Allgamesdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,

cIOS are not compatible with HUBs.
you can use the HUB as additional power plug for your Y-Cable, but all peripheral data line has to be connected directly to the WiiU USB Ports. keep in mind that the HDD need to be on USB Port0 for better compatibility, or USBPort1 if you installed d2x r53 but it requires more setup.

Additionally, some games using USB accessories requires either a cIOS with a base57 or 58. You probably installed 3 cIOS so select IOS SLot 251 for that game.

Another things too : if you installed cIOS d2x r53, then Plug-and-play is enabled, you can connect USB devices when you want.
if you installed cIOS d2x r52, you need to plug the USB devices before launching the loader and the games.

Ok, so I can't use a Hub at all im guessing. Damn. I don't use a Y-Cable. It's just a regular USB hub, powered externally. Does it matter if its the front or the back ports? I'm only using the top one on the back, for my HDD. The Bottom one is unused. Does this limit me to only two usb devices, including the HDD then? Can I not use all three ports? Also, like I originally said: I got it working to the point where it communicates with the guitar and shows that its connected. But yet, it still only lets me control through the wii mote. And, no, the official Disk rockband for Wii doesn't require a special usb adapter that connects it to the wii mote. B/c it consistently only asks for a connection to the wiimote. That's why.

Thanks and I'm hoping for another swift response.

EDIT: When I use cIOS 251, it auto boots me back to the Homebrew Launcher. Same with 249. That's through USB Loader GX. Through WiiFlow, it bumps me back to the system menu. Ouch.

Last edited by Allgamesdude,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, I didn't know rockband connected to wiimotes, I thought it used USB.

cIOS have only 1 (v10) or 2 (v10-alt) USB Port enabled. so you can only connect the HDD on USB port 0 in direct mode (no hub).
port 0 is bottom back on Wii, and top back on WiiU.

It's rebooting to system menu (or HBC) when it can't find the game. probably because of the hub
Did you remove it or still had the hdd connected through the hub when it reboots back to hbc/system menu?

Or because your drive doesn't have enough power. you need a Y-cable if your HDD is not externally powered.

You can connect your drive directly to Port0 and still use HUB on any other 3 USB ports to connect the other end of the HDD's Y-Cable into the HUB. but if you only have one HDD, there's no need of a hub. just HDD+Ycable on both back USB Ports.
Maybe you want a hub because you use a WiiU formated HDD at the same time ? you can connect that drive on the front so USBLoaders won't see it.

i have gamecube games and normally use nintendont to play them now that the loader shows my gamecube games i have to change settings and select nintendont for game to run is this correct or is there a better way
Yes, this is correct.
If you have nintendont installed in SD:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol then you only need to tell USBLoaderGX that you want to use nintendont as main gamecube loader. the path is already pointing to the correct location. if you have it installed in another folder, you can edit the path in USBLoaderGX settings.

To enable nintendont, do it globally, not per game.
Settings > loader settings > Gamecube section at the bottom > gamecube mode : MIOS ->Devolution->Nintendont

While you are here, set the default settings you want to use for all your games in both "nintendont" section few lines below. (some settings are shared with DIOS MIOS, so there are two sections).
this is the "default" settings, called "global option". If you want a different setting for a particular game, select the game to launch and go to option>game settings> set the individual settings for that game only.

Allgamesdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, I didn't know rockband connected to wiimotes, I thought it used USB.

cIOS have only 1 (v10) or 2 (v10-alt) USB Port enabled. so you can only connect the HDD on USB port 0 in direct mode (no hub).
port 0 is bottom back on Wii, and top back on WiiU.

It's rebooting to system menu (or HBC) when it can't find the game. probably because of the hub
Did you remove it or still had the hdd connected through the hub when it reboots back to hbc/system menu?

Or because your drive doesn't have enough power. you need a Y-cable if your HDD is not externally powered.

You can connect your drive directly to Port0 and still use HUB on any other 3 USB ports to connect the other end of the HDD's Y-Cable into the HUB. but if you only have one HDD, there's no need of a hub. just HDD+Ycable on both back USB Ports.
Maybe you want a hub because you use a WiiU formated HDD at the same time ? you can connect that drive on the front so USBLoaders won't see it.

Yes, this is correct.
If you have nintendont installed in SD:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol then you only need to tell USBLoaderGX that you want to use nintendont as main gamecube loader. the path is already pointing to the correct location. if you have it installed in another folder, you can edit the path in USBLoaderGX settings.

To enable nintendont, do it globally, not per game.
Settings > loader settings > Gamecube section at the bottom > gamecube mode : MIOS ->Devolution->Nintendont

While you are here, set the default settings you want to use for all your games in both "nintendont" section few lines below. (some settings are shared with DIOS MIOS, so there are two sections).
this is the "default" settings, called "global option". If you want a different setting for a particular game, select the game to launch and go to option>game settings> set the individual settings for that game only.
No, so Rockband uses a Wiimote for the Microphone. It did the same way on the PS2. Since the USB mic is just a generic mic, it doesn't have buttons. However, you use a wiimote, to maneuver if you are the only player and you want to sing. If you want to play guitar or drums, you just plug the USB dongle in for guitar, and hook up the drums usb to the console. So it's partial usb partial not. But most of the time, I'm using the Guitar and Drums.

EDIT: So, along with this, I have a externally powered hard drive, and a usb hub just powered by USB. Those are my "peripherals" my USB HDD is used purely for wii games, and I have an SD Card which I use for WiiU Loadiine/Saviine/Cafiine stuff.

Last edited by Allgamesdude,

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone has a theme or knows of a way to separate the Gamecube games and Wii games from USBloader GX 3.0. I have tried but I cannot seem to come up with a way. I used to have a theme (I believe) that would do this but I haven't been able to find it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, while I was typing the above, I updated to REV 1260 and now it will not initialize my USB drive when it was literally just working. Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can list only Wii game, or only Gamecube games, by going to the 4th icon in the top menu.
Just enable the console you want to see.

There were a mod that Badablek is maintaining (sorry, I haven't added it to the sources yet) which had a quick switch button looking like tabs.
There were thee button tabs : Wii, GC, channels.
but it can be achieved by just clicking the 4th icon!

Also, while I was typing the above, I updated to REV 1260 and now it will not initialize my USB drive when it was literally just working. Any thoughts on how to remedy this?
Which version did you have ?
Did you try reverting to that version ? did it fixed your problem.

If reverting fixed it, do you have time to do more test to find which revision broke it?

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can list only Wii game, or only Gamecube games, by going to the 4th icon in the top menu.
Just enable the console you want to see.

There were a mod that Badablek is maintaining (sorry, I haven't added it to the sources yet) which had a quick switch button looking like tabs.
There were thee button tabs : Wii, GC, channels.
but it can be achieved by just clicking the 4th icon!

Which version did you have ?
Did you try reverting to that version ? did it fixed your problem.

If reverting fixed it, do you have time to do more test to find which revision broke it?

I was using 3.0 but I updated to R1256-1257. After going back to 3.0, it still doesn't work. I didn't change anything at all just replaced the .dol.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using 3.0 but I updated to R1256-1257. After going back to 3.0, it still doesn't work. I didn't change anything at all just replaced the .dol.

3.0 is a range of at least two years of releases. Which version are you actually using? r1256 and r1257 are separate releases and r1260 is the latest.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.0 is a range of at least two years of releases. Which version are you actually using? r1256 and r1257 are separate releases and r1260 is the latest.

v3.0 (r1180)

From the all in one package from the main post. I updated to, what the folder I downloaded calls it, r1256-1257 which is just the loader from the first post. I will update to r1260 and see if that fixes it but I doubt it will seeing as I went back to the r1180 and it didn't work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan Do you have Easter eggs hidden in your loader? Because I think I just found one. ;)
There were one on 1.x, we (dimok) removed it because nobody triggered it.
From all the code I read, I never found another easter egg. Are you sure it's not a feature ? You can tell me in PM if you want to keep it secret.

ah, that's strange that going back to 3.0 didn't revert your issue too.
is it a USB3.0 HDD ? these drives seems to have detection issue, I didn't took time to fix that issue yet.

if it's a USB3.0, the temporary fix is to set the "loader's IOS" to 58 in the settings.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were one on 1.x, we (dimok) removed it because nobody triggered it.
From all the code I read, I never found another easter egg. Are you sure it's not a feature ? You can tell me in PM if you want to keep it secret.

ah, that's strange that going back to 3.0 didn't revert your issue too.
is it a USB3.0 HDD ? these drives seems to have detection issue, I didn't took time to fix that issue yet.

if it's a USB3.0, the temporary fix is to set the "loader's IOS" to 58 in the settings.

Yes it is a USB 3.0 HDD. I will try that and see if it works but it's strange that it was working perfectly before.

EDIT: That sort of worked. It doesn't get stuck and sees my gamecube games but not the Wii games. Wii games are on the root in the wbfs folder.

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.0 (r1180)

From the all in one package from the main post. I updated to, what the folder I downloaded calls it, r1256-1257 which is just the loader from the first post. I will update to r1260 and see if that fixes it but I doubt it will seeing as I went back to the r1180 and it didn't work.

If you're using the full channel version of 1180 you have to uninstall that first. The channel version of GX isn't supported anymore. You need the UNEO 5.1 forwarder for your console (Wii or vWii) and the standard boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png for the current version in a folder on SD or USB. It should be "/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol" etc...

Keeping the full channel + the /apps/ version can cause a lot of confusion because the settings are different between the two and updates work on the newer dol one and are disabled on the channel one.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the full channel version of 1180 you have to uninstall that first. The channel version of GX isn't supported anymore. You need the UNEO 5.1 forwarder for your console (Wii or vWii) and the standard boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png for the current version in a folder on SD or USB. It should be "/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol" etc...

Keeping the full channel + the /apps/ version can cause a lot of confusion because the settings are different between the two and updates work on the newer dol one and are disabled on the channel one.

I'm currently not using a forwarder. This is all being done straight from homebrew channel.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, then you're good if you don't have the USB Loader GX channel installed, too. You just won't be able to use the Return To feature.

I know and I appreciate the help but it's still not working. My gamecube games are showing up but not my Wii games now. After changing the Loader IOS to 58, it will initialize the hdd but no Wii games.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know and I appreciate the help but it's still not working. My gamecube games are showing up but not my Wii games now. After changing the Loader IOS to 58, it will initialize the hdd but no Wii games.

No, it has to be able to access a cIOS to support Wii games. Nintendont uses stock IOS58 so it will always work.

I may have missed it, but did you post a Syscheck report?

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it has to be able to access a cIOS to support Wii games. Nintendont uses stock IOS58 so it will always work.

I may have missed it, but did you post a Syscheck report?

Interesting. I haven't posted it but I have it and everything is fine with it. Like I said, everything was working just fin until I replaced the .dol.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone please tell me how i can fix the covers showing up twice for games with dual discs ie metal gear,resi 4 etc thanks
I had the same thing happen to me. It was because I ran my game cube games through discex to get all my games named properly and in the correct folder. So rather then having my 2 disc games in the same folder with disc 1 as game.iso and disc 2 as disc2.iso, it had each disc in a separate folder both named game.iso. So if you used discex or something similar like I did then all you should have to do is find your 2nd disc games, rename them disc2.iso and then place them in the 1st disc game folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.