Country
Cote d'Ivoire

schraat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see that the widescreen option for wiiU is now forcing it to 4:3 if you don't enable the Wide option. (it was forced to widescreen on r257 and less).
Instead of keeping current aspect ratio, it's forcing it to 4:3 if the loader doesn't have the setting.

If you want, you can rebuilt nintendont by commenting this lines :
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/kernel/main.c?spec=svn258&r=258#258
line258 and 259.

Then It will use your current resolution.
If you want 4:3 -> run USBGX from HBC
if you want 16:9 -> run AspectFixer -> run USBGX from HBC
if you want 16:9 -> run USBGX from Forwarder

I can make an option for all games launched from USBGX on WiiU (not only Gamecube).
If I have time today, I'll make the option for nintendont, else it will be after Xmas as I'm leaving home today's night.

Edit:
I just see that r259 make nintendont reading games from DVD disc drive!
I hope it will not break current launching method, or else it will not work from USBGX until I fix it.
I'll test after my holidays. Sorry if it breaks things.

It seems it doesn't break the autoboot.

I load usbgx from forwarder for 16:9.
cant load nintendont in 16:9 from usbgx it loads only in 4:3.
I can rebuild nintendont but i have no idea what i must write in the lines?

diegobh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is true that USB Loader GX is bricking some Wiis if u use HD at FAT32 or NTFS?

I'm using the USBLoaderGX 3 with Dios Mios but my hd format is WBFS.

I want to format it to FAT32, to uses GameCube .gci isos too, but i read that it's bricking the wii...

Is safe to use USBLoader GX with FAT32 External HD with Wii and GC isos?

Thank you!

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to format it to FAT32, to uses GameCube .gci isos too, but i read that it's bricking the wii...

you should NOT listen dumb people who say that USBLGX can brick anything...this is BS, they don't even know what they are talking about and should stop immediately hacking anything :sleep:

BTW everyone who wants to play GC games or virtual console/wiiware on emuNAND MUST use FAT32. Even Cyan recommends FAT32 partition ! You should trust USBLGX's main developper.

ps : you can convert a WBFS drive to FAT32 with a single click and in a few seconds (even if your drive is full of games), without losing anything, just use the wonderful "wbfs2fat".

Kurdoglu99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I habe a problem with nintendont. Today I have updated nintendont to the newest version. But now if I start a game from USBLGX I get the message "This Nintendont version does not support games on USB". How can I solve this?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Archus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I updated my USB loader GX today too, and The Last story which I was playing until today stopped working, I did force it to use PAL60, is there anything else I should have changed, I think the game needs to boot using ios 249, could that be the problem ? if it is how do I make the adjustment ?

PS. right after the update, I try to load the game (The Last Story) after selected some cheat for it, and that's when I found out the game doesn't work any more. I was worried that the cheat had corrupted the save file, so I deleted the save from wii after made a copy of it to the SD card, but it did not resolve the problem.

PPS. I tried a couple of other games like Wii Sports and Yu-Gi-Oh Wheel Breaker, they all seems to work just fine.

PPPS. I updated using the update option in USB Loader GX. I did choose the update all option. Or have I missed a step some where in my installation ? for instance do I still need to install something through The Homebrew Channel ?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updating the loader should not break a game, I can play Last Story on R1233 using D2x-v10-alt IOS base 56 in slot 249. You could try replacing the boot.dol yourself

for cheats to work it's like this
1.Download Cheats
2.Select Cheats
3.generate gct file
4. select a hook type in game boot settings menu VBI usually works
Cheats are now enabled. They also have no permanent changes to a save file unless you do something like walk through a wall then save where the game isn't usually played, gain 99 lives, all power ups, or all levels unlocked then saved.

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest version of Nintendont, 2.265, breaks the version detection in USB Loader GX r1233 again.

It gives the "can't play on USB" error again. I feel like that error message should be deleted or something since it's caused problems multiple times. It's up to you.

It also seems that auto boot is broken when loading from sd (probably is for all but as mentioned, can't load from usb!)

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
The newest version of Nintendont, 2.265, breaks the version detection in USB Loader GX r1233 again.

It gives the "can't play on USB" error again. I feel like that error message should be deleted or something since it's caused problems multiple times. It's up to you.

It also seems that auto boot is broken when loading from sd (probably is for all but as mentioned, can't load from usb!)

The older mod version (1232 mod2) still works for v2.265.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-925#post-5145900

Archus

Trophies
XP
Country
Updating the loader should not break a game, I can play Last Story on R1233 using D2x-v10-alt IOS base 56 in slot 249. You could try replacing the boot.dol yourself

for cheats to work it's like this
1.Download Cheats
2.Select Cheats
3.generate gct file
4. select a hook type in game boot settings menu VBI usually works
Cheats are now enabled. They also have no permanent changes to a save file unless you do something like walk through a wall then save where the game isn't usually played, gain 99 lives, all power ups, or all levels unlocked then saved.

Thanks for the quick reply. It worked like a charm after I installed the IOS 249 using D2x-v10, however with base IOS 57 ver5661, cause for some reason I don't have the IOS 56 in the option. And maybe change the Game IOS option to 249 helped too ? but ether way it works now. Thanks for the help :grog:

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi guys. I have a quick question.
I was trying to install a bunch of WADs the other day to the emunand through USBLOADER GX but couldn't get them all done because installing them 1 by 1 is just nearly impossible.
I was wondering if there's a way to mass install WADs just like in any other WAD installer?
Thanks.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys. I have a quick question.
I was trying to install a bunch of WADs the other day to the emunand through USBLOADER GX but couldn't get them all done because installing them 1 by 1 is just nearly impossible.
I was wondering if there's a way to mass install WADs just like in any other WAD installer?
Thanks.

You should use ShowMiiWads (on your computer) instead of USBLGX, it's much better/easier to install (multiple) WADs on emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1