• Likes 48

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xah said:
Info: Updated today from r843 to r866

Why doesn't any cheat works on r866 ? Do I have to do something?

Me too.

BTW, a while back I reported that my friend's wii would freeze if he tried to run a game with Ocarina on. I discovered that it only happened if he used the channel loader. If he ran USB Loader GX from the HBC, it worked fine. He just sold his wii, so I have no idea if the new channel loader would have made a difference.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xah said:
Why doesn't any cheat works on r866 ? Do I have to do something?

helpme said:
same here i updated & my cheats stopped working so ive gone back to an old version

QUOTE(hdhacker @ Dec 22 2009, 09:05 PM)
Me too.

That issue is fixed in 874. We are updating our update server now...

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug (at least for me) for versions R864 and up...

If you select the GUI option that allows you to have multiple rows of covers and choose let's say 2 rows, then in the past the program would remember what you chose last and bring that up. For these latter versions, only 1 row of covers comes up on startup no matter what you do. I reported this on Googlecode site and no one has responded or indicated that they have the same issue, so I am wondering if anyone else has this issue... I like having 2 rows of covers (the covers aren't too big or too small and you can see many of them at once) and don't feel like dealing with changing the setting every time I load the program if I can just use R863 for the time being (which is what I do).

Anyone?

xah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IlluminiX said:
Bug (at least for me) for versions R864 and up...

If you select the GUI option that allows you to have multiple rows of covers and choose let's say 2 rows, then in the past the program would remember what you chose last and bring that up. For these latter versions, only 1 row of covers comes up on startup no matter what you do. I reported this on Googlecode site and no one has responded or indicated that they have the same issue, so I am wondering if anyone else has this issue... I like having 2 rows of covers (the covers aren't too big or too small and you can see many of them at once) and don't feel like dealing with changing the setting every time I load the program if I can just use R863 for the time being (which is what I do).

Anyone?

Yep, same here. Like you said, I also prefere 2 rows, but it doesn't remember it
frown.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there,

Lemme first start out by saying that I've been using USB Loader GX for quite some time now, and I'm very happy with it. Combined with a priiloader forwarder, it allows me to enter a new realm of lazyness while it impresses friends at the same time (life can't get much better, if you ask me
wink2.gif
).

However...as of lately, I've been wondering if I can expand my being lazy by getting a feature to work which - for some reason - simply didn't work. I'm talking about the homebrew launcher.
Simply put: it doesn't work. The homebrew's there, but every time I try to load something, it goes into a black screen and freezes.

This wasn't so much of a biggy to me. There was (and is) so much activity going on I'm almost afraid to say I use the latest version because it'll be probably outdated by the time I'm done with this post (it's 866, IIRC). So I figured you'd get around to it whenever you felt like it.

However...that's when I discovered this thread. Making ISO's that forward to homebrew, wiiware or VC? Hot damn! That way I can get even lazier by creating a "game" that consists purely of homebrew apps! No more having to quit to the HBC every time I want to get nostalgic with my monochrome gameboy! W00t!
grog.gif

...except that despite the efforts of everyone in that thread to allow me to start a game with even LESS mouseclicks, I got that same black screen I got at the homebrew launcher thingy.
unsure.gif

Even stranger is this: these very same forwarder ISO thingumies work fine in configurable usb loader. Furthermore, I did some searching (both here and on the "issues" page, but found remarkably few people with the same issue (neither this issue nor this guy who mentioned something similar got responses that pointed me to something I haven't done yet).

So basically...is this "I can't start homebrew stuff" a known issue? Am I missing something basic? Are there settings I haven't tried yet?
And in fact: is the problem of not being able to use the homebrew launcher related to the one where these forwarder iso's refuse to work?

I hope you guys can give me some insight in things.
smile.gif

My settings:

-wii 4.0 (PAL)
-HBC 1.0.6 (bootmii als boot2)
-priiloader 0.2
-IOS38 rev14 (tried 15...didn't solve things)
-Hermes IOS 222/223 rev4 (not sure whether they're 37merge36 and 38merge36, but I think so)
-FAT32-formatted WD 'My passport essential' hard disk (note: the Homebrew launcher issue goes back to when I stil had it as a split WBFS / FAT32)
-USB Loader GX 866...I think (I updated yesterday)
-some bit of trucha signing, but no CiosCorp injection or safe-guided updating done (I don't mess with things when they work fine the way they do)

Once again: the very same ISO forwarders work in configurable usb loader, so I kinda doubt the problem is on that end (and besides, I tried just about all video mode settings and IOS'es to be used).

Extra note: Upon starting, it gives that message of trying to load IOS236, fails, then goes back to IOS60...or something along those lines (those messages go by so fast it's hard to keep up. I read somewhere it had something to do with trucha-signing).

Thanx for the replies...
smile.gif

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to post a bug I found. Maybe it has been posted 1,000 times, maybe never, but at least I'm trying to do my part
smile.gif

I had a lot of friends that updated their USB Loader GX to the newest version call me (I am of course tech support now for everyone!) that USB Loader is crashing on them like mad. Sometimes it doesn't even load. Sometimes they scroll through their list of games and that's when it crashed. Figuring I had a few dopey friends who just accidentally removed their SD card or something, I come to realize what is happening. USB Loader is sometimes downloading coverart that is corrupt, and when the image tries to load, it crashes. This never happened on old versions (in my experience). I figured this out because on one friend's system, it would only crash when I got halfway down his list. It turns out he just installed Game Party, so I load up the SD card on my PC and sure enough that image is corrupt. I deleted it and his USB Loader GX never crashed again (by the way I re-downloaded that image and it worked fine so obviously the corrupted boxart is just random). Just thought I'd bring it up since I seemed to have figured out the cause for the crashes.

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I had some problem with the loader, it freeze at some points depending on the format it looks.
So I delete all the config file from my SD, install the latest channel available and dowload via the update from the loader to R866.

At first start, it looks OK, i browse the game, download covers, go in the config, etc. Then I wanna change the display to put all the covers from left to right, then after on click on the +, I have a dump code !

Again, that for all ur hard works !

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Hi there,

Lemme first start out by saying that I've been using USB Loader GX for quite some time now, and I'm very happy with it. Combined with a priiloader forwarder, it allows me to enter a new realm of lazyness while it impresses friends at the same time (life can't get much better, if you ask me
wink2.gif
).

However...as of lately, I've been wondering if I can expand my being lazy by getting a feature to work which - for some reason - simply didn't work. I'm talking about the homebrew launcher.
Simply put: it doesn't work. The homebrew's there, but every time I try to load something, it goes into a black screen and freezes.

This wasn't so much of a biggy to me. There was (and is) so much activity going on I'm almost afraid to say I use the latest version because it'll be probably outdated by the time I'm done with this post (it's 866, IIRC). So I figured you'd get around to it whenever you felt like it.

However...that's when I discovered this thread. Making ISO's that forward to homebrew, wiiware or VC? Hot damn! That way I can get even lazier by creating a "game" that consists purely of homebrew apps! No more having to quit to the HBC every time I want to get nostalgic with my monochrome gameboy! W00t!
grog.gif

...except that despite the efforts of everyone in that thread to allow me to start a game with even LESS mouseclicks, I got that same black screen I got at the homebrew launcher thingy.
unsure.gif

Even stranger is this: these very same forwarder ISO thingumies work fine in configurable usb loader. Furthermore, I did some searching (both here and on the "issues" page, but found remarkably few people with the same issue (neither this issue nor this guy who mentioned something similar got responses that pointed me to something I haven't done yet).

So basically...is this "I can't start homebrew stuff" a known issue? Am I missing something basic? Are there settings I haven't tried yet?
And in fact: is the problem of not being able to use the homebrew launcher related to the one where these forwarder iso's refuse to work?

I hope you guys can give me some insight in things.
smile.gif

My settings:

-wii 4.0 (PAL)
-HBC 1.0.6 (bootmii als boot2)
-priiloader 0.2
-IOS38 rev14 (tried 15...didn't solve things)
-Hermes IOS 222/223 rev4 (not sure whether they're 37merge36 and 38merge36, but I think so)
-FAT32-formatted WD 'My passport essential' hard disk (note: the Homebrew launcher issue goes back to when I stil had it as a split WBFS / FAT32)
-USB Loader GX 866...I think (I updated yesterday)
-some bit of trucha signing, but no CiosCorp injection or safe-guided updating done (I don't mess with things when they work fine the way they do)

Once again: the very same ISO forwarders work in configurable usb loader, so I kinda doubt the problem is on that end (and besides, I tried just about all video mode settings and IOS'es to be used).

Extra note: Upon starting, it gives that message of trying to load IOS236, fails, then goes back to IOS60...or something along those lines (those messages go by so fast it's hard to keep up. I read somewhere it had something to do with trucha-signing).

Thanx for the replies...
smile.gif
I got the same error Sounds stupid but this worked for me, try unpluging your HD while its counting down, and plug it back in, seemed to work for me and you'll only need to do this once, atleast i did.

Offtopic?

Weres the option to change hook types for wiird codes, some games requires newer hooktypes and i can't find the option thanks

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BlackAce83 said:
I got the same error Sounds stupid but this worked for me, try unpluging your HD while its counting down, and plug it back in, seemed to work for me and you'll only need to do this once, atleast i did.
I've gotten more stupid solutions to work in my time.

Alas...this isn't one of those times. Unplugging/replugging didn't work (besides...if it's plugged in, it doesn't count down).
unsure.gif

But where launching from ISO's still completely black screens, I've actually gotten some progress with the homebrew launcher: it seems that it adds ALL .dol files it can find in the designated folder. Including all subfolders and files that aren't named "boot.dol". This was kinda the solution to my problem, as I have a habit of keeping old versions around for downgrade purposes. That also explains why e.g. USB Loader GX was there 4 times (boot.dol, boot v511.dol and a couple other ones). Once I started clearing those extra dols out of those folders, I've actually gotten things to work.

...though it doesn't seem to load configuration files (same goes for the iso's in configurable usb loader, as I found out). Darn...not there yet. But at least there's progress.

Thanx for the reply.
smile.gif

Dblast

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
My problem is usb loader gx don't detect games when I put them on a ntfs or fat32 partition ( I converted them in wbfs properly ). But when I manage to format my usb drive in wbfs (with the right tool) and to transfer a game with the manager it works, but the same game failed in other partition format...
I didn't see anyone on the net complaining with this particular issue...
I don't understand I must have missed something... Can someone clear things out for me ?

Once again, when in wbfs partition it works but when in ntfs or fat, the disk is recognised by usb loader gx but any game I put into the drive with wbfs file won't be detected...

Any help apreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I use the 874 version it should be compatible

Dblast

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I reformatted the usb drive, reinstalled the game in wbfs directory and active directories in setting and now it works...

Does it means fat32 and ntfs must have games in wbfs directories?

EDIT: Ah I forgot, before retrying I also removed all files present in config directory maybe that helped...

bhs0432

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new at the Wii Soft modding.... i am trying to install the GUIUSBLoader r96.wad but i keep getting the ERROR! (ret=-2011) message. I have the 4.2U fwand i am using WAD Manager v1.5. Can anyone help me out? is there a specific IOS i need to use?

Ok well i tried some stuff and got it to install..... but now when i try to open the usb loader channel it just goes to a black screen and never loads. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone