USB Loader GX

By cyrex, Apr 19, 2009 6,068,947 27,107 40

1. Gabberhead

Gabberhead Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    strange. because before that version all worked without problem. i have 2 hdds connected to the wii u simultaneous. both are wd my book usb 3.0 with 2tb. one for the wii u games and one for gamecube, wii and wiiware games hidden with ustealth. i will try later or tommorow to disconnect the wii u hdd and try it only with the gc and wii games hdd.

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello,

with your version, I could only try this:

wiiu system menu -> vwii system menu -> via the chain launcher to usbloader = works:yayu:
    wiiu system menu -> vwii system menu -> homebrew launcher -> usbloader = works:yayu:

alexander1970 and blackb0x like this.
  3. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It seems like his config is sensitive to the IOS change, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's got something to do with IOS patching :unsure:

I wish I had a WiiU to test from since I'm sure there's some WiiU specific issues, but I don't have the money to buy one right now.

@geoGolem Could you please test this on your WiiU too?

@Gabberhead Do you have the loader configured to use cIOS 249? That's what the latest version is configured to use by default, although it briefly uses IOS58 until your config is loaded.

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  4. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have a Wii U and I tested launching this latest release the same way you did (I believe) and here are my results:

wiiu system menu -> over a channel launcher directly to usbloader (I'm not sure what you are using but I am using this [https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/]) = works for me

wiiu system menu -> vwii system menu -> over channel launcher to usbloader (I'm assuming you mean the USB Loader GX Forwarder) = works for me

wiiu system menu -> vwii system menu -> homebrew launcher (did you mean Homebrew Channel?) -> usbloader = works for me

wiiu autoboot menu (I'm assuming you meant Quick Menu) -> vwii homebrew launcher (I don't have that in my Quick Menu) -> usbloader = unable to test.

So everything works for me the way I intend to launch it. Wasn't able to test the last way because I don't have a vwii homebrew launcher in my Quick Menu (I honestly never use my Quick Menu and had to turn it on in settings to test it so maybe I needed to do something more). The only thing that I find interesting about your tests is that you say that using the forwarder from the vWii system menu, USB Loader GX works fine for you. But if you launch it via the HomeBrew Channel that it freezes. The forward should be launching the same thing you are trying to launch from the homebrew channel. Unless you have another instance of USB Loader GX somewhere the forwarder checks and it's outdated or something. That's all I got.

@blackb0x If there is anything else you need me to test on my Wii U just let me know. Please just tell me exactly what you need me to do so I know I am testing it the way you intended.

jeannotte, alexander1970 and blackb0x like this.
  5. Gabberhead

Gabberhead Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Loader and game ios is set to 249 in the config.

6. Gabberhead

Gabberhead Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    i unplugged the wii u hdd, and tried to start usbloadergx via hombrew channel. and now it worked. i tried it twice. both time it worked. then i plugged back the wii u hdd and it did not work. right after i start usbloader the screen get black and the wii ufreezes. then i tried again with unplugged wii u hdd and it is working again. i thnk there is an issue with connected wii u hdd. i will try the debug versions which blackbox send me over pm.

7. alexander1970

alexander1970 Try to Live in here and now.

Austria
    Hello.:)

The "Power supply / Voltage" for the Wii U is unfortunately not the same like the Wii (Lower USB Port 0,Power Supply - ready.)
    For the vWii/USB Loading - Very many HDD´s working on all USB Ports on the Wii U but some only on the Backports.
    Some needs only one USB Port but many two Ports and an additional Power Supply or the Y-Cable.
    It is depending on the HDD itself and of of Case/Controller.

You can maybe try @fledge68 ´s WiiFLow Mod to test your HDD,to see,if it is an USBLoader GX "Recognition" Issue.

Good luck.
    Thank you.:)

jeannotte and RunningSnakes like this.
  8. Gabberhead

Gabberhead Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    the hdds are selfpowered both. and they worked together plugged in wth all usbloadergx versions without problem. only the mod 4 version makes problems. the hdds are not the problem.

jeannotte likes this.
  9. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Having 2 separate HDD FAT32 plugged in (4TB), is an awful lot of information for a current PC to receive, let alone a WiiU. Most selfpowered HDD are not recognized by WiiU, and that goes for WD HDD in my experience. I have no expertise on this, but would state, this is not a problem with GX, rather a problem with the WiiU hardware.

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  10. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I didn't have 2 drives plugged in for my tests but I do have a spare HDD around that I could format and use to test. I want to make sure that my setup is as close to yours when I do these tests.

11. TaZerD

TaZerD Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    Hi all! Got a pair of wii's (neved owned a wii before), and had a lot of learning to do. Anyway, I'm looking for the @blackb0x tab-mod version, but I cant find it? I know of blackb0x's post-8856063 (New user, can't use urls).
    Downloaded linked files, and even cloned the enhanced branch and compiled it, but thats not the tab-mod versions.

12. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    @TaZerD I'll send you a private message with a build you can try.

I don't want to share it publicly yet since I may release an update to address the boot issue Gabberhead's experiencing. Plus I still need to fix category caching.

Last edited by blackb0x, Jan 9, 2021
  13. Ryannxd

Ryannxd Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I've installed 3 games ( Super Mario Galaxy 2, Big Brain Academy and Monopoly Streets ) they are in .wbfs and my usb drive is on FAT32. My games show up in Usb Loader GX, however when I click on the game, it says settings and start at the bottom with a black screen above. I click start and instead of the game loading, it takes me back to the wii menu.

14. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

United States
  15. ca032769

ca032769 INFOCOM Collector

United States
    What kind of USB are you using??

If it is a Flash Drive, that is probably your issue. Just say NO to using flash drives unless you like headaches.

If it is a hard drive, does it have a separate power supply adapter that plugs into the wall for power? If the hard drive does not have a separate power supply adapter that plugs into the wall are you using a Y-cable to make sure the drive is getting enough power?

Last edited by ca032769, Jan 11, 2021
  16. Ryannxd

Ryannxd Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Sadly, it's a flash drive but im pretty sure i've found a solution for this bug. Thanks for your time!

17. DarthMotzkus

DarthMotzkus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Wich is the best latest revision to use on vWii+pen drive on usb?
    And is any way possible use the front usbs on Usb Loader gx vWii?
    At last, do i need to prepare partitions and stuff for pen drives or that step is only to External HDDs?
    I've an usb 32gb sandisk on my wii working normally already with games and like to use on vWii without need to reformat the pen drive.

Last edited by DarthMotzkus, Jan 12, 2021
  18. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You can use your pendrive just like you do on your Wii U. There is no change for the filesystem.

DarthMotzkus and jeannotte like this.
  19. DarthMotzkus

DarthMotzkus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    How can i use front usb to load games in a pen drive on usb loader GX vWii?

20. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    connect a USB support on vwii mode, it is preferable to connect it to the back of the console.

and for the wii U and inject wii games on the wii U ==> menu on the front of the console.

Me == <my external hard drive format as Wii U and plug into the front of the console (everything works fine).:yayu:
    To be confirmed or tested with other members:D

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loader,