Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which base is your IOS in slot 222?
did you try with the slot 250 ? (usually contains base57 instead of base56)

I don't remember if users managed to play RockBand3 with d2x cIOS or if only hermes is working.
If you use EmuNAND, try using the "emuNAND save" to full mode.
I'm sorry I don't have this game and never tried it. I didn't even know you could store DLC on SD. I learn something new everyday :D

SkwerlyMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't remember if users managed to play RockBand3 with d2x cIOS or if only hermes is working.
I'm sorry I don't have this game and never tried it. I didn't even know you could store DLC on SD. I learn something new everyday :D
No worries. I'll have to check what base when I get off work. It's been an ongoing project of mine. I read in a forum somewhere that it's not possible to do, but this was a very old post.

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, Im using Neek Emuland on USB Loader GX. and Id like to know how to exit and return back to the system wii menu. and not that emulated NAND.
in loader settings is already set as "return to NK2O" (even tho when is set as "off" still is returned to emulated Nand. :(

Sorry for my bad english!

SkwerlyMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slot 222 is base 37.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, Im using Neek Emuland on USB Loader GX. and Id like to know how to exit and return back to the system wii menu. and not that emulated NAND.
in loader settings is already set as "return to NK2O" (even tho when is set as "off" still is returned to emulated Nand. :(

Sorry for my bad english!

Did you install the NEEK2O channel WAD to your NEEK setup? It has to be on there so the NEEK kernel can return to it after the game exits, thereby rebooting the console.

You don't need it on your real NAND unless you want to boot to NEEK outside of the loader.

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you install the NEEK2O channel WAD to your NEEK setup? It has to be on there so the NEEK kernel can return to it after the game exits, thereby rebooting the console.

You don't need it on your real NAND unless you want to boot to NEEK outside of the loader.

Yes, I made this nand using Modmii and already have a NEEK2O channel installed on it. so whats wrong?? '-' (also. in fact I need NEEK2O on real nand. because USB Loader needs that "Return to" in features.

Last edited by BobzGamer,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Slot 222 is base 37.
did you try to install d2x with a base37?
I don't know what hermes IOS is doing to enable the accessories, but usually d2x only need to plug them before launching the game or powering the console.
if you currently have v8 or v10 r52, you can try d2x r53, which has plug-n-play support for accessories.

(even tho when is set as "off" still is returned to emulated Nand
If you set "return to" option to OFF, of course it will NOT "return to" the NK2O channel installed on your Neek2o emuNAND, so of course it will NOT exit back to real NAND but only go back to your emulated system menu.
You need to set it to "ON" if you want to return to real NAND when exiting a game.

also. in fact I need NEEK2O on real nand. because USB Loader needs that "Return to" in features.
hmm, I don't understand what you mean, or you don't understand what you have to do.

You don't need the "neek2o" on real NAND, and USBLoader doesn't need it for the "return to" feature.

Maybe you should read my guide here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-...properly-utilize-emunand.437521/#post-6592730
it will explain what neek2o is, and what is really needed to exit to real nand, and how the "return to" option works.

SkwerlyMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what hermes IOS is doing to enable the accessories, but usually d2x only need to plug them before launching the game or powering the console.
if you currently have v8 or v10 r52, you can try d2x r53, which has plug-n-play support for accessories.

Just tried d2x with a 37 base. It just gave me a black screen. Also tried with both bases 56 and 57 using d2x. Also black screen. It seems that hermes is the only one that runs it. I got it running in emunand, but I'm unable to connect to the store to redownload my dlc. Is there a way to move dlc from the sd card to the usb drive? I'm not too familiar with the folder structure in emunand, so I can't figure out where to to move the files to.

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If you set it to OFF, of course it will NOT return to nk2o channel installed on your Neek2o emuNAND, so of course it will NOT exit back to real NAND but only go back to your emulated system menu.
You need to set it to "ON" if you want to return to real NAND when exiting a game.

hmm, I don't understand what you mean, or you don't understand what you have to do.

You don't need the "neek2o" on real NAND, and USBLoader doesn't need it for the "return to" feature.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-...properly-utilize-emunand.437521/#post-6592730
it will explain what neek2o is, and what is really needed to exit to real nand, and how the "return to" option works.

If you set "return to" option to OFF, of course it will NOT "return to" the NK2O channel installed on your Neek2o emuNAND, so of course it will NOT exit back to real NAND but only go back to your emulated system menu.

I dont know what I did wrong, but when "Return to" its OFF then when I exit any WW or VCs go to Emulated Nand. theres no option to put "on" so I put to go back to USB Loader and still when exits go to emulated nand, so thats why I need a Neek2o channel on my real nand so theres an option to "return to" called neek2o. and still go directly to emulated nand.

Thx, I'll read your guide.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, you are not looking at the right place.
The "return to" option located in the loader setting is used ONLY when you exit a game from RealNAND (when playing a wii game or a channel launched using cIOS emuNAND Mode).

When you use neek mode, there's no way to choose which channel to "return to". it's ONLY the "nk2o" channel wich is loaded from emuNAND in order to exit back to real NAND.
The option to enable it, is located at a different place in the loader settings.

USBLoaderGX is looking at your emuNAND to check the installed channels.
if it finds a channel with TitleID "NK2O", then it will use that channel as "return to" choice.
the option is always enabled by default if you have any other realNAND channel set in the loader settings.

if you don't want the "return to" option for neek mode, you need to go inside the game's setting (not inside the loader's settings).
the "return to" option will have a "ON/OFF" option.

If it doesn't work, it means the channel you have on your emuNAND doesn't have the correct titleID.

Just tried d2x with a 37 base. It just gave me a black screen. Also tried with both bases 56 and 57 using d2x. Also black screen. It seems that hermes is the only one that runs it. I got it running in emunand, but I'm unable to connect to the store to redownload my dlc. Is there a way to move dlc from the sd card to the usb drive? I'm not too familiar with the folder structure in emunand, so I can't figure out where to to move the files to.

First, you'll have to move the DLC to your internal wii memory (I hope you have enough space).
then make a NAND dump. you don't need to do anything as the new nand dump will already have the dlc in the correct folders.
if you really don't have enough space, joostinOnline created a homebrew to extract and pack to wad any channel installed to SD card menu. that's maybe easier.
(I forgot his homebrew name)

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, you are not looking at the right place.
The "return to" option located in the loader setting is used ONLY when you exit a game from RealNAND (when playing a wii game or a channel launched using cIOS emuNAND Mode).

When you use neek mode, there's no way to choose which channel to "return to". it's ONLY the "nk2o" channel wich is loaded from emuNAND in order to exit back to real NAND.
The option to enable it, is located at a different place in the loader settings.

USBLoaderGX is looking at your emuNAND to check the installed channels.
if it finds a channel with TitleID "NK2O", then it will use that channel as "return to" choice.
the option is always enabled by default if you have any other realNAND channel set in the loader settings.

if you don't want the "return to" option for neek mode, you need to go inside the game's setting (not inside the loader's settings).
the "return to" option will have a "ON/OFF" option.

If it doesn't work, it means the channel you have on your emuNAND doesn't have the correct titleID.

Hmm I understand. so if I cant set any channels to "return to" how can I do to return back to real nand instead of emulated nand?
and yes, inside the game settings theres an option "on" and "off" but anyway if its on or off, both when exits go back directly to emulated nand.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if set to ON it should correctly reload that channel when exit the played channel.
You are using neek2o r96 on Wii? you are auto-booting the channel ? (if you launch neek without autoboot, no return to will be set)
maybe it's a problem of neek2o, not the loader.

edit:
the loader is looking for this file on your emuNAND :
/title/00010001/4e4b324f/content/title.tmd
if it's not present, returnTo is disabled.
maybe your folder is in uppercase? (not sure if it matters)

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if set to ON it should correctly reload that channel when exit the played channel.
You are using neek2o r96 on Wii? you are auto-booting the channel ? (if you launch neek without autoboot, no return to will be set)
maybe it's a problem of neek2o, not the loader.

edit:
the loader is looking for this file on your emuNAND :
/title/00010001/4e4b324f/content/title.tmd
if it's not present, returnTo is disabled.
maybe your folder is in uppercase? (not sure if it matters)

Nope, I have that file. so theres no way to return to real nand? because some times when I exit a ww/vc game the neek exits and went back to real nand. that is what I wanna do. but normally go to emulated nand or when comes a black screen. '-'

what I did it:

"Return to" is set USB Loader
Emunand is set full
in the game options Emulation is set to neek and return its "on"

Last edited by BobzGamer,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND and NEEK aren't the same thing. If you're using EmuNAND:Full instead of NEEK and it's not returning to the loader then it's not finding USB Loader GX's forwarder on your real NAND.

"Full" uses the redirection built into cIOS.
"NEEK" restarts the console with complete hardware emulation.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so here is your issue :
you use EmuNAND full (instead of neek) so you play the game on your real NAND with "some" file redirected to EmuNAND.
you exit the game, and USBLoader was set to return to "neek2o" channel installed on real nand, which is in fact just "Nswitch" homebrew.

Nswitch goes to Neek if you are on real NAND, and exit neek if you are on neek (real<->emu).

seeing you were on Real NAND (using mode "full" is still on RealNAND) and set USBLoaderGX to load nswitch at game exit, then nswitch launches you into neek emuNAND.
you did this to yourself by selected "neek2o" in the "return to" option instead of selecting "USBLoaderGX".

set these settings :
Return to : USBloaderGX channel forwarder installed on realNAND.

then either:
EmuNAND Channel : Neek + NK2o installed on your emuNAND
OR
EmuNAND channel : Full

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes I let "full" but in games settings are Neek.

Ok so, here what I am trying to do...

1st I did "Dump Nand to emunand" on loader features. All my WW/VCs its there. and it works fine, except some games. (I know that some games won't work). also when playing any games on this emunand make the lights of the wii "blinking" randomly while playing. (sorry guys idk the right word, and yes that led when for ex wiiflow starts).

So... I didn't found anything about that. then found in somewhere that neek is way better, and can also play games that emunand cannot, as paper mario and castlevania rebirth. so, I did a "Sneek UD" using modmii, just to use the neek function on game settings, and works fine. So yea, the emunand its just to install games, but runnin them through neek function on usb loader. lol

just because idk why but when games are installed on this sneek nand when I press "Home" button shows up some error.

so, guys I know its confusin tho. but it was the only way I have to stop the light blinking and to "fix" some games to work, even though I can't return to real nand or when return go straight to emulated nand or just a black screen. :(

So.. tell me guys how to play WW/VCs games through USB Loader and returning to real nand as well?

Hope u guys can understand me!? :/
and thanks alot!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The light blinks when the cIOS is redirecting saves. I'm not sure if you can turn it off.

We told you what to do:
Install the NEEK2O channel to your EmuNAND.
Set the loader settings to EmuNAND channel emulation: full and ReturnTo: USB Loader GX.
For the few games that don't work with it (Rebirth, N64, etc.) set the settings for just those games to EmuNAND: NEEK and the ReturnTo: NK2O.

By default that will make the games return to USB Loader GX when you exit them. The ones with the second configuration will boot to NEEK and when you exit them they will run the NEEK2O channel on your SD/HDD and cause it to reboot your console into real NAND again. Those games will not be able to return directly to the loader.

If your games that are just running in "full" EmuNAND mode aren't returning to the loader then the return stub isn't finding USB Loader GX's forwarder in your real NAND.

SkwerlyMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, you'll have to move the DLC to your internal wii memory (I hope you have enough space).
then make a NAND dump. you don't need to do anything as the new nand dump will already have the dlc in the correct folders.
if you really don't have enough space, joostinOnline created a homebrew to extract and pack to wad any channel installed to SD card menu. that's maybe easier.
(I forgot his homebrew name)

I don't have enough internal memory. It will only hold about 4 songs. I have over 200 on the SD card. Do you mean he has a homebrew app that will convert dlc on a SD card into a wad that I can install on emunand?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the light blinking when EmuNAND is accessed is an option you chose (by default, it's disabled!).
so, just disable it again instead of setting it to Enable.

about your issue "not returning to real NAND", verify your NK2O channel is correctly installed on your EmuNAND. reinstall it if needed using USBLoaderGX's internal Wad Manager or using ShowMiiWads. Try a different wad (maybe the one you have is bad).
look in my tutorial I linked you, there are links to NK2O working channels.

and the ReturnTo: NK2O.
There's no "return to NK2O" option. it's only ON or OFF.
if set to ON, the loader is looking if "NK2O" channel is installed or disable the setting at launch. it also work only when autobooting a game (not when launching neek system menu from the features option).

I don't have enough internal memory. It will only hold about 4 songs. I have over 200 on the SD card. Do you mean he has a homebrew app that will convert dlc on a SD card into a wad that I can install on emunand?
Are the songs listed individually in the SD menu ? like they are individual channels which can be moved to the internal memory ?
or are they a single data of 200 songs that you can only move to internal in a single action ? (and songs managed from the game)
OR are the game the only way to move songs to internal and SD menu can't be used to move DLC to internal menu?

just try joostinOnline tools and see if it detects your DLC and can pack it to wad. then install the wad to your emuNAND.

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok guys so, Ive installed neek2o on emunand.

EmuNAND channel emulation: full
ReturnTo: USB Loader GX

In games settings:

Nand emulation: Neek
Return to: "ON" (theres no option to return to "neek2o" when using the Nand emulation set as "Neek")

and... yes its working perfectly. now when exiting a game return back to real nand. Thank u guys! :)

but now... how can I disable that light to stop to blinking when using the EmuNAND? because the Wiilight option on feature settings is set "OFF" already and even though when I play any games on emunand that light keep blinking in short periods of time, BUT only when Emunand channel emulation is set as "FULL" when is set "Neek" the light dont blinks. (I re-installed the USB Loader and keep blinking, or is missing some cIOS/iOS for me?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...