• Likes 48

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this helps:

20171124_075748_2.jpg

It is definitely crashing in the gettext.c module after it's called by the Ocarina settings. It has to be a bad language or theme file so renaming the theme and language folders to prevent them from loading should make the crash stop. I'm not sure what would have made this suddenly crop up because there is only one line in gettext.c that was changed. The recompile I posted reset that line back to the previous version and it's still crashing.

Are you using a custom theme by any chance?

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not using any custom theme. I've changed the path for language and theme folders. I've changed the language to english and unfortunately crashes still occur randomly when accessing the Game Load submenu.

I guess I'll stick to the 1263 release. I have no problems with that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no "final" word.
currently, it's not compatible.
last time I added HID support, a user lost his hdd partition due to memory bug. I removed that option for the moment until further tests can be done.

Also, you should know it would only work while inside the loader. no Wii game will ever use the HID controllers nor the gamecube adapter. not possible, will never be.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose you don't have WiiU classic controller? It works on both wii and wiiu. it works in the loader, and in nintendont.
that's the only compromise I can suggest for the moment :P

Last edited by Cyan,

mnml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is loading Wii games from an SD card still not possible using USB Loader GX (or any forks/mods)? I have a 128 GB SD card, and would like to get rid of the USB drive entirely.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is loading Wii games from an SD card still not possible using USB Loader GX (or any forks/mods)? I have a 128 GB SD card, and would like to get rid of the USB drive entirely.

No, sorry. In fact, I dropped support for Gamecube games on SD in Streamline.

mnml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, sorry. In fact, I dropped support for Gamecube games on SD in Streamline.
Damn, that's a shame... Though I guess it doesn't really matter in my case anymore. I messed around a bit in CFG USB Loader, and discovered that Project M doesn't work with SDXC cards anyway. If I want PM, I'm forced into using an SDHC card (too small to hold more than a few games), which means I'm also forced into using the USB drive. Ugh...

Sorry for my rambling. Thank you for your help, and for still developing/supporting a homebrew application for a decade-old console.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an issue I noticed recently that has hit both this and nintendont is that it takes a whole minuet or 2 before it actually finishes loading, by this I mean in usbloader gx, it gets to the white menu and only the very back layer of the ui and the cursor are visible for a couple of minuets and then it finally loads everything else and in nintendont it just says loading pleas wait for about the same time after selecting usb
I'm not sure if these issues corelate with each other but this kinda sucks, hopefully someone can help me out, do keep in mind that it won't be till 6 hours from this post that I'll be able to get back to my wii

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USB Loader GX is slow to list the games if you have a lot (more than 1000) to display at the same time.
it's usually slow if you enable EmuNAND, it has to scan all your emuNAND folders to generate the game list.
One solution is to disable the game type you don't except to play soon (if you are in a mood to play gamecube, disable Wii and emuNAND display).

If you don't have that much games (100-300) then, maybe the issue is your HDD itself.
You also mentioned nintendont is slow to load the game list, which is listing only gamecube games, so I think something is wrong with your HDD.
Either your HDD is slow
Either your FAT32 file table is having synchronization issue (USBLoaderGX has an option to fix that, called "sync FAT32"), but it was an issue only in case you used a very old homebrew to write a file on that drive, using a very old FAT library.
either your FAT32 partition is very big (4TB single partition?), and parsing the partition's file allocation table (the FAT actually) is taking a long time. It's also an issue on windows and the drive can take a moment before being available as a drive letter.

Last edited by Cyan,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX is slow to list the games if you have a lot (more than 1000) to display at the same time.
it's usually slow if you enable EmuNAND, it has to scan all your emuNAND folders to generate the game list.
One solution is to disable the game type you don't except to play soon (if you are in a mood to play gamecube, disable Wii and emuNAND display).

