• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the USB is needed only once, to create the ini file.
You can use the standalone BT registering app to do it, the the loader shouldn't need usb anymore. (that's how I understood it, I didn't check the sources).

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Cyan just a quickie.... do we still have to use certain usb ports or can we use any now like in nintendont?

More specifically for WiiU because I hate using the back ports in my cabinets setup (Gotta move WiiU to do it everytime I add a game or anything)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am having problems with usbl gx's gui.
It seems that the top icons are to crammed for proper spacing.
Also in the hdd info txt at the bottom aside the clock, is displaying numbers and a ? Instead of a g ( gb ).
Furthermore nandsaving is instable . mainly mpt is unable to use it anymore.
Copying a single save from the system to my nanddump, resulted in a corrupted save. Dumping my whole nand to get my saves to my dump worked fine, but mpt still crashed. Maybe it's related , maybe not.....?
Nintendont resulted in black screen after a swift display of it's boot logo.

I also would like to mention i replaced my forwarder for the official fixed version.
Before I had video issues when using usblgx with wiiu ( screen tearing etc).
Replacing the forwarder fixed this isseu somehow.
I checked this by comparing the unofficial forwarder ( made for wiiu ) and problem arose again...
Just throwing this out here as I have no cleu if things are related.
Also please note that I am not using. U stealth.
I wil try obove posted beta and will post any findings.
Anyway I would like to thank Cyan for keeping up support for usblgx.
It must be hard at times but you are doing good.
I cannot even imagine how much you must have learned in such short time.
Kudos to you my friend!

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, quick question to [user]Cyan[/user] do you had time to fix my little problem with GX making my NTFS partition as USB1 and my FAT32 primary partition as USB2? So I can run Nintendont from GX? Thanks!

murphy_slaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB Loader GX and Nintendont working almost perfectly on my WiiU's vWii mode. Amazing software, thanks for making it.

There is only one issue: If my USB HDD is attached to the WiiU when the WiiU menu starts up, USB Loader GX will hang at "Initializing USB Device". If I connect the drive after booting to Wii mode, it works perfectly.

Drive is a Western Digital My Passport Ultra, 2TB, USB3 attached to the rear ports of the WiiU with a y-cable.

The drive is split into two partitions, a 1TB FAT32 for games, and a 1TB OS X HFS+ volume I use for backups. The FAT32 is the first partition.

Version info from the Credits screen of USB Loader is:
Nintendont Built Jan 14 2015 00:02:38
Rev1235 IOS250 (Rev 21010) + AHB
(d2x v10beta53-alt-vWii base57)

In GXGlobal.cfg:
cios = 248
LoaderIOS = 250
USBPort = 0
USBAutoMount = 1

Is this a problem with my drive or do I need to try a different IOS?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the report with 1239 :)

Hey Cyan just a quickie.... do we still have to use certain usb ports or can we use any now like in nintendont?
More specifically for WiiU because I hate using the back ports in my cabinets setup (Gotta move WiiU to do it everytime I add a game or anything)
If you use IOS58, you can use any port.
but if you launch a Wii or EmuNAND, it will use cIOS which are limited to specific ports (port0 or port0+1)

I tested USBLoaderGX on vWii with USB connected on the front, and I could mount it and list games from it. I didn't test to run nintendont, but it should work.
Hi Guys, quick question to [user]Cyan[/user] do you had time to fix my little problem with GX making my NTFS partition as USB1 and my FAT32 primary partition as USB2? So I can run Nintendont from GX? Thanks!
Not at all. too busy with current instability issue. Sorry.

I am having problems with usbl gx's gui.
Which revision? please provide a number, because it's a know issue with r1235, and I'm trying/hoping to fix it.
I released 1239 yesterday, I want users to report if it still have inconsistancies of if it's fine and I can push it internally.
of 1239 is still buggy, please let me know so I don't release it publicly from internal update.

Above users seems happy with 1239, so I hope you were using 1235.

murphy_slaw:
It's a known issue.
It seems WiiU disconnect power from the second drive if it detects a WiiU drive at launch.
Once in vWii mode, I don't have any way to re-power the USBPorts from software. (unless I don't know it's possible? if someone know how to do it, please let me know).

Reactions: RCJayce

murphy_slaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a known issue.
It seems WiiU disconnect power from the second drive if it detects a WiiU drive at launch.
Once in vWii mode, I don't have any way to re-power the USBPorts from software. (unless I don't know it's possible? if someone know how to do it, please let me know).

Ah, good to know. Would a possible workaround be to hook up the drive through a powered hub rather than getting power from the Y-cable?

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested GX r1239 with a couple of NGC games through Nintendont and with Wii games too. Games load and play just fine, the loader seems to be stable. I didn't change any option, used my personal configuration I was using with r1233. Any specific option/feature that need to be tested in particular?

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderGX r1239
Please tell me if there are any issues.
if everything is good I will put it on internal update tomorrow.
Thank you for your help.

Does r1239 have the option for Nintendont config? (no change , delete,create) previous removed revision?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it does in the settings>loader settings>gamecube section>Nintendont>
the setting is called "Setting file".

I still didn't test it, but it should work fine.
I didn't test a lot the Disc launching feature with nintendont.

shiranui:
There's nothing in particular to check stability. It was usually visible on the main screen (text corruption, and wrong or clone game listing).

But there are things which could be tested, as I didn't had time:
• disappearing banner animation when in banner layout. (I had this bug, but don't know why. It seems to happen only if there are very few games, less than 10)
• Disc launching with nintendont : I didn't test if it correctly select SD card or USB as device for MCEmu/cheatcode/Controller.ini.
it should auto-select SD if you list only games from SD.
it should auto-select USB if you list only games from USB (main).
it should ask the user if you list both SD/Main or Main/SD in the loader settings>game cube origin and both path are different.

I wondered if it was better to use the "main" path (which most user set to USB, so I could rename it USB, right?). But as it's named "main" it could be used as "main" for things like that?
I chose to ask the user which device to use instead. not forcing is better in my opinion, but might be less straighforward to have to answer questions when launching games.

Hopefully, most users will dump their disc to ISO and don't use disc launching.
• I didn't test if all nintendont settings were working or were compatible with Disc launching.
• WiiU auto-aspect fixer:
I tested it quickly and it worked fine.
The aspect ratio is not forced to 16:9 at launch, instead it should detects if WiiU video setting is set to 16:9 or 4:3 and keep 4:3 if it's the current user's choice.

Reactions: bm123456

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, nintendont plays games using ios58 and I can put the drive anywhere.
But you are saying I can load GX with IOS58 and it will show the games in any port BUT if I run a game it will use cIOS and therefore the game will not boot since it will only use the back ports.

Looks like cIOS needs an update to add in proper IOS58 stuff.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can run Gamecube games from the loader when using front port (I will have to test), but not Wii or EmuNAND as it will reload cIOS instead of 58.

both cIOS and libogc needs port2 and port3 support.
Even if libogc adds support for additional ports, the loader will require an update to support them with cIOS too.

Maybe d2x v9 and v10-alt already supports all ports, but without a libogc update I can't be sure.
But it seems Dual/multi port is broken on vWii, so it will be difficult to check if it works with port2 and port3 with current cIOS, and hermes can't be used on vWii either.

I think libogc provides device names (sd, usb0, usb1, gca, gcb)
But, maybe libogc update is not needed?
I'll have to check which functions are provided by the library and which one by usbstorage2.c
I often say wrong things when talking by memory, so don't take what I said for truth.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the reply but i don't understand what you mean, there is no bar at the bottom on my version

Before update i got this :

and now i have this :

Here is my version:

NOT an official build.

Updating this unofficial build with the official update URL = unofficial build overwritten by official build !

Unofficial USBLGX1238/1239 Tabmod

Sources

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo