• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's best here (I don't look at sourceforge very often).
I'm here everyday.

someone (maybe you?) reported this issue one or two page back.
It's only when gamecube games are displayed? it's only when "custom banner" are selected?
I'll look into it.

I'll look at it in a second. :/

Can you be more specific about what's not working?

Open the homebrew browser.
select a homebrew, and it usually display the meta.xml in the white area.
with your patch, there's nothing loaded here. Maybe due to "my SD card" which has maybe an issue? but it used to work with tiny1, if tiny2 just stop instead of continuing on first error, that's not the best action.
Maybe some other places are not properly reading the xml? (I haven't tried any other menus or download, like wiitdb parsing, etc.)

WuaZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It wasn't me who already reported this issue. I did more tests with an USB drive with VC games, NGC games and Wii games:
1) Displaying Wii and VC -> no issue
2) Displaying Wii and NGC -> has mentioned above, only NGC games are displayed after scraping
3) Displaying VC and NGC -> only NGC games are displayed after scraping
4) Displaying Wii, VC and NGC -> only NGC games are displayed after scraping

This bugs occurs in all display modes (custom banner, cover, list, etc). In list mode, I noticed the bug occurred even before I agreed to look for missing files. More precisely, I press 1, select the 5 media types, validate, and then the Wii and VC games disappear of the list and the pop-up mentioning the number of missing media and asking if I want to download them shows up.

Edit: if you need me to do more tests or to test a fixed version, don't hesitate

Last edited by WuaZ,
Reactions: Cyan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
1) in the loader : yes, but last time I did it had memory issues and users lost their HDD partition ! I removed HID support until I know better about memory.
in the games : no.

2) no. the game is not developed to read USB HID controllers. it would require recompiling the game from the sources, which only the developers and nintendo have.
In theory, we can write a cheat code or a patch to "emulate" the HiD controller to be recognized as a cotroller pro.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I can see to add an "auto" value. (allowing possible value to 0, 40-120)
And that could also help with some issues some users (myself included) were reporting some time ago, about some games having skewed aspect ratios... MAYBE.

By the way, should I update to r1262 or not? It seems to have some issues? Could someone clarify this? I was one of those that got their HDD nuked to hell back in the day with the memory issues.
Thanks.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
if you don't use GPT or EBR with nintendont, you don't need to update to 1262.

I should note all the requests, I forgot about that "auto", damn.
@Cyan I hope you figure out what's causing the memory issues and fix it, I know that feeling when you lose motivation over such an issue.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you :)

I'll try to look at that issue, but there's nothing to point me in the right direction. It could be anything.
There's no crash/DSI/ISI/code dump I could use to trace it back.

heavily modifying the way memory is managed could maybe help, adding an ID or name to each created memory block, and having a real time memory map.
I'm not sure I could do it right without crashing it even more.

the issue is also that I don't have tons of games, and rarely reach the memory limit (with all the loaded games, covers etc.), so I don't notice freeze/lock issues. I also don't retest ALL menus and options on each release. usually only the menu I'm working on.
But that's why the internal update menu is not getting latest revision automatically, the svn revision are like betas, if all is stable I push it into the updte menu.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
if you don't use GPT or EBR with nintendont, you don't need to update to 1262.

I should note all the requests, I forgot about that "auto", damn.
Ok. Cool then.
Better safe than sorry...
While I have your attention @Cyan , I remember there were some games that needed different cIOS to launch (mainly call of duty, I think?) would you by any chance happen to remember which games were those and which cIOS were needed for each?
I lost my old SD card and I'm starting from scratch. That's why I'm downloading the apps and re-configuring them.... :rolleyes: c'est la vie.
Thanks. And it's always good to see you around B-)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
usually, base57 works best for all games.
base56 is recommended only because it was "historically" the recommended one 5 years ago, due to slightly higher USB speed access. but speed or compatibility? you choose.

some games might require base58 (music games) but it's rarely used or installed.

If you install d2x v10, be sure to install r52 and not r53, some games don't work with r53. Guides think latest == better, but they are wrong.
if you are on Wii, and your HDD is recognized with v8, don't install v10.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
usually, base57 works best for all games.
base56 is recommended only because it was "historically" the recommended one 5 years ago, due to slightly higher USB speed access. but speed or compatibility? you choose.

some games might require base58 (music games) but it's rarely used or installed.

If you install d2x v10, be sure to install r52 and not r53, some games don't work with r53. Guides think latest == better, but they are wrong.
if you are on Wii, and your HDD is recognized with v8, don't install v10.
No. Wii U here. And yes, I have the d2x v10 r52 (the one with highest compatibility with emunand) As a matter of fact, I have the one that a used modified for emunand on ustealth? Remember that?
Anyway, I have 56, 57 and 58 installed. My question was which games required specific cIOS to run? I think call of duty or black ops needed base 58? Or something like that? That's what I'm trying to remember since the game won't launch with the default.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
call of duty requires IOS 57.
I don't remember which other game require 57. sorry.

Most game should work with 56.
music games might require 58.

that's all I remember.
setting slot250 by default (base57 for all games) will have less issues and you won't need to set a base individually, except for music games.

Just dance 2014 2015 require r52, so you are fine.
Just dance 2016 doesn't work (unknown why).

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
call of duty requires IOS 57.
I don't remember which other game require 57. sorry.

Most game should work with 56.
music games might require 58.

that's all I remember.
setting slot250 by default (base57 for all games) will have less issues and you won't need to set a base individually, except for music games.

Just dance 2014 2015 require r52, so you are fine.
Just dance 2016 doesn't work (unknown why).
Ok then, so you recommend just setting everything to base57 and forget about it. Right?
Guess it's easier....
Thanks as always my friend.:D

PS: I'm pretty sure I know the answer but, by any chance have you looked into the issue with the WD drives (you know, the need to initialize it with 58 instead of 249?) since you bought the drive a long time ago... you might as well :lol:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahah, you know the answer!
I'm in holiday this week, but guess what? yeah, spending my time on the forum and moderating that new WiiU game install method threads popping everywhere :P
It's finally calming down. It was 6 horrible days. everyone has their games installed by now and know what to do.

I also have to look at that plugin patch, sorry I still haven't release anything.
I might as well release it as is, and try to add missing things later (there's no "game window" for plugins, it's like using "fast boot" option without any confirmation dialog, game settings, etc.)

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
ahah, you know the answer!
I'm in holiday this week, but guess what? yeah, spending my time on the forum and moderating that new WiiU game install method threads popping everywhere :P
It's finally calming down. It was 6 horrible days. everyone has their games installed by now and know what to do.

I also have to look at that plugin patch, sorry I still haven't release anything.
I might as well release it as is, and try to add missing things later (there's no "game window" for plugins, it's like using "fast boot" option without any confirmation dialog, game settings, etc.)
Got it ;)

By the way, which Wii U installation method? :blink:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ohh, you missed that ?

get the game from Nintendo servers, use WUP installer to install it to your console using the disc's title.tik extracted from WUD or NAND. (cfw can now be launched on wiiu to access internal files).
that's not even a hack, it's just "exploiting" a bad design from Nintendo.
the game is officially (legit) installed on your console or WiiU USB drive using the legit disc ticket (not tied to any console). you can access online and DLC like if it was your disc.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
ohh, you missed that ?

get the game from Nintendo servers, use WUP installer to install it to your console using the disc's title.tik extracted from WUD or NAND. (cfw can now be launched on wiiu to access internal files).
that's not even a hack, it's just "exploiting" a bad design from Nintendo.
:wtf:
Could you point me in the direction of that info, please? :D

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/

or the cfw maybe? (still heavily in development, not for end users but only devs)
Thank you:grog:

Looks like at the end of its life the Wii U is finally getting fully open.
TBH, I'll keep buying original games for it (since the console had such a short lifespan, and not many games... I might as well) But the opportunities for homebrew are what intrigue me.
Specially ports of emulators...
Thanks again cyan!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1