If you don't have that much games (100-300) then, maybe the issue is your HDD itself.
You also mentioned nintendont is slow to load the game list, which is listing only gamecube games, so I think something is wrong with your HDD.
Either your HDD is slow
Either your FAT32 file table is having synchronization issue (USBLoaderGX has an option to fix that, called "sync FAT32"), but it was an issue only in case you used a very old homebrew to write a file on that drive, using a very old FAT library.
either your FAT32 partition is very big (4TB single partition?), and parsing the partition's file allocation table (the FAT actually) is taking a long time. It's also an issue on windows and the drive can take a moment before being available as a drive letter.
it's only about 50 games which I do keep wii/gc games only enabled to be displayed
the odd thing is that it only recently showed up when I added the 1000 year door, I think I might try removing that as it might be the cause since it showed up just after I added kirby air ride and 1000 year door, and I already tried removing kirby and it changed nothing

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
50 games is not a lot, then it's definitely not the problem.
Thousand door can't be the problem either. it's only a simple iso, or even a file put on the drive.

So, either the drive is dying, either the partition has issues.
You don't have any problem mounting and reading its content on your computer?

if the partition is not too big, you can try to backup/format/restore.

abdezca

Trophies
Between the south of Texas and north of Tamaulipas
XP
Country
Mexico

Hey Cyan,

I know you mentioned to me last year that it was not in you priorities, but any plans to work the Menu Layout of USB Loader? I guess like wiiflow, but to take it one step further.

Like for example classify emunand channels by their systems, like NES, SNES, N64 and so on... like the Wii Shop Channel.

I know there is the TAB mod, but that is one more like Wiiflow than USBloader, so any toughts?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,

it has been asked few times, but I don't know how to do it.
The filtering is not always easy to code, and greywolf made a change in his own loader's version which could benefit USBGX too. he added a database library (Like SQL), and sending commands is making it easier to sort the game lists with different user's choices.
I don't know if I'll add that method, I still haven't done the small things I want to do and fix.

Reactions: abdezca

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
side question, is it possible to mass add games to a catagorie quickly rather than going into each game, selecting game settings, then catagorie, and clicking the catagorie, I'm just wondering as I want to set up a catagorie for just gh/rb games, which btw, nice easter egg with the hand icon changing for those games XD

Nuckels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Damn, that's a shame... Though I guess it doesn't really matter in my case anymore. I messed around a bit in CFG USB Loader, and discovered that Project M doesn't work with SDXC cards anyway. If I want PM, I'm forced into using an SDHC card (too small to hold more than a few games), which means I'm also forced into using the USB drive. Ugh...

Sorry for my rambling. Thank you for your help, and for still developing/supporting a homebrew application for a decade-old console.

Not really, you can just build a PM iso with brawlbuilder or w/e its called. Still need a loader that can load from sd tho. I was really hoping they would add it to usbloader gx.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I've got a question regarding what's required for USB Loader GX to run properly. I soft modded my wii a very long time ago and was using CFG Usb loader. I recently got enough money to buy a much larger drive, intent on putting my wii collection, gamecube collection, as well as roms and other stuff all on the same hard drive. I could only format it using GPT, and CFG USB Loader won't read it. So after perusing the forums and asking about in threads I found out that USB Loader GX can read GPT. So I copied it to my SD card and tried to run it with the homebrew channel. Every time it crashes. I realize my cios files may be out of date, or I may be missing something that was released towards the end of the wii's cios lifecycle...

Any tips on how to get it working? Here's my current softmod setup cios's and info from syscheck with my console ID removed:

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 3.1U (v257)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS61
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v3
Found 199 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS232 (rev 7): Trucha Bug
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
BC v2
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2017/11/28.

Edit--
I've managed to get it to run without crashing by unplugging the hard drive, and I can configure it to what I want, but when I plug in the hard drive and initialize it by selecting the multiple partitions feature and initializing the NTFS partition with the games it hangs. I'm letting it sit to see if it eventually recovers, but in the event it doesn't, what should I do?

Last edited by schooluser,

mnml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, you can just build a PM iso with brawlbuilder or w/e its called. Still need a loader that can load from sd tho. I was really hoping they would add it to usbloader gx.
Last I checked, some things don't work properly in PM ISOs (most notably, alternate stage loading). It also complicates making occasional edits to the build... Not convenient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle