• Start date
  • Views 7,179,570
  • Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
My emunand has always been the same and has always been placed in my USB drive. The cache folder is in my SD (also tried placing it in the USB). When I created the emunand I installed like 40 channels at the same time with ShowMiiWads and all the banners were stored in the cache folder. But now, even being the same emunand and the same channels, the banners are not stored in the cache folder.

I only updated cIOS D2X and USB Loader GX when a new revision was released. The last change I made was to format my USB drive from two partitions, fat32+wbfs, to one single fat32 partition.

SSBBDaisy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is impossible

I have tried USB Loader GX version 249 and 222 and neither can work for me

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING to try and get this thing to work.

It wont read my USB. I check the compatibility list for USB loader gx and 8GB Scandisk Micro Cruzor is compatible.

I have installed d2x-v8-final cios in a lot of different ways and nothing gets USB Loader GX to work.

I can't get into the USB loader gx chat to get help and people forget about threads.

Looks like I have to go back to neo gamma r9 since that actually works. :nayps3:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You said your usb stick didn't work with CFG loader too.
two loaders don't work, maybe it's your device's fault. compatibility list gives you the name, but also the device ID (if the user filled it). You can check if your USB has the same PID/VID to be sure it's the same model.
Then, maybe you used the wrong USB port (did you connect it to the port near the bottom edge of the console? it's Port 0, it's the one you need to use).
Maybe it's the format (FAT32 ? only one partition ?)
you could test to plug it after launching the loader (when it starts the count down), some users have this problem and can fix it by plugging it after launch.

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use postloader for Gamecube games. It has auto DML switching (Quadforce, Dios-Mios, Dios-Mios Lite). Something all USB loaders should have by now..........

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can USB Loader GX run GameCube games directly from usb flash not copying them on SD card? Is this problem solved?

Use postloader for Gamecube games. It has auto DML switching (Quadforce, Dios-Mios, Dios-Mios Lite). Something all USB loader should have by now..........

Maybe boajuse does not want to use postloader...
And yes it has been resolved...but you have to use the latest beta found in the issue page.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can USB Loader GX run GameCube games directly from usb flash not copying them on SD card? Is this problem solved?
Yes.

And for all above with problems, I have NO problems loading anything on USB loader GX on my Wii.

But I have a problem with loading these things on WiiU using usb loader gx.
It seems there a bug in the PAL version WiiU system menu that screws with video modes.
For example I am unable to display various games in 480p via Component.
On HDMI I have similar isseus that can result in artifacting deu to the Wiius POOR deinterlacing before outputting the upscaled image.
Forcing NTSC on those games can fix those problems on PALe wiiu's
This will display the game in treu 480p.

Nevertheless there are a few exceptions.
For instance COD Black ops cannot be forced to 480p. it wlll resort to 480i on component.
On HDMI the game displays artifacting as the wii U will only upscale the 567i signal to 1080p wich looks like crap.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-wii-u-backwards-compatibility-analysis

I was wondering if there was a means of hacking so that those games can be played in 480p, just like the Wii does.
As I recall usb loader gx resort to system settings when displaying 480p.
Maybe the video can be forced to use what is on the disc?

NINTENDO YOU SCREWED US PAL USERS.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure if it's related but libogc can't read system settings properly on a wii u because of different line endings the system menu uses to store them. Joostin Online has submitted a fix to the libogc code but without it homebrew on wii u always gets default values when reading system settings.

MIGHT be part of the bug here.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure if it's related but libogc can't read system settings properly on a wii u because of different line endings the system menu uses to store them. Joostin Online has submitted a fix to the libogc code but without it homebrew on wii u always gets default values when reading system settings.
MIGHT be part of the bug here.
It's also a bug in the PAL WIIU system menu.
Ntsc WIIU's do not have the upscaling problem.
Nintendo seems to think we all have 567i tv here.
SO the menu default to upscaling 567i to 1080p, with artifacting/ line tearing as result.
As for NTSC WiiU's just handles the 480p signal fine.
The backward compatibilty is screwed for us PAL users I think.

Hell, even the USBLOAD GX Gui is being upscaled from 576 i wich makes no sense to me.
To make matters worse the Wii settings are handled from the WIIu settings menu.
So there's no way to select or change the signal.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try to force the Video mode patching in both console settings and Dol's data?
Video mode : Force 480p (<-- this one patch the Console's video setting)
Video patch dol : All (<-- this one patch the game's dol and replaces ALL video modes found, even the one unknown by Libogc to 480p.)

I still haven't installed cIOS on WiiU, so I didn't test game compatibility yet.
I can only test launching GameCube, Real NAND channels and homebrew.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you try to force the Video mode patching in both console settings and Dol's data?
Video mode : Force 480p (<-- this one patch the Console's video setting)
Video patch dol : All (<-- this one patch the game's dol and replaces ALL video modes found, even the one unknown by Libogc to 480p.)

I still haven't installed cIOS on WiiU, so I didn't test game compatibility yet.
I can only test launching GameCube, Real NAND channels and homebrew.
Dear Cyan,

The problem is that Nintendo made a bugged PAL vWii system menu.
The console alway resorts to upscale a 567i signal instead of true 480p.
Even wors there is no way to change the vWii's initial signal as i is handles from the Wiiu settings menu.

Nintendo seems to think here in europe we still do not have 480p comnpatible devices.
It results is atrifacted image ( because of the Wiiu's effort to deinterlace the 567i signal and upscale it to 480p, 1080p )
Aside my original Wii the picure is servely degraded.Comparable to composite output on an lcd tv..

Just to be clear, from what I've read, the NTSC version of Wiiu does NOT have these problems.

When forcing to 480p in USB loader GX, it only changes video mode to 480i at best.
Even the usb loader GX gui is artifacted.

To be short, it would be great to find a way to let the PAL Wiiu system menu display in true 480p again just like the Wii did.
Or to let the Wiiu use the 480p video mode for upscaling on PAL Wiiu's

edwardbirkholz05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again you are imagining things. When a WiiU is configured to use HDMI it runs PAL wii games in 480p (if they support it), not 576i. This also includes the vwii system menu.
Saying the USB Loader GX GUI has artifacts because it's being upscaled from 576i is also wrong, libogc can't detect PAL video mode because of the bug mentioned earlier! All homebrew should default to NTSC (480i for composite, 480p for component/HDMI) unless it was compiled against fresh git libogc (from last week) or explicitly forcing the video mode to 576i.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Again you are imagining things. When a WiiU is configured to use HDMI it runs PAL wii games in 480p (if they support it), not 576i. This also includes the vwii system menu.
Saying the USB Loader GX GUI has artifacts because it's being upscaled from 576i is also wrong, libogc can't detect PAL video mode because of the bug mentioned earlier! All homebrew should default to NTSC (480i for composite, 480p for component/HDMI) unless it was compiled against fresh git libogc (from last week) or explicitly forcing the video mode to 576i.

Explain this then.
<iframe width='1280' height='720' frameborder=0 style='border:0;margin:0;padding:0;' src='

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
to Cyan:
How About to add homebrew games in source menu that point at configurable apps folder?

In this way is possible to have even homebrew games listed with wii, gc, and channels.

I like this idea, and i hope you likes too !

Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it was planned, but I didn't have time to work on it yet.
I still want to release an official version with all GameCube menus and features working fine (waiting for nintendont release, and few menus fixes or changes).
I still have lot of features that users asked, I don't know which one I'll do. I'll go with the flow and available time.

Edit:

R1218 is available
http://www.mediafire.com/download/19batamvn4he2dx/R1218_IOS222-249-250.7z

it supports nintendont and IOS58+AHB (to launch GameCube, real Channel and Homebrew without cIOS).

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues with 6 random games (Mario Party 9, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pikmin 2, Rhythm Heaven Fever, and both Sam and Max games), all in wbfs format. The metadata refuses to load from them (sound, banner etc) and they refuse to boot in usbloadergx. In cfg usbloader the channel sound plays properly and they boot, but I'd much rather use usbloader gx because it seems like the read speed in cfg usbloader is slower and causes some games to freeze. Oh, and this is on a Wii U with vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o