• Views 7,190,874
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

Greennick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished following the How-to Geek tutorial on how to install a wii game loader and everything worked great! One of the games I backed up was Disney All Star Party. When my children went to play it this morning, the game gets to the warning screen about the safety strap and when they press a button to move on the screen goes black and freezes the Wii. I went to the game loader and tried running from there, and the same exact thing happens. Is there some kind of protection on the Disney game that causes this because now it seems like I cannot play the backup or the original. Two other games that I backed up work fine?!
I am running USB Loader GX v2.0, cIOS 249 rev 20, my WII is running 4.3U and I have formatted my USB hard drive to WBFS.
I would appreciate any help in resolving this greatly as something has definitely blocked this game from running on our Wii. I also previously followed the How-to Geek tutorial on the anti bricking and protecting your Wii so I have priiloader installed and updates turned off if this matters.
Thanks,
Nick

YOU ARE SEVERELY OUT OF DATE !
Why did you go to How to Geek?

Use modmii by XFlak to get things sorted.

Note: Again a Metroid PT 3 problem.
1149 - ver249, d2x rev41.Partial NAND emu.

This problem consists of Metroid Prime 3 from the Trilogy .
Game crashed back to System menu when trying to leave GFS Olympus right after defeating beserker. Enter your ship and press the blinking button.
Changing specific game IOS upon loading the game to 250 crashes the game immidiatly upon loading.
Leaving it on 249 it crashes after the small planet surface map select.

Are all offsets for this game right?
it's working fine without emu nand in GX.
It working fine with latest Wiiflow beta using emunand saves.

STRTOUL suggested it must be a cios issue but I'm not sure as it is working with Wiiflow fine....

Can somebody else confirm?
Hielkenator,

The How to Geek was just the first sight I found and was fairly easy to follow. I hadn't tried anything else, however I used the instructions to restore the NAND on my Wii and the game works fine. For some reason though, I have to restore the NAND about once a week or the game disk stops working. I will try modmii in the future and see how that works.

Thanks for the help. Any idea why I have to keep restoring my NAND to make this game work???

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
http://code.google.c...l?id=1769#c1752
Hey guys i want to try something. Could you test the following two dols and tell me if you notice any difference to r1149. Especially the troubled titles like Driver SF would interesst me. It's a test to seperate the loader application used memory from the game/apploader memory to be able to handle failed game starts. The first dol only forbids the loader to use the mem1 area where the apploader will be used and anything above it. The 2nd dol includes the changes from mem1 and extends it by forbidding use of mem1 completely and allocate anything in the loader to mem2. This will seperate it completely.

Feedback on r1149 (mod1 & 2)
I've tried it with the game (Ubisoft Anti Piracy Protected) Tintin with these test mods of r1149 and it still hangs after the flying part in the beginning (freezeing with Tintin laying on the beach).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Though, they will use the same config file. (maybe that's what you want).

The loader is checking for the config file in :
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
SD:/config/
USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/
USB:/config/

If it's not found, it will create it on : first_available_device:/apps/usbloader_gx/

Going back to an old version and upgrading back again can result in a setting reset (to prevent conflict, the loader is forcing a setting reset on some version if the setting file is too old).

If it doesn't bother you, then you can have two different version at the same time :
- two on the SD like Hielkenator said
- One on SD and a full channel installed on the system menu.
- One on SD and one on USB : this is the best option!

Place 2.3 on SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
Place 2.2 on USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/
Remove the SD card and launch the forwarder when you want to play driver, it will boot the one on USB with the setting file located on USB.
Put back your SD card and launch the forwarder to play 2.3, it will use the settings on SD.

JC-Lives

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm trying to get this to work but I think I've screwed soemthing up with the forwarder since it no longer works but I can load it from HBC.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Got the Wii out for the first time in ages and a bit rusty - am I right in thinking you can't install burnt games to a USB hard drive, only originals?

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just to say thank you to the gx team.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=j_SsJ8IJDzk[/media]

Sorry to be a lazy so & so, there are like 1000 pages here :blink: ... but could I ask how you are able to get the gamecube side of usbloader gx working.
I have about 20 to 30 original gamecube discs and would love to transfer them onto the HDD alongside my Wii games

I've updated usb loader to latest test version r1152 and can see the gamecube filter in the menu, I'm not sure how to, or even if usb loader can rip/backup the games I have ?
Would love to fire up Bloody Roar & Burnout 2 from the HDD the same way for Wii games

..... EDIT: Looking thru posts here and I can see that it's a very new feature ... any info/tutorials would be v appreciated :yay:

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just to say thank you to the gx team.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=j_SsJ8IJDzk[/media]

Sorry to be a lazy so & so, there are like 1000 pages here :blink: ... but could I ask how you are able to get the gamecube side of usbloader gx working.
I have about 20 to 30 original gamecube discs and would love to transfer them onto the HDD alongside my Wii games

I've updated usb loader to latest test version r1152 and can see the gamecube filter in the menu, I'm not sure how to, or even if usb loader can rip/backup the games I have ?
Would love to fire up Bloody Roar & Burnout 2 from the HDD the same way for Wii games

..... EDIT: Looking thru posts here and I can see that it's a very new feature ... any info/tutorials would be v appreciated :yay:
gamecube games require an SD card to run them from as dios mios lite doesnt support usb loading for gamecube games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's used in the game information screen (press 2 or select "detail" on the game launching prompt).
If you have the Full Cover (not full DVD), you will see a 3D game box, you can zoom and turn it around like you want.

ducksick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying the +DML version, Do I need to actually need to install DML or is in the boot.dol? Launching any GC game goes to blank and rests to wii home screen. Any suggestions or Noob instructions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi