Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
slicer74 said:
Another thing about that FAT/WBFS thing.

It said that u need gametitle.wbfs in the FAT partition to be recognize, do we have simply to change .iso to .wbfs or we need a tool to convert correctly the file ?

Also, using WBFS manager, the file is shrink to it's minimum size, will it be the same thing for .wbfs file in the FAT partition ?

Thanks for all the help.
Jesus christ I'm amazed at the amount of effort people put into reading some appropriate documentation / readmes / faqs...

+1

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
smf said:
giantpune said:
probably not. this is the naming scheme for every app that uses gct files. since the dawn of time, when adam and eve played wii, they had ID6.gct files. we cant break tradition, and apparently we dont know how to code. we'll just have to wait for the 2 geniuses on the last page to tell us how to do it.

If you like.
smile.gif

I do agree with pune. Of course we *could* do that, but every other loader out there doesn't. So that means you'll loose compatibility with other loaders.
I don't mean the GCT file, I mean the text file that you can select the individual code to create the said GCT file. I just want to be able to name the text to be more than the 6 digit ID.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saving that txt file as anything other than the ID6 would require that we have yet another setting to save and load for each game. we cant save it as simply "whatever the name of the game is" because then we would be forced to rename it when somebody renamed a game. and what if they didnt want it renamed, but only to rename the game? and by the way we save settings for every game in the same file, we would be writing another setting for all 500+ games people have when most people wouldnt even use this setting.

you can, however, just double click on the txt file and it should tell you the name of the game it's for. if it doesnt, you can follow the syntax for that ant it should add the name to the beginning of the file without rendering it broken.

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
slicer74 said:

It said that u need gametitle.wbfs in the FAT partition to be recognize, do we have simply to change .iso to .wbfs or we need a tool to convert correctly the file ?

Also, using WBFS manager, the file is shrink to it's minimum size, will it be the same thing for .wbfs file in the FAT partition ?

Thanks for all the help.
Jesus christ I'm amazed at the amount of effort people put into reading some appropriate documentation / readmes / faqs...

It would had take you the same time to respond with the correct answear, but for ur own godness, i had already look there without founding the answear. So maybe i look at the wrong place.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm looking at some of the Ocarina code and I'm confused about one thing...

In the fst.c file, the do_sd_code function is:

u32 do_sd_code(bool verboseLog, char *filename)

It's expecting a boolean and a string when it's called. But in the fst.h:

u32 do_sd_code(char *filename);

so the boolean isn't listed. Whenever the procedure is called, there's no boolean ever specified.

Obviously, it works, but I thought C couldn't do overloading?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hdhacker said:
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm looking at some of the Ocarina code and I'm confused about one thing...

In the fst.c file, the do_sd_code function is:

u32 do_sd_code(bool verboseLog, char *filename)

It's expecting a boolean and a string when it's called. But in the fst.h:

u32 do_sd_code(char *filename);

so the boolean isn't listed. Whenever the procedure is called, there's no boolean ever specified.

Obviously, it works, but I thought C couldn't do overloading?
Well, this isn't a stupid question actually, you are right and wrong here. You are right about the fact that this is not valid code. You will get an unresolved external function here when linking, since you define a function with another signature. You are wrong, because the fst.c file defines the do_sd_code function also with only a char * argument.
We don't have the function with the boolean argument, are you not looking through the code of another loader? Specially since we have no verbose logging whatsoever!

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:
slicer74 said:

Thanks for all the help.

Allright, stay friendly guys
smile.gif

QUOTE(slicer74 @ Dec 11 2009, 11:11 PM)
It would had take you the same time to respond with the correct answear, but for ur own godness, i had already look there without founding the answear. So maybe i look at the wrong place.
Well, at least you tried! But no, it's not there, I think that the FAQ is a bit outdated. Actually, there are two ways. One is using a commandline tool by Oggzee (wbfs_file). The other one is using a Windows GUI application (Wii Backup Manager). You cannot change the extension, since that just won't work.

The WBFS file is some kind of trick. It contains a WBFS partition, with exactly one game. Therefor, the behavior is identical to the WBFS partition. So yes, games are shrinked, if you want them to be.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
Well, this isn't a stupid question actually, you are right and wrong here. You are right about the fact that this is not valid code. You will get an unresolved external function here when linking, since you define a function with another signature. You are wrong, because the fst.c file defines the do_sd_code function also with only a char * argument.
We don't have the function with the boolean argument, are you not looking through the code of another loader? Specially since we have no verbose logging whatsoever!

I was searching through the google code for rev 843 when I found it. It's possible I ended up looking at a different project because I can't reproduce the function written the way I saw.

I'd better just download the whole thing and look at it locally. Is there any easy way to do that or do I need Subversion?

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone, the Theme Downloader will not work until the new XML feed is implemented into the software. The way it is right now loads up my theme page which runs all the JavaScript etc that is really unnecessary and uses up more bandwidth then is needed, so if its coming from the loader, it will not send back any information. Once the XML feed is in place, it should work just fine. For now if you want themes, please go to the Theme website directly and download the themes for the correct software.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deakphreak said:
Everyone, the Theme Downloader will not work until the new XML feed is implemented into the software. The way it is right now loads up my theme page which runs all the JavaScript etc that is really unnecessary and uses up more bandwidth then is needed, so if its coming from the loader, it will not send back any information. Once the XML feed is in place, it should work just fine. For now if you want themes, please go to the Theme website directly and download the themes for the correct software.

Added in R860. Thank you for helping out with the XML. Something weird happens now though. The downloader looses connection sometimes. I couldn't figure out what it was and i tried other links which worked. Did you change something on your host? timout?

Anyway thanks for your help and hosting the themes.

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
deakphreak said:

Added in R860. Thank you for helping out with the XML. Something weird happens now though. The downloader looses connection sometimes. I couldn't figure out what it was and i tried other links which worked. Did you change something on your host? timout?

Anyway thanks for your help and hosting the themes.

I will take a look and see if I can figure out whats happening. Thank you for getting it implemented, guess you are back into coding again for the loader
smile.gif
I sent some information about the feed to giantpune a while back to get it implemented

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

I can't say that i am back to coding again. Still got lots of stuff to do.

I hope you can find out what is wrong there. I'll also take a look again as soon as i got some free time again.

Also going to add your rating into it i guess. I saw your vote on the site and people seem to like it. Any other whishes on it anyone? theme version? release date? With your XML very easy to implement
smile.gif
, just not enough time to do it.

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
smile.gif

I can't say that i am back to coding again. Still got lots of stuff to do.

I hope you can find out what is wrong there. I'll also take a look again as soon as i got some free time again.

Also going to add your rating into it i guess. I saw your vote on the site and people seem to like it. Any other whishes on it anyone? theme version? release date? With your XML very easy to implement
smile.gif
, just not enough time to do it.

Yea I understand.... I have put in MANY MANY all nighters to get my site where it is currently at and really need to catch up on some sleep. I am happy to code out anything we need to help make the experience better and am open to users ideas which is why I have the poll on my website.... if you see a poll, please take it because I base my next move off of the results. Also the site look could NEVER have been where it is now without the help of jsjar, so BIG THANKS to him!!! When I am thinking of new ideas, I usually check with him first to see if he thinks its a good idea so you are more then welcome to bring ideas to him as well.

You can get images to put in your signature to help promote the theme website, so please do as this site covers more loaders then just USB Loader GX and we really need a unified theme site for all these different softwares out there.

FrostyWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking a cool feature would be to see what accesories each game required to run on the "Disc window". Now you can see it by going over the game and pressing (2), but a neat feature would be little icons underneath the spinning disc for what acessories you needed and could use. For instance Green could be 'need' and Blue could be 'optional'. So something like Tiger Woods 10 would have a Green Wiimote, and a Blue Motion Sensor +. Wiiresort would have a Green Wiimote and a green motion sensor +. A game that had a option, for instance, you could use the wiimote or the classic controller, would have a [Green Wiimote] + [Green Nuncuck] or [Green Classic Controller]. And so on and so forth for Wiimotes, nuncucks, blance boards and motion sensors.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@deakphreak
Alright got it and will do.

About the signature, just send me something and i'll add it. I don't care if it's there or not. Though it won't be of a big use since I am not often in the forums anyway
tongue.gif

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
@deakphreak
Alright got it and will do.

About the signature, just send me something and i'll add it. I don't care if it's there or not. Though it won't be of a big use since I am not often in the forums anyway
tongue.gif

It seemed to work fine but the .rar themes wont extract and not sure if that is supported at all or possible. If not then I will limit the uploads to my site to only be in .zip format. Also after downloading a few .rar's to find out it wasnt supported, I finally found a .zip one and after downloading before it extracted, it crashed.

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've upgraded my system through xzxero's tutorial, now when i try to launch USB Loader GX through homebrew, first i get black screen that says,
"reloading into IOS 236
IOS 236 not found, reloading into 36
starting up
initializing controllers
initializing (usb wake up)... " and so on

what the hell is that, never saw that before i upgraded to 4.2 through the tutorial. does it mean that i need to install IOS236, is there such a IOS???

and none of the games play, for alot of games i also get this message "imet header wrong '', what the hell is that???

im sure some of this stupid questions have already been asked, there just no way i can find the answers in 800 pages, thanks for your patience and help guys,

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rafb said:
"reloading into IOS 236
IOS 236 not found, reloading into 36"

what the hell is that, never saw that before i upgraded to 4.2 through the tutorial. does it mean that i need to install IOS236, is there such a IOS???

and none of the games play, for alot of games i also get this message "imet header wrong '', what the hell is that???

im sure some of this stupid questions have already been asked, there just no way i can find the answers in 800 pages, thanks for your patience and help guys,
That is called console output
smile.gif

It says there that it TRIES to load 236, and if not found, that it'll RELOAD into 36 as backup. So it means you don't need it, since the loader starts anyway. If you read any of the newer guides, you'll notice that they let ppl install a trucha patched ios 36 into 236. Since we need a trucha patched ios to check for cios revisions, we first try 236, followed by a 36. Anyway, in newer revisions the text is gone, unless you start the loader from the HBC. If you read like 2 or 3 pages back, you'll find a discussion with smf and mousex about this subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Pleasure to meet you +1