• Likes 48

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have a USB Loader GX question. I have turned on our Wii after being dormant for many years. Everything is still working except for the new Wii U Motion Plus remotes in the USB Loader GX screen. They work on the Wii Home Screen and they work (if previously turned on and synced) during the Wii games. But I have to use the old, original Wii white remote to control the USB Loader screen.
Today, I updated the boot.dol to v3.0 r1260. That did not solve it. Maybe I need to delete the old configuration file so that the new version creates its own file? I just read that somewhere. All I did was overwrite the old files (dol/png/xml) and copy and paste the new ones on the SD card.
Do I need to update some cIOS files?
Honestly I never understood what the heck those were and I just followed instructions from people at the time of what exactly to do and in what sequence. So I have no idea what 'versions' I'm on. But it looks like there is a system check tool that I could use.
I would appreciate any help to get the Wii U Motion Plus remotes working on the USB Loader GX screen. Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
squidward: when you launch the loader you see the revision number on the screen?
if you launch the loader from the installed channel (instead of HBC) then you probably have an old full channel (with the loader inside) instead of a forwarder channel (which loads the boot.dol on SD).
You can verify by going to the settings>credit, if the version as a "c" it means it's the channel version.

If it's correctly launching r1260, then wiimote+ should work as it's compiled with the proper library. it's not based on the cIOS version.

if you want to check which IOS version you have you can look in my signature and follow the "syscheck" guide.
when you have your report, look at the line 249 and 250, these are the two commonly used slots by USBLoaders.

Undeadslayer: sorry, I don't know what's wrong, we would need more information to help you.
things like "is the hdd detected?" "is the partition detected?" "do you have any filters, or correct source selected?" etc.

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squidward: when you launch the loader you see the revision number on the screen?
if you launch the loader from the installed channel (instead of HBC) then you probably have an old full channel (with the loader inside) instead of a forwarder channel (which loads the boot.dol on SD).
You can verify by going to the settings>credit, if the version as a "c" it means it's the channel version.

If it's correctly launching r1260, then wiimote+ should work as it's compiled with the proper library. it's not based on the cIOS version.

if you want to check which IOS version you have you can look in my signature and follow the "syscheck" guide.
when you have your report, look at the line 249 and 250, these are the two commonly used slots by USBLoaders.
It was a "c" version and was not loading the 'new' version. Thank you.
When I launched the new dol from the Homebrew channel the new remotes worked as predicted. Unfortunately I lost all of my settings, favorites, etc.
So I tried to install the USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad which I thought would put an 'icon' on the Wii Menu home screen but it installs, and appears that nothing has happened. Is there a way to get a USB Loader GX button on the Wii Menu home screen, or will I be forever required to launch Homebrew Channel and then USB Loader GX. (I know, not a big deal, but it was nice having one-click access)
I also need to update the Homebrew Channel. I am on 1.0.8 and the WiiRemote+ are not working in the Homebrew Channel now (solve one issue and find another). I think I know how to do that, so we'll see.
Thanks!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@squidward You have to remove the full channel. The forwarder's ID is UNEO and the channels was UNLR.

You can get the wad for it here and use a WAD manager to uninstall it. It might work just deleting it from the system menu channel page, too.

Undeadslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The HDD is detected and Idk if partition is detected, I would say no since it's not picking games up. All the settings were the same as last it was working. System check failed to report.

Undeadslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I got into app, ran a check, check then failed to report. Btw one of my settings in the USB loader was switched to read from SD card. Still can't run nintendont, also when I run a game from USB loader gx, it opens the mii app.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I got into app, ran a check, check then failed to report. Btw one of my settings in the USB loader was switched to read from SD card. Still can't run nintendont, also when I run a game from USB loader gx, it opens the mii app.
Are you running the syscheck from your SD card because I think if you try running it from your USB drive that it will not work. If you are able to run a report and it displays on the screen then at least take pictures of the report on your screen so we can see it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran system check again said it was successful.

Open the syscheck.csv file it put on your SD card in a text editor then copy the results and paste them here in spoiler tags.

There is an option for uploading the report but I don't think there's any way to retrieve the results anymore so you have to use the .csv file.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I followed the guide. I could make a video and post it here.

You asked, I delivered. The file is a word document.
You clearly didn't follow the guide I linked you to because you are not using the correct version of syscheck. Also, the guide says to copy and paste your syscheck report in spoiler tags in your post. Not attached in a zip file. So here is the link again and make sure you follow it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Last edited by Clutz450,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's a bit awkward to read but does look like you have cIOS r20 installed. That's very old. You should install d2x v8 at the least as IOS249[56] and IOS250[57].

You don't have to use Word for that particular .csv file. It's just a text file and not comma-separated values. :)

Undeadslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought 1.7 was the latest version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I actually did try to update the iOS with d2x, it didn't work though.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Undeadslayer how's the drive connected... i mean to wich usb port since they're not the same like with pc... if you use a wiiu usb, might need an y-usb-cable.
the wii's usb power is about half as good as a pc's power over usb... some usb-powered hdd's might need an y cable on the wii as well though an extra power supply would do also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade