• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

pochingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dimok,
I agree with you, this dol is getting out of control, it will be better to drop it and start again from a good working dol.
remember my problem with the theme main screen background, I decided yesterday to return to r883 and "walla", main window background returns.
but with that revision when I enter into the sound option screen it crashes, but OK I can live with it.

Im using ios 249 (cios38 rev 17), and ios 222 (hermes rev 4) loading by default with ios 222, my wii is in firmware 3.0U, my wii language is spanish, if this helps you detetect anything.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
I just went back to rev881 this must be before you put the format button into the settings window i have been trying every thing and its working hasnt dumped frozen excepts all changes and boots from any cios i choose

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was no actual tweak. I just needed to know if my compiled version would be any different from the official compiled version (from buildbot).

Alright. We decided to revert the whole shit back to 883. No more no HDD anymore. It's just too much trouble.

EDIT:

Actually after checking the dump from cobleman (thx) i found out it was caused by the Music. So i want to test something before reverting. I'll post in a few mins a new Testversion.

EDIT 2:

Ok here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n2mwnzmkhty

Please test it to see if its any better. Also i would welcome someone with problems with this rev on IRC in about 10-15mins to still do some tests (maybe we can still rescue it).

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
I deleted all config files the only thing i found was the return to wii menu button if you click on wii menu it takes you to HBC and in the Homebrew launcher i only tested a couple but i was getting a stack dump with Bootmii config 2.4 but that could be i dont have a bootmii folder on my test SD card
But everything else was booting fine
Time for bed

koolmoed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the R895, wii 4.1, wiikey2. Seems to work fine, but I cannot go back to system menu, goes back to homebrew menu.

Not a huge deal. Can someone post the R883.wad file. I can only find the .dol.

Thanks

waltersenekal

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All
I am new to USB loaded have V4.2 FW on Wii
When load into USBloader I get white screen on top (it does not show my games)?
I can see the HDD(120Gb Seagate 2.5") from Geexbox when I format with FAT32
I use WBFS Manager 3.0 to format to WBFS (set active and primary)
I load 2 games on
Then I load WBFS drive with Wii Game Manager and I acan see the 2 games
then I go to Wii and start USB loader it says waiting for slow HDD
Then I switch WII off plug HDD in and start USB loader again, and again I get only white background?
Can somebody please help me?

Thanks
Walter

leo_bsb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all.

The grid view on my wii just show one line and I have 224 games on a 500GB hdd.
How can I change that to view more games on the grid view? I'm using the latest revision updated from the loader and my hdd is NTFS formated.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
waltersenekal said:
Hi All
I am new to USB loaded have V4.2 FW on Wii
When load into USBloader I get white screen on top (it does not show my games)?
I can see the HDD(120Gb Seagate 2.5") from Geexbox when I format with FAT32
I use WBFS Manager 3.0 to format to WBFS (set active and primary)
I load 2 games on
Then I load WBFS drive with Wii Game Manager and I acan see the 2 games
then I go to Wii and start USB loader it says waiting for slow HDD
Then I switch WII off plug HDD in and start USB loader again, and again I get only white background?
Can somebody please help me?

Thanks
Walter

WOW excellent way to not tell us any information.....

What version of USB loader GX do you have??
What Cios are you using???
Do you have Hermes???
Do you have Waninkoko's?? and if so what version???
What type hard drive???
Have you tried it with any other loader in case your drive is not compatible???
Are you using the correct USB port???

pochingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK Dimok i tried your last dol and this is what I get.

First it crashed at boot time (check the first crash screen).
then I delete all config and tdb files and it loads. then I checked it changing screens and checking all options and it crashed in a random way, sometimes at update checks, sometimes at credit screen, and so on, this crashes always return me to the wii menu. check the second crash dump.

then I download a theme and applyit inmediatly and you cansee what is happening to me when I apply themes with your dols. in the main screen no background but in the options menu no problem with it.

then I reboot your dol now with a theme loaded and it crashes with the same first crash.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYBZ7CEV

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3NZJHXC

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YR923ZE6

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SKTGLWHH

Hope this will hwlp you to understand what is going on,
Good luck

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
Well it is starting to piss me off than. I just did a really extensive test with one user for this version yesterday and he confirmed that everything is working good. Now many users are reporting it not to work. I did the same before with another user for a previous rev who confirmed everything working.

I am getting fed up with this and thinking about reverting everything to R883 and just drop the whole no HDD startup shit. It's really annoying and time consuming and all that for nothing.

hey bud,

Do not tell me we spent 4 hours for nothing..... and do not forget about
grog.gif
when I get down there, it is on me.

BTW I install this dol on a 2nd wii and both work withoun any problems, I even downloaded of the server (as the one you worked on was at 895) rev896 and I have no problems with it on both wiis.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is the only way to use 2 Partitions on the same HDD both full of games and both WBFS do u have to use 222/223? cuz it dont seem to work with 249

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scuba156 said:
dimok said:
I need to confirm something guys so please could you test this version here and tell me if it is any different for you from R896:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CB3CVPFH
Crashes with a code dump for me like rev896. If you want a stack dump, let me know and ill post it

Did you try to boot it a 2nd time?

For some reason did the same thing with me at first start-up (delete wiitdb and config files from your config dir before you do this test) but started working without any more problems after 2nd start -up. Just FYI I am running 896 of the google page and I have two wiis 2 4.1U running it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think