• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
port1 works fine with base56 and r1229, at least tested by another user (TGMagus on IRC).
I didn't do the tests myself.

He found that 1230+ on vWii have issues with initializing HDD.
I asked him to test port1 (without WiiU HDD connected, only USB port1 used) and it worked with slot249/56.

I wish everything could work the same way on both Wii and WiiU, I don't know why WiiU only has this issue.
We will try to debug it this weekend.

How to get mortal kombat armageddon to work.
I run the latest Usb Loader GX.
Direct on Startup comes Black Screen.
It's a Wii game? or Virtual console installed on emuNAND? (sorry I don't know all games :P)

If it's a Wii game, maybe it's incompatible (some games don't work).
Maybe the ISO is bad, try to make it again, or check it with WiiBackupManager's sha1 option.
Try different video mode settings in the loader (it should match the Game's Region, not your console's region, if it's a NTSC game, then force NTSC or use DiscDefault).
Try to force English as language (some games doesn't work with other languages).
Or try to disable all patches (disable "return to", disable ocarina, etc.)

Try another USBLoader (CFG or wiiflow for example) to determine if the issue is USBLoaderGX or your side (game, HDD, etc.)

If it's a Virtual console, there's a lot of chance the game is incompatible with this loader.
You will need neek2o or a specific setup to use USBLoaderGX EmuNAND with it.

neophyte1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
port1 works fine with base56 and r1229, at least tested by another user (TGMagus on IRC).

I asked him to test port1 (without WiiU HDD connected, only USB port1 used) and it worked with slot249/56.

I wish everything could work the same way on both Wii and WiiU, I don't know why WiiU only has this issue.

It's a Wii game? or Virtual console installed on emuNAND? (sorry I don't know all games :P)

If it's a Wii game, maybe it's incompatible (some games don't work).
Maybe the ISO is bad, try to make it again, or check it with WiiBackupManager's sha1 option.
Try different video mode settings in the loader (it should match the Game's Region, not your console's region, if it's a NTSC game, then force NTSC or use DiscDefault).
Try to force English as language (some games doesn't work with other languages).
Or try to disable all patches (disable "return to", disable ocarina, etc.)

Try another USBLoader (CFG or wiiflow for example) to determine if the issue is USBLoaderGX or your side (game, HDD, etc.)

If it's a Virtual console, there's a lot of chance the game is incompatible with this loader.
You will need neek2o or a specific setup to use USBLoaderGX EmuNAND with it.
It is a normal game and lots had issues with it. I found always the alt dol method. But for me it is not working.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
alt dol method was a way to launch games with multi-dols by selecting the one to boot instead of booting the menu. (for example games with compilations, like Metroid Prime trilogy).
Since d2x v7, you don't need to use alt-dol option anymore, d2x is now compatible with multi-dol games.

Try different video modes.
Or set video modes to "console default" and disable all options and patches. Some games don't work with patches enabled (like Kirby or Prince of Persia).

Some games have protections (like tintin, Drivers SanFransisco, etc.) and will work fine in Sneek/neek2o.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a little issue for quite a while on Homebrew Manager function on USB Laoder GX, but I haven't reported early because I'm having some trouble with my crappy computer:

When an application have multiple folders inside, like RetroArch, this occurs:

WP_20141213_001.jpg

I have to go to the 6th page to actually be able to use other homebrews inside USB Loader GX.

I know that loading homebrew isn't the primary function of the loader, but for me, it is very useful to load from it, instead running Homebrew Channel. My Wii is set up with USB Loader GX at startup and have the Return option set to it too and loading all homebrew, games and emunand channels in one place (instead going back and forth to System Menu, Homebrew Channel....) is very cool.

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Huh, that's weird. Is this the case for anyone else? For me, Port 1 does not work with 249 in any way, shape, or form. If it's r1229 and Port 1 only, not initialized. If it's r1233 and Port 1 only, not initialized. If it's r1229 and vWii in Port 1 and Wii U in Port 0, not initialized. And if it's r1233 and vWii in Port 1 and Wii U in port 0, not initialized.

How did this user set things up? And they were on a Wii U?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used USB Loader for quite a while and never really had an issue with it, it's a great loader. Recently, I switched from using DML to Nintendont for my GC backups. I also have Ocarina enabled for Project M for SSBB. Normally, for games I don't have a GCT file setup for, it just pops up with a small error message and I just move on, ignoring it and playing the game fine. Well, with Nintendont, if I don't have the GCT file for that game while using USB Loader GX as the front end and Ocarina enabled, it shuts down.

I'm not fond of the idea of switch Ocarina on and off all the time. Is there a way to only enable Ocarina for specific games or do I have to go through and make a GCT file for every GC game I have installed? I've thought about checking out CFG Loader as I'm fairly certain it has the ability to enable Ocarina for only specified games, but it doesn't seem to have as much support behind it.

neophyte1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
alt dol method was a way to launch games with multi-dols by selecting the one to boot instead of booting the menu. (for example games with compilations, like Metroid Prime trilogy).
Since d2x v7, you don't need to use alt-dol option anymore, d2x is now compatible with multi-dol games.

Try different video modes.
Or set video modes to "console default" and disable all options and patches. Some games don't work with patches enabled (like Kirby or Prince of Persia).

Some games have protections (like tintin, Drivers SanFransisco, etc.) and will work fine in Sneek/neek2o.
But tintin i tried it also makes black screen. Must i enable the sneek option under game settings in usb loader gx?

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why wont this thing work with a fat32 partition as number 0/1 and then ext3 as the second one? seriously the fuck is up with this thing?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a little issue for quite a while on Homebrew Manager function on USB Laoder GX
I'll work on homebrew browser menu later.
Currently, the browser is listing all .dol files (not only the boot.dol).

it just pops up with a small error message and I just move on, ignoring it and playing the game fine
You enabled Ocarina in the Global/default setting.
Telling ALL games to use that setting by default.
It's best to set it to OFF in the global setting, and enable it only for games used cheat codes. Like said to you, each games have individual settings which can bypass the Global settings.
Enable Ocarina in the specific game's setting, and there's a menu in the game's setting to download/enable/generate the .gct file directly from the loader.

Individual game settings may also have settings not available in the global setting menu. so you should check them to see what's possible and what you might need.

But tintin i tried it also makes black screen. Must i enable the sneek option under game settings in usb loader gx?
There's no sneek option in USBLoaderGX. Not yet.
I'll add neek2o option soon.
But you are right, the protected games like tintin will need neek (or updated cIOS ? neek2o is returning a specific value when AP games are detected, I think cIOS could do the same. I don't have protected games to test myself)

why wont this thing work with a fat32 partition as number 0/1 and then ext3 as the second one? seriously the fuck is up with this thing?
Why it wouldn't?
USBLoaderGX is compatible with all partitions type.
MBR/GBP
Primary/Extended
WBFS/FATxx/NTFS/Ext2-3-4
up to 8 partitions can be mounted at the same time.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a little issue for quite a while on Homebrew Manager function on USB Laoder GX, but I haven't reported early because I'm having some trouble with my crappy computer:

When an application have multiple folders inside, like RetroArch, this occurs:

View attachment 12817

I have to go to the 6th page to actually be able to use other homebrews inside USB Loader GX.

I know that loading homebrew isn't the primary function of the loader, but for me, it is very useful to load from it, instead running Homebrew Channel. My Wii is set up with USB Loader GX at startup and have the Return option set to it too and loading all homebrew, games and emunand channels in one place (instead going back and forth to System Menu, Homebrew Channel....) is very cool.

ULGX read the .dol files inside to display each app, Retroarch for example has a .dol for each core, (I think there are around 8 cores?), at least you modify the extension it will still showing 8 different apps :P, you always can delete cores that you don't use, I just keep 1 core for NES games, and 1 core for GBA games, I delete CaveStory core too because I already have the game on WiiWare, etc...

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's best to set it to OFF in the global setting, and enable it only for games used cheat codes. Like said to you, each games have individual settings which can bypass the Global settings.
Enable Ocarina in the specific game's setting, and there's a menu in the game's setting to download/enable/generate the .gct file directly from the loader.

Individual game settings may also have settings not available in the global setting menu. so you should check them to see what's possible and what you might need.
Yeah, I got that, I was just foolishly not noticing the game specific menu.

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll work on homebrew browser menu later.
Currently, the browser is listing all .dol files (not only the boot.dol).

There's no sneek option in USBLoaderGX. Not yet.
I'll add neek2o option soon.
But you are right, the protected games like tintin will need neek (or updated cIOS ? neek2o is returning a specific value when AP games are detected, I think cIOS could do the same. I don't have protected games to test myself)

Why it wouldn't?
USBLoaderGX is compatible with all partitions type.
MBR/GBP
Primary/Extended
WBFS/FATxx/NTFS/Ext2-3-4
up to 8 partitions can be mounted at the same time.
No it actually doesn't, I try to do it and it simply says "USB hard drive not mounted." and then it shows _zero_ games on it at all. I have put two GCN isos in the nintendont method and there's nothing on it, so it's clearly not working. If it was then it'd be showing those games. they are in the games/game_name/game.iso format I put them that way after I used the game dumper thing on my wii, it has the .bca file for no reason at all but they arethere.

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if you have only FAT32 on the same drive?
or FAT32+Ext3 with a different drive? (to test if it's the drive itself, or the partitions format on it)
before when I just had fat32 I don't believe it wanted to work with it, I believe that wiiflow worked just fine. Also ext4 is backwards compatibile in terms of new features to ext3. I'll have to go try out a plain-old ext3 drive on it and see how the thing goes.

Edit: OK I seem to have figured out part of it, after setting the custom path for the gcn games, they are now showing up but not the wii ones, is there any setting to tell it to look here for the files? Is there some sort of directive I can give it? I've been through the configs and can find nothing, I already set the game/install partition to the "linux" one but they're not showing up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.