• Likes 47

Doctor Banana

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have some issues with USB Loader v3.0 r1272 mod4:

DSC05365.JPG

The Loader Crashes when i abort a Game installation from Disc or when i delete one from hdd

DSC05364.JPG

I habe one hdd with two partitions. frist Fat32 and second ntfs for the loader. the GB size is not correct :D

thx for your work on the loader

Reactions: blackb0x

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Loader Crashes when i abort a Game installation from Disc or when i delete one from hdd
Is there a specific game that you're trying to install or delete as I've currently only got some GameCube games to hand and they install and delete correctly.

I habe one hdd with two partitions. frist Fat32 and second ntfs for the loader. the GB size is not correct
I can't replicate that setup at all. If I even try then the HBC crashes when it attempts to mount the USB.

Does the official version of the loader also display the incorrect size?

Last edited by blackb0x,

Doctor Banana

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thx for your fast answer

I had "Zack & Wiki" (Wii) on the ntfs partition double time. One of them, i try to delete. Crash like the picture and restart. After the restart, the dublicate game was gone.

About abort instalation: sorry, but i cant remember which game it was, but simular crash like "game delete". I don´t tryed it another time, i have a little bit fear about my hdd :D

About the Counter i test it....mom...i test it with 3.0 1271 and it shows the free space correctly

HDD is a 512GB with 2 Partitions. First 100GB FAT32 and second for the loader 400GB NTFS. i have no idea, maybe the settings are different to mine?

PS: i found another "little" graphic bug. Loadbar "overflow" by downloading wiidtb.zip

IMG_20210131_155227.jpg

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for your fast answer

I had "Zack & Wiki" (Wii) on the ntfs partition double time. One of them, i try to delete. Crash like the picture and restart. After the restart, the dublicate game was gone.

About abort instalation: sorry, but i cant remember which game it was, but simular crash like "game delete". I don´t tryed it another time, i have a little bit fear about my hdd :D

About the Counter i test it....mom...i test it with 3.0 1271 and it shows the free space correctly

HDD is a 512GB with 2 Partitions. First 100GB FAT32 and second for the loader 400GB NTFS. i have no idea, maybe the settings are different to mine?

PS: i found another "little" graphic bug. Loadbar "overflow" by downloading wiidtb.zip

View attachment 244389

Sounds like you might be using a Flash Drive and not a Hard Drive.

That is probably one of you problems. Try it on a Hard Drive.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you might be using a Flash Drive and not a Hard Drive.
The size issue has been around for 3 years. It's just not very common since most people use FAT32 for everything.

https://sourceforge.net/p/usbloadergx/issues/2349/

I've now fixed that issue and I've also fixed the crash that occurs when deleting games. So hopefully I should have a new release out within a day or two :)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Current release:
  • Automatically patch error 23400 for CoD (Black Ops, Reflex, MW3) and Rock Band (3, The Beatles)
  • Automatically patch the Mario Kart Wii remote code execution vulnerability
  • Removed BenFi as a private server option because the server went offline
  • Added an option to set a custom private server address directly from the loader
  • Added HTTP(S) proxy support and improved how connection timeouts are handled
  • Added game header caching thanks to Oddx & geoGolem (disabled by default)
  • Changed the URL for cheats because geckocodes shutdown
  • Other general fixes
Source: https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx/commits/enhanced

Special thanks to everyone who's sent me pull requests at GitHub and patches here at GBAtemp.

Try using the GitHub version if you experience any crashes. It's compiled with a newer version of devkitPro, so it might fix the issue. You'll need an account to access the download though.

Third release:
  • Added AltWFC and BenFi as private server options
  • Added the ability to edit the cover and banner URLs
  • Added the builds Git commit ID to the boot screen
  • Fixed Japanese descriptions not being displayed correctly
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the storage details to not be shown
  • Updated the networking code to achieve faster downloads
  • Updated WiinnerTag to RiiTag
  • Updated the meta.xml information
  • Updated Portuguese and Korean translations thanks to Codemastershock & DDinghoya
  • Removed some unnecessary files
  • Removed an extra forward slash from the language path

Second release:
  • Added Nintendont BBA emulation and net profile options
  • Restored compatibility with WiiGSC and older forwarders
  • Fixed GPT partition size detection (provided by Cyan)
  • Correctly filter the games list after downloading covers so that Wii games don't go missing
  • Disconnect Wiimotes before calling WPAD_Shutdown
  • Changed "Game Cube" to "GameCube" (update your languages)
  • Enabled the 480p enhancement by default

First release:
  • Fixes cheat downloads from geckocodes.org
  • Fixes a minor memory leak
  • All downloads now use HTTPS
  • Optimised all images
  • Removed some old redundant code

Please send me a private message if you need to report a problem. Don't expect any help from Cyan as this is an unofficial enhanced build.

Hey I got a question for you if you got a sec.

If I take a fresh install of your latest GX, and before booting GX I create a GXGlobal.cfg file in the app directory with just one line
Code:
returnTo = 4944434c
corresponding to the title ID "IDCL" which is a usbloader forwarder channel that works with GX's return to option just fine if configured within the loader and not notepad

After launching GX, the default config file is generated and my custom returnTo setting is overwritten\disabled (i.e. "returnTo="). I'm not certain, but I think perhaps if a cfg file is not complete it is ignored? If this is the case, would it be a lot of work to make GX use the settings that exist in the cfg file, and use default for those that don't? As opposed to ignoring the cfg file entirely because it's incomplete?

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts, thanks!

edit: I totally meant to send this via PM, lol, oh well

edit2: just in case anyone else was interested in the solution blackb0x helped me with via PM, it was to use something like this (not sure but line 2 may also not be necessary):

Code:
# USB Loader GX R1272 - Main settings file
# Note: This file is automatically generated by ModMii to set returnTo IDCL
returnTo = 4944434c

Last edited by XFlak,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I got a question for you if you got a sec.

If I take a fresh install of your latest GX, and before booting GX I create a GXGlobal.cfg file in the app directory with just one line
Code:
returnTo = 4944434c
corresponding to the title ID "IDCL" which is a usbloader forwarder channel that works with GX's return to option just fine if configured within the loader and not notepad

After launching GX, the default config file is generated and my custom returnTo setting is overwritten\disabled (i.e. "returnTo="). I'm not certain, but I think perhaps if a cfg file is not complete it is ignored? If this is the case, would it be a lot of work to make GX use the settings that exist in the cfg file, and use default for those that don't? As opposed to ignoring the cfg file entirely because it's incomplete?

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts, thanks!

edit: I totally meant to send this via PM, lol, oh well

edit2: just in case anyone else was interested in the solution blackb0x helped me with via PM, it was to use something like this (not sure but line 2 may also not be necessary):

Code:
# USB Loader GX R1272 - Main settings file
# Note: This file is automatically generated by ModMii to set returnTo IDCL
returnTo = 4944434c
yep i was going to say you need those lines. they act as like a header for the config that usb loader gx checks for.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's very similar to the "USB-Loader Forwarder Channel v8" from this thread except it's been updated to v12: https://gbatemp.net/threads/x-flaks-top-wii-channels.205622/

It's basically a one size fits all multi-forwarder for all the popular usb loaders, and it gets installed when users run modmii (unless the option is disabled)

edit:
here's some more info on the alt version that is coming in ModMii's next update. It's basically the same as before except different order for the paths, taking CFG from the top and putting it on the bottom (reverse jenga, lol)

The USBLoader(s) forwarder channel will boot the first app it finds from this list:
*SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
*SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
*SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
*SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
*SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
*SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf
*SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
*SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
*SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
*SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf

Note: Forwarder requires IOS58. SD paths are all checked first, then USB. It's capable of launching apps from an SD Card and hard drives formatted as FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4. It also supports meta.xml arguments and is able to launch apps with direct hardware access.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: fledge68

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Time for another update :)
  • Fixed NTFS partition size detection
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when removing a game from an NTFS partition
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when networking is enabled and you're using proxy settings
  • Fixed a few issues with game header caching
  • Fixed an IOS reloading and patching issue for some devices
  • Restores compatibility with older versions of Nintendont (pre-BBA)
  • Miscellaneous corrections and improvements
Download: https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

This version was compiled on GitHub, so it uses the latest version of devkitPPC (r38) and libogc (2.1.0).

Last edited by blackb0x,

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@blackb0x hi thx for your efforts to keeping up USB Loader Updated
I having dsi error when using in channel mode view just to report
most of the time, dsi error crashes are caused by unsupported devices connected like aftermarket wii remotes and classic controllers, try to use a official one instead if possible.

I am glad that it is still being updated, but if possible, to fix how after some recent versions of USBGX, it ignores emunand or sneek settings on game discs, so my saved games and DLC are ignored if I dont use 1247, which is a particular issue in music games, which the internal memory is useless. I tried everything on a spare sd card, with fresh settings.... I have to use 1247 because it was the last time emunand worked fine for both installed games, discs and wads. It didnt support sneek, but it doesnt matter to me as much because sneek is only used on few problematic games, so I dont bother much in keeping a shortcut for booting the sneek menu in this case. The issue is that with this version I cant use recent Nintendont features or wiimmfi directly from disc as I could (if i want to play Mario Kart Wii online I have to dump my game disc into the only free usb drive that I have and patch the wbfs file, other games dont require patching and still work online with this old USBGX version, the issue is finding anyone to play against any game that isnt Mario Kart Wii)

Reactions: vbarros22

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unfamiliar with IDCL channel. What is it?
I was gonna ask too, lol! Mine has never had an issue returning to DULA for USBLoader_gx
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
**Sidenote**
@XFlak Modmii-made forwarders for "SaveGame Manager GX" SMGX and "WiiXplorer" WIIX, don't always return to the system menu, any thoughts, or ideas about why that may be?

Last edited by biggzsizzle,
Reactions: Alexander1970

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The light version of the sWiich theme for USB Loader GX has been released for free.

https://yuuiko.github.io/sWiich/
Looks awesome! But why is there a Switch controller symbol and image instead of the Wiimotes symbol/image? Wouldn't it be more accurate to have a Wiimote there instead?

I'm not the best in Photoshop but something like this would be more accurate:
1.png

Last edited by CaptainHIT,

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks awesome! But why is there a Switch controller symbol and image instead of the Wiimotes symbol/image? Wouldn't it be more accurate to have a Wiimote there instead?

I'm not the best in Photoshop but something like this would be more accurate:
View attachment 246431

I whole heartedly agree with you! Looks kinda tacky IMO, but that is how the developer wanted it. Maybe itll be revised in an update. The good news is the theme is all individual PNG files so it is very easy to customize it to your liking. Just open up the 4 PNGs from the theme and replace the images! You can probably find pre-made versions of the files similar to your proposal in other themes and copy them over to the sWiich theme folder

switch remote icon: menu_button_over.png & menu_button.png

switch remote in home menu: wiimote_o.png & wiimote.png

Reactions: CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I whole heartedly agree with you! Looks kinda tacky IMO, but that is how the developer wanted it. Maybe itll be revised in an update.

I agree with that, but showing a Wii owner a joypad on screen which he/she can't even use on the Wii is kinda misleading.

The good news is the theme is all individual PNG files so it is very easy to customize it to your liking. Just open up the 4 PNGs from the theme and replace the images! You can probably find pre-made versions of the files similar to your proposal in other themes and copy them over to the sWiich theme folder

switch remote icon: menu_button_over.png & menu_button.png

switch remote in home menu: wiimote_o.png & wiimote.png
Yeah, that would be possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol +1