone has different experiences with different cIOS. With that said, I use the following set-up with USB Loader GX:

Global boot set to 222 (installed as 37 merge 36)
Global 002fix set to ANTI
Everything else default.
With those settings every single game I have boots and plays perfectly (including Super Mario Galaxy) with the exception of the "Please insert disc" games.
For those games, I set their individual boot cIOS to 249. I use rev12 (don't know anything about it being "broken") because I also switch games quite a bit. I have no lag issues with those games and have not noticed any slow loading but I also don't sit by my Wii with a stopwatch to check. I'm just happy to be able to play.
One other exception is the IOS reload games. I only have that option on for HotD 2&3 since it is the only game it is currently working on.

Hopefully that helps you out in some way and hopefully I don't get flamed for simply telling you what works for me with zero issues.

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Old8oy, but I just tried the settings and DBZ Budokai 3 won't even start
frown.gif
Maybe b/c of the whole installed as 37 merge 36 thing you said (which I have no idea what that means lol). And Super Mario Galaxy still lagged quite a bit with those settings.

I then tried rev10 and surprisingly all my games would work on it (except Ghostbuster's) and with no lag!

Thanks for the help guys... I have cIOS rev13a/b in my apps folder in case I decide to play Ghostbuster's. Hopefully rev14 will fix everything!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cIOS_rev9 + USB Loader 1.1 = no lag mario video's

thats mine lol

but i make those USB Game Channel things, and still get full speed video lol

come to think of it, if you do make those channels, which version of USB Loader are you using? never thought about that before...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaaji1359 said:
Thanks Old8oy, but I just tried the settings and DBZ Budokai 3 won't even start
frown.gif
Maybe b/c of the whole installed as 37 merge 36 thing you said (which I have no idea what that means lol). And Super Mario Galaxy still lagged quite a bit with those settings.

I then tried rev10 and surprisingly all my games would work on it (except Ghostbuster's) and with no lag!

Thanks for the help guys... I have cIOS rev13a/b in my apps folder in case I decide to play Ghostbuster's. Hopefully rev14 will fix everything!

If you don't know about cIOS 222 installed as 37 merged with 36 than you are definitely using an old revision and the speed issues have been resolved since then. Download the newest revision (anything that comes packaged with uLoader 1.6 and up). Delete you current 222 with AnyTitleDeleter. Install the new revision as 222 - 37 merge 36 and you're good to go. I promise this will save you a lot of hassle (at least until cIOS 249 rev14 is released). 223 can also be installed as 38 merge 36 to enable compatibility with USB peripherals (Rockband instruments in particular). PM me if you have any questions. Again, this will save you from installing/uninstalling different cIOS to play certain games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just said database error for me