• Replies 29,378
  • Likes 48

7urismo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone link me to a definite guide to install this?
I'm having trouble understanding some of the terminology, since, I have only hacked my Wii yesterday.

I have found out my Wii's IOS version is: IOS58
I know that IOS58 is one of the requirements for installing this Loader.

However, I also noticed something about cIOS versions.
I am unsure which cIOS version I have installed, and I am also unsure of how to install the cIOS version required to install this onto my Wii. I have looked up various guides on YouTube, but, because I have followed the instructions issued in the 'Modify ALL Wii's 4.3 % & Below' thread, I am unsure which steps I am required to take, and which steps I have already included.

Guidance for a newb would be appreciated! :)

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am having a strange issue with version 2.3, the original wii sports game (NOT wii sports resort) and a motion plus controller. Basically, if I try to play wii sports with an internal motion plus (not the latest controller, bought them about 1(?) year ago), the game says that I must remove the extension(?) from the wiimote before continuing. I have an NTSC-J wii and the game is NTSC-J. I haven't played wii sports in some time, but I do remember the game working fine in the past. I can't remember if that was with the wiimote with the internal motion plus or not though. What further information do you require to troubleshoot this issue?

It must be the game, use a wii mote without the motion plus built in
Once the game has started the loader is not doing anything.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Hielkenator:

Which ratio are you talking?
There are two of them :
- one in GUI setting, which is ONLY for the width of the windows/popup/menu. it's looks best when not using that (the windows are bigger, don't use "fix widescreen option")

- one in the Banner Animation settings (the Projection width/height specify the size of the big banner)

I never encountered the covers and buttons displayed as "thin line" like you said.

Isseu was on my side.
I had a locked sd card and usb loader gx reverted to a widescreen ratio of 0.01.
I could'nt write a change to my sd card, so the config did't save.
Sorry to waste your time....

Having trouble using save emulation with Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Saving to real Nand is fine.
Partial emu save results in hangin after the "these games use a nunchuck" message ( pointer is still active )
Full emu results in a never ending loading "loop".
making this game basicly unusable to play with nandsave emulation.

Awesome loader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MPT always had troubles with emunand on GX. libogc version was the cause of the previous map loading problem with partial nand emu. But it seems worst now if it's not even booting past the first few screens.

And of course, it works fine with other USBloaders?

satanishere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a strange issue with version 2.3, the original wii sports game (NOT wii sports resort) and a motion plus controller. Basically, if I try to play wii sports with an internal motion plus (not the latest controller, bought them about 1(?) year ago), the game says that I must remove the extension(?) from the wiimote before continuing. I have an NTSC-J wii and the game is NTSC-J. I haven't played wii sports in some time, but I do remember the game working fine in the past. I can't remember if that was with the wiimote with the internal motion plus or not though. What further information do you require to troubleshoot this issue?

It must be the game, use a wii mote without the motion plus built in
Once the game has started the loader is not doing anything.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just tested r1156mod5 and all that I can say is "woooooooooow"
this new icon/banner view is really amazing.
Thanks for the great update.

few things to mention:
1. the icon view is really slow (loading wise) maybe having a cache option on SD can make it faster!
and the frame used for the channel icons looks nice only in default theme (Maybe a transparent frame will suite all themes better)
2. Home button doesn't work in banner view ("B" has to be pressed first)
3. DML mode still don't see games on USB partition only SD - I think it will be cooler if DML games in usb:\games folder also show along with their SD counterparts.
Thanks again

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. I don't know if we will add a cache for that (it would require extracting all banners and check the external medias before checking the internal game's data)
2. I guess this one will be fixed.
3. We will work on DML after the banner's problems are fixed.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
1. I don't know if we will add a cache for that (it would require extracting all banners and check the external medias before checking the internal game's data)
2. I guess this one will be fixed.
3. We will work on DML after the banner's problems are fixed.
Yes but this will be only required on first run. Later things will get fast (maybe the usb device will work faster than the sd in this case)
Thank you

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why would it doesn't work "normally"?

Don't use the "return to" feature, as it bypass the log writing to the System menu.

It's the system menu which write the logs based on the time you played.
If you don't return to system menu when exiting the game, then it will not work.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
OMG, just built GX rev1158 and found out that icon/banner option was removed!!!!
@Cyan please tell me this is just temporary.

Read the change log, nothing is mentioned about banners being added, beta testing is still on going so wont add it to SVN yet
Thanks pep i got 1156mod5 which has the banners from the mediafire download folder, this one (1158) from svn checkout, so that's why.

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would it doesn't work "normally"?

Don't use the "return to" feature, as it bypass the log writing to the System menu.

It's the system menu which write the logs based on the time you played.
If you don't return to system menu when exiting the game, then it will not work.
i see. thanks for that clarrification. by the way the banner implementation is great! kudos to all of you.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for the gametdb offsets file to reset when updating the gametdb.xml file?
I changed a few names the other day for games not in gametdb.xml, and when I updated this file through the update menu, they went back to showing the file name instead of my names.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it showed your names because you didn't have that game in the xml yet.
The xml is taking priority on the custom name.

If that's the case, we should change that.
Or try the "Force name from Disc" option.

I'll have to test to rename a game.
I never did it :P

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for the gametdb offsets file to reset when updating the gametdb.xml file?
I changed a few names the other day for games not in gametdb.xml, and when I updated this file through the update menu, they went back to showing the file name instead of my names.
Of course it is normal. It is necessary to get new offsets if the file changed. What you mean is the cache file probably. The cache file is also reset as some names might "change" in the new file. Renaming inside the loader renames the real disc title and the cache file entry. Though the cache file is a temporary thing. If a new one is generated the old cache entries are gone. Maybe a setting for this wouldn't be to be. Something like "Don't reset title cache on GameTDB update".

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it is normal. It is necessary to get new offsets if the file changed. What you mean is the cache file probably. The cache file is also reset as some names might "change" in the new file. Renaming inside the loader renames the real disc title and the cache file entry. Though the cache file is a temporary thing. If a new one is generated the old cache entries are gone. Maybe a setting for this wouldn't be to be. Something like "Don't reset title cache on GameTDB update".
The wbfs file name is not being changed because when I update gametdb.xml, it discards the offsets and goes back to the original file name. It could be because the game title I'm adding has the ":" character. I originally tried to do the renaming for these few game not on the gametdb.xml, by editing the title with wiixplorer, but it did not let me put ":" on the title. I assume this is because the file system or the OS does not like the character. Of course, I cannot do it with Windows either, because of the same reason.

At any rate, this is not a big deal. You guys are doing incredible work with the banner feature and I don't want to detract from it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just tested Mod7
I hope to fix the icon view and make the frame transparent
Here's what I mean (check last row)
f30bcaf3884f9695b913cc8141f0fc02.jpg

Site & Scene News