• Likes 48

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
r-win said:
Then submit a patch, it's open source.

I've no problem with that, apart from time as I said (christmas and all that, I'm sure you know the problem). Once I've hooked up the USB Gecko to windows 7, I might be more inclinded to fix the crashes I'm getting as well.

As an outsider it's hard to know whether you're wasting your time by submitting patches as for all I know someone is completely rewriting the part that I'd want to change. Which is why I thought I'd mention it first.

r-win said:
Edit: Now that I think about loading the config from the boot device, I think we already do that. We might as well add some small checks there, so that only for people without a config file, the checks are done. We could also check if the drive works with default libogc, and TRY to load the config file, before running the checks. This will only execute these checks the first time for most people, and always for people with an incompatible drive.

In the case of an incompatible drive, I assume they can't have booted from the drive (or can it be compatible with the forwarder/hbc and not with libogc?).
So they are probably running from an SD card, and the config ( at least which IOS to use ) can be stored there. If they are running from nand then it's trickier, a game save maybe?

r-win said:
I also still think that using cios 236 is NOT a bad idea. People who softmod their wii and use a newer guide, will have 236 installed, instead of a patched 36. Maybe we *could* inverse the check, first use 36, if that fails, use 236.

Anyone following those guides is going to have CIOS 249 as well. It's only people that don't follow the guides or have just upgraded without removing the stubs that could ever benefit.
If Nintendo look at the guides and see that 236 is being installed, then you're going to be back at square one.

QUOTE(r-win @ Dec 10 2009, 12:59 PM)
And last thought: I don't like the way these discussions are going. Having a constructive thread is more useful than flaming.

yes, I don't have a problem with that.

wiiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r-win said:
wiiesel said:
now i have another problem that is surely related to the other one.

when i want to update, the loader tells me "console locked, please unlock...."
and when i try to change the gameload settings he tells me the same

the parental control in my wii is off....i dont know what to do
That one is easy: USB GX has it's own parental control. You can find it in the settings, where you can also unlock it. The default password is aabbaa (I think). The parental control settings of the wii are not used yet, but I have a version in test (expect a commit tonight), which will use them.

thx for your help but this was not the problem.
the parental control in my loader is also off.

i have a strange problem here:

when i turn on my wii and plug in my hdd device and start the usb loader (in that order)

1.) all my covers are gone
2.) i cant update because he tells me "console is locked"
3.) the loader doesnt recognize my sd card

when i start the usb loader at first and plug in my hdd at the time the screen with "waiting for your slow usb device.." appears everything is ok.

thats weird.......maybe some1 can help me

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm having a problem with r850 on a Wii that isn't mine where it loads background music and the menu (without any buttons), and the finger cursor, but nothing else.

It doesn't seem to want to look for games in the hard drive, but the same drive worked fine in my wii yesterday.
All the games are there according to WBFS Manager.
Anybody have any good ideas?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
That was the first thing I thought of. Same situation.

In the text before the gui loads, it says "WBFS .... " Then 0 and the rest flashes as the gui without ui loads.

edit: Is there a chance of you uploading or pasting a config where wbfs is the default load, so I can give it a try?

prostovanka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for Help.
smile.gif
keep up good work.

Posts merged

slicer74 said:
Is it better to use a Fat or WBFS partition ?

I had my HD in Fat and WBFS wouldnt format it. I had to format to NTFS then formated in WBFS and worked great.

This is awesome how it downloads the 3D Game covers using your wifi connection

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think that was a fluke, wbfs should be able to format a fat32 partition/drive no problems (don't forget that there are at least 7 programs that can do that for u on windows alone, so if one doesn't work for u, try another)

I prefer fat32, just because u can have homebrew and games without having to partition anything, u can transfer .wbfs file to another fat32 drive using explorer... u wont have windows asking you to format the wbfs partition (because it can't read it).

only downside is that Fat32 is a little slow with USB loader gx, but configurable load is very speedy with it... I'm sure usb loader gx wont be too far behind.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I Highly recommend to use fat 32 partition for game cauz my WBFS partition wasnt able to be read anymore with any tool (wbfs manager,...) on my pc, still working on Wii tought.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the next revision change the ocarina feature so that it reads the first 6 letter of the text file to get the ID, so that I can put the game's name after the ID?

right now it's only accepting just game ID as file name and it's hard to manage them.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably not. this is the naming scheme for every app that uses gct files. since the dawn of time, when adam and eve played wii, they had ID6.gct files. we cant break tradition, and apparently we dont know how to code. we'll just have to wait for the 2 geniuses on the last page to tell us how to do it.

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo whats up, havnt been around the forums for a while. I also havent updated my USB Loader GX in months. I'm looking around the google code site for it but I can't find some kind of big changelist for it, anyone know where I can find one? I wanted to know what has been added since when I last updated. One of the most recent things that was added in the release I have was the channel music when you select a game.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChiboSempai said:
I'm looking around the google code site for it but I can't find some kind of big changelist for it, anyone know where I can find one?
You'll have to look into the source code comments for that. Go to the sources tab, and read the comments on every revision.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
giantpune said:
probably not. this is the naming scheme for every app that uses gct files. since the dawn of time, when adam and eve played wii, they had ID6.gct files. we cant break tradition, and apparently we dont know how to code. we'll just have to wait for the 2 geniuses on the last page to tell us how to do it.

If you like.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
smf said:
giantpune said:

If you like.
smile.gif

I do agree with pune. Of course we *could* do that, but every other loader out there doesn't. So that means you'll loose compatibility with other loaders.

wiiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiiesel said:
r-win said:
wiiesel said:
now i have another problem that is surely related to the other one.

when i want to update, the loader tells me "console locked, please unlock...."
and when i try to change the gameload settings he tells me the same

the parental control in my wii is off....i dont know what to do
That one is easy: USB GX has it's own parental control. You can find it in the settings, where you can also unlock it. The default password is aabbaa (I think). The parental control settings of the wii are not used yet, but I have a version in test (expect a commit tonight), which will use them.

thx for your help but this was not the problem.
the parental control in my loader is also off.

i have a strange problem here:

when i turn on my wii and plug in my hdd device and start the usb loader (in that order)

1.) all my covers are gone
2.) i cant update because he tells me "console is locked"
3.) the loader doesnt recognize my sd card

when i start the usb loader at first and plug in my hdd at the time the screen with "waiting for your slow usb device.." appears everything is ok.

thats weird.......maybe some1 can help me

any help for my problem???

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
all you're doing is editing someone else's code right? Anybody could do that. I mean, smf and mousex are both fully competent coders...at least they act like they are. i'm sure they both have their own USB Loaders in developement and I'm sure they will be 100 times better than GX!
In my opinion custom channels based on cfg are 100 times better, yes. And this works great because I'm not such a fucking 500+ games pirate but just made channels for my original games which are on a HDD.
QUOTE(giantpune @ Dec 11 2009, 03:24 AM) and apparently we dont know how to code. we'll just have to wait for the 2 geniuses on the last page to tell us how to do it.
OMFG, how can so many people be butt hurt just because two people made suggestions? What do you wanna do? Stop developing? Who cares, your loader can do nothing that others can't.

@r-win: Thanks for the explanation. Not many people here are as mature as you are.
GBAtemp ist just a ... forum and so many people here are immature that I lowered my niveau
tongue.gif
On a real forum I would have asked in a different way.

speedi

Trophies
XP
Country
how many games can you install on a 1TB disk, so that usbloader can see .

i have installed 350 games and the disk wil show nothing, i removed 30 games and the disk is playable.

now i have 300GB free, how can i used this?

please help

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
Another thing about that FAT/WBFS thing.

It said that u need gametitle.wbfs in the FAT partition to be recognize, do we have simply to change .iso to .wbfs or we need a tool to convert correctly the file ?

Also, using WBFS manager, the file is shrink to it's minimum size, will it be the same thing for .wbfs file in the FAT partition ?

Thanks for all the help.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
slicer74 said:
Another thing about that FAT/WBFS thing.

It said that u need gametitle.wbfs in the FAT partition to be recognize, do we have simply to change .iso to .wbfs or we need a tool to convert correctly the file ?

Also, using WBFS manager, the file is shrink to it's minimum size, will it be the same thing for .wbfs file in the FAT partition ?

Thanks for all the help.
Jesus christ I'm amazed at the amount of effort people put into reading some appropriate documentation / readmes / faqs...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0