• Views 7,237,584
  • Replies 29,379
  • Likes 48

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, why can't i rename the games? I type the name i want and its still the old name ( it doesnt save), tried with wiitb option and without but it doesnt help =/
Hmm.. imma install the latest channel of usb loader gx and see if that helps.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Comments should be a good idea in WIP files, because ofgame name for instance
wink.gif

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Well the format from NeoGamma is:
8 characters offset, then you can insert anything you want, space, old value, anything you want, space, new value, end of line

Did you write your own code to parse it? Does your code support comments starting with '#' or ';'?

Anyways, since you didn't copy my code, i'm going to change the .wip files i have to your format to silence the mob.

Yup added comments support though only for '#'. I'll add ';' on next commit.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok =/ It still doesnt rename the games. With the newest channel of usb loader gx. Tried wiitdb - on and wiitb- off. No luck =/
Anyone know how to get it working?

Using fat 32 partition. Sandisk 2GB SD card.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still get no game working with GX since rev927 and cios rev19 (38 as base) ... All I see is the gui and the game list. when i click on anything, no popup windows appear, but gui frezzes...

That is posted some times on google code, but no solution....

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
after updating to 934,.. it refuses to load any games .. just black screens (reverting to 929 fixed that)

I Think that r921 (and so r934) was based on HERMES V4 only so if you have installed HERMES V5 it might explained the balck screen.

I got this behaviour too and I desinstalled HERMES V5 and reinstalled HERMES V4 and it is ok now (with r934)

This is on a FAT32 partition with CIOS 249 rev 17.

regards

Olivier

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OlivierTheBest said:
QUOTE said:
after updating to 934,.. it refuses to load any games .. just black screens (reverting to 929 fixed that)

I Think that r921 (and so r934) was based on HERMES V4 only so if you have installed HERMES V5 it might explained the balck screen.

I got this behaviour too and I desinstalled HERMES V5 and reinstalled HERMES V4 and it is ok now (with r934)

This is on a FAT32 partition with CIOS 249 rev 17.

regards

Olivier
Heh, sorry 'bout that, but Olivier is totally right. We have to redo the Hermes v5 support.

Kira99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
D34DL1N3R said:
The wip patch info for PoP is on the last page. Just make a txt file with that info in it and save it as xxxxx.wip, where xxxxx is the games title id & put it in sd:/wip/

So for PoP, I make a txt file with only this info?:
unsure.gif

007AAC6A 7A6B6F6A 6F6A7A6B
007AAC75 7C7A6939 69397C7A

And save as game id.wip and put into sd:/wip/

Man I had a feeling it was just a txt file...

How does this work? For the 2 lines of code, does GX check the first line, and if it matches it then replaces with the 2nd line of code?

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Kira99 said:
D34DL1N3R said:
The wip patch info for PoP is on the last page. Just make a txt file with that info in it and save it as xxxxx.wip, where xxxxx is the games title id & put it in sd:/wip/

unsure.gif

How does this work? For the 2 lines of code, does GX check the first line, and if it matches it then replaces with the 2nd line of code?

No.

GX looks at any WIP file with IDgame in name.
IE : your game have "XCRF6E" as ID, it looks at "XCRF6E.WIP" file.

Each line is a patch : 1st group is memory adress, second are data to find and if found 3rd group is data to replace with
smile.gif

And next line after
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kira99 said:
D34DL1N3R said:

unsure.gif

You are missing a couple of lines. See this issue at the Wiiflow google code page. It contains the complete patch: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/de...can=1&q=wip

This tells the usb loader to patch address xxx (first column), where the original data is yyy (second column), and change the data to zzz (third column).

falvesjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
You are missing a couple of lines. See this issue at the Wiiflow google code page. It contains the complete patch: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/de...can=1&q=wip
Does this patch work with the RPWZ41 version of the game? The Wiiflow thread above mentions the SPXP41 version, which I guess is the PAL version. If not, does anyone have the wip patch for the RPWZ41 version?

UPDATE: I guess I just answered my own question... I found a post on WiiHacks that has links to the wip patches for both versions and the patches are the same, just named with the correct game ID.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The patch is the same for all the 3 version of the game.
SPXP, RPWX, RPWZ

No more wip file needed for POP, it's included in GX, like Mario.
just play your game with the rev935
tongue.gif

But if a .wip file is found, it will be used intead.

Thank Dimok for that.

falvesjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! Thanks to all the kind souls that provide us with these great tools!
yaywii.gif

Just one tiny question... Where do I get the r935 version? I don't see it on the project page... Ah, it's there now!

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I have the RPWZ version, and I had already placed an RPWX WIP file on my card before r935 came out.

I then updated to r935, but when I try load the game my Wii resets.

Any ideas?

It works fine in NeoGamma R9 Beta 13

Thanks

falvesjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Cyan, r935 doesn't need a wip file anymore. The patch is built-in to the loader. But if you do have a wip file for it, it will use the wip patch instead of the built-in one. My guess is that either your wip file is damaged or incorrect or it's a bug in r935. I used r935 without a wip file and PoP works perfectly.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Nope, I removed the WIP and NeoGamma folders from my card, then booted GX and changed PoP's settings back to Default (249, no 002 fix, disc default video mode, no Video patch, etc), and still it just reboots my Wii.

I don't think the WIP file was incorrect, because as I said the game boots fine in NeoGamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...