• Views 7,181,883
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I updated to the latest version of Nintendon't (thanks FIX!) and I have a strange issue to report.

I tried to load different games from USB Loader GX with no success. Instead,the loader displays the following message " Error! This version of Nintendont does not support games from USB ."

Wiiflow seems to run them just fine. Really weird!

Has anyone faced the same problem?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok im at my wits end. i had spongebob boating bash ntsc working but since my hdd got wiped a while back i had to reinstall it and now it doesnt work with usb loader gx (havent tried wiiflow). if i install d2x cios with a base of 53 (v8 v9 v10 beta 52 doesnt matter) the game runs but when i go to do a quick play the game stays on the loading screen with spongebob driving down the road over and over again. does anyone else have this game and does it work fine with usb loader gx and if so then what are your settings and what cios are you using. and yes i have the retail disc (i didnt download it) and i used usb loader gx to install it and im using the latest one r1231 i think

I have noticed some games don't rip to wbfs properly in usbloader GX for example sonic and the secret rings, it shows the proper size but doesn't boot just black screen I used CFG-mod to rip that game, you may want to give other loaders a try before questioning your cios installation being an issue

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you only turn ON the ocarina option, or did you also select the cheats you want to use and generate the gct file?
Are other games working fine with Ocarina, or all games are crashing when you enabled a cheat?

fledge68:
base 53 ?
Maybe you meant v10 beta53 ?
v10 beta53 = v10 beta52 + dual port support. If you don't need USB Port1 support, don't use beta53 (it has less emuNAND compatibility).

If you really meant base 53, then that's why your game is not working.
You need to install a base 56 (which means it's using the official IOS 56 as base for creating the patched/custom IOS)
v8 base 56 installed in slot 249
v8 base 57 installed in slot 250
Thanks for the reply cyan. yes i meant base 53. d2x base 56 and 57 dont work they just freeze after the initial wiimote screen. but i googled the game not working and some people have got it working with base 53 and sure enuff it did for me too but still freezes later in the game when i want to start a race.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know this game required cIOS base53.
Did you try using one of the hermes IOS too? (I suppose other users already tried)
yes just reinstall the hermes cios using rodries installer. they just cause the wii to restart. maybe someone else knows. and acidflare thanks for your input.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan are you talking about my rip of Sonic and the Secret Rings (NTSC-U)?
yes, as you said dumping that game with USBGX prevent the game from booting, I'm curious to see if it's an issue with the dumping code.
If you can compare the same game but dumped with different loader, and find what's different maybe I can check what's wrong.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't do anything with the checksums.

I'm just curious to know if the two dumps are different or identical.
And if different, could you check the Sha-1 using WiibackupManager to detect if something is wrong?
I wonder if the dumping code in USBGX is bad.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shaun White SkateBoarding has the same effect when ripped with wiiflow or USBGX I forgot to mention that wiiflow has the same effect with Sonic and The Secret Rings
CFG mod however doesn't have this issue

I was planning on using WBM to calculate all hashing sums and send you the results

Lurky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download the latest package http://www.mediafire.com/download/4chkwkwrwtigh4x/R1231_IOS222-249-250.7z
use boot ios 58 set game ios to 249. ios d2x 250 base 57 is supposedly the ios need for this game according to this post https://gbatemp.net/threads/just-dance-2014-black-screen.355509/#post-4792110

Thanks Acidflare for your response and helpfulness. You helped to solve part of my problem. The other issue was because I updated USBLoaderGX through the program onto a full SD card...and I thereby corrupted the boot.dol I somehow figured it out. Now to go and clean up my SD card.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cyan I calculated the md5 sums their the same size is the exact same I don't know where to get the sha-1 sums from I verified both copies correctly but don't know how to compare them

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Acidflare for your response and helpfulness. You helped to solve part of my problem. The other issue was because I updated USBLoaderGX through the program onto a full SD card...and I thereby corrupted the boot.dol I somehow figured it out. Now to go and clean up my SD card.

Not a problem, you probably have too many images on your sd card you can create a usbloader_gx folder on your usb drive then move the image folders and files to that folder plug everything into your wii launch usbloader GX and go to settings> Custom paths.
Hover over the item your going to edit to see where those images used to point to on your sd card then locate the folder on your hard drive.
You can edit the image paths to read them from the hard drive instead by doing this.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a new mod version which is compatible with either
new(v2.206+) or old version of Nintendont.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9wuzdm (source/change is included)

It's not a wise solution to detect Nintendont version(built date)
but it works.

what exactly is it that you are modifying and releasing? i'm pretty sure it's usb loader gx but you have included no indication as to what you have modified.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he changed the detection of nintendont (to base it on month name detection).
New nintendont version are not working with USBLoaderGX r1231, he just added a new method to check compiled date (I was planning on releasing a fix, but I have few others things to edit at the same time so I won't release it until all is fine and tested).

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new versions of nintendont weren't working with older revisions of usb loader gx as well the autoboot feature broke and resulted in just loading nintendont itself but with all the settings set from usb loader gx and the game selected
it asked me for usb or sd I selected usb, then it proceeded to the game select menu and the game I had selected in usb loader gx was selected waiting for me to press the a button but regardless the autoboot feature had broken in the newest version of nintendont

subjective_play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you only turn ON the ocarina option, or did you also select the cheats you want to use and generate the gct file?
Are other games working fine with Ocarina, or all games are crashing when you enabled a cheat?

I generated the .gct files online through the GeckoCodes website, and put them in the codes folder manually. I can't seem to select any cheats when I select the "Ocarina" option, all I get is a blank page (assuming that page is where I select cheats?). The loader seems to download a blank .txt file and that's it.

All GameCube games that have corresponding .gct files in the codes folder crash when I enable cheats. Haven't tested with Wii games yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo