• Replies 29,378
  • Likes 48

moe24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since the wii has two usb ports is it possible to use two hdd at once in usb loader gx?Just wondering since my 500gig is full and Im planning on buying another ,I dont want to switch hdd everytime .

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it possible to add a setting to disable the 'return to loader' option when exiting?
i've set up my wii to autoboot into the usb-loader (using priiloader), and I don't want them to be able to get into the system menu and hbc

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
Have the file name as ID6 + game name, then use wild card loading. When saving, delete the old one & use the current name.
Patch/Diff or gtfo
tongue.gif

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why eveytime booting usb loader gx it says ios 236 not found reloading ios 36?and what for ios 236

and what is bca?thx

djslip

Trophies
XP
Country
Problems with parental controls - I'm using the latest build of 866.

When i set some games to be aged 18 - then lock the console - the age restricted games disappear (so far so good).

Reboot the wii, and the games are no longer locked.

This was fine with rev 850.

Have even removed usbloader all together, removed ALL files and folders, reinstalled - the same.

The padlock at the top is greyed out and it says that "you don't have parental controls enabled blah blah enable it in the wii." But i have tried that - and no luck.

What is going on?

twistyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello,

i got an wd 500 gb, and i softmod my wii just like in the guide, when i plug my hdd to my wii and go to the usb loader gx(i set my hdd with a partittion with no folder wbfs and no format)so in the usb loader its says that there no fat or wfbs and i select format the drive, it work but when i restart the wii and usb loader the screen became black and nothing happends, any idea???

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gil21 said:
why eveytime booting usb loader gx it says ios 236 not found reloading ios 36?and what for ios 236
Some of the newer guides let ppl install a trucha patched 36 into slot 236. Since we added a check for cios, we need a trucha patched ios. Therefor, we first check 236, then 36.

gil21 said:
and what is bca?thx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burst_Cutting_Area

djslip said:
Problems with parental controls - I'm using the latest build of 866.

When i set some games to be aged 18 - then lock the console - the age restricted games disappear (so far so good).

What is going on?
Yes, well, this is a bug. We added Wii Parental Controls support. So now you can either choose to use the Wii Parental Controls (in the Wii Settings), or the USB GX parental controls. The downside of using GX parental controls, is that the password is stored in the config file. Security through obscurity
tongue.gif

Anyway, the problem is that those two didn't play nice together. That issue is solved in the next revision (which will be committed soon). You can test the next version with the mediafire download posted below (the NTFS version).

QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Dec 17 2009, 03:12 AM)
are there any plans for adding NTFS support onto this loader, just as the Configurable Loader has? thanks
Yes, you can test the NTFS version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?uwzdnhettmz
A commit will be done probably later today.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting a code dump after auto-updating to the latest revision.
I then went back to rev715 and still code dump.
I deleted everything in the config folder.
I tried everything again and still getting dump.

When using channel forwarder,
It says can not find usb device and then goes a couple seconds and code dumps using 249 cios38rev14 choice. It just sits there and never does find the device but does not code dump when choosing 222. It just returns to the Wii menu.

I haven't changed anything with the usb device since all was well about 50 revisions ago. Never really had a problem before.

Everything was working before I updated GX.
Triiforce still works off the USB and still finds all games on it's partition.
I made sure the GX partition is still active.
USB is still in the bottom slot.

3.2u Wii sys menu
HBC updated to 1.0.6
USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad (4.55mb)
249 cios38rev14
222 37merge36
223 38merge36
1tb MAXTOR
750gb GX
250gb Triiforce and storage

So I started checking everything and for some reason my forwarder stopped working because I can get to GX by going through HBC and starting it from there(SD). So, I reinstalled the forwarder and same thing, it won't forward to usb or SD.

Pictures of code dumps below:

r715
DSC00132.jpg

Latest auto-update revision
DSC00118.jpg

OK, So I went and downloaded the USB Loader GX-ULNR-r600.wad and this worked. It will now get me into the GX menu and works fine. My problem is solved.

Forgive the noob post if it is one, but I did fix my own problem I just thought I would post it so others can learn from what happen to me.

Can anyone please explain to me why I ran into this just so I can learn from this. Did I miss something along the way. It's been a while since I came to the GX thread.

P.S. I thought I would add a little phone video of what my menu looks like. I worked kinda hard on it. Sorry for the bad quality vid, but it looks pretty good on my 1080p HDTV.
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
twistyboy said:
hello,

i got an wd 500 gb, and i softmod my wii just like in the guide, when i plug my hdd to my wii and go to the usb loader gx(i set my hdd with a partittion with no folder wbfs and no format)so in the usb loader its says that there no fat or wfbs and i select format the drive, it work but when i restart the wii and usb loader the screen became black and nothing happends, any idea???
Try to format the HDD using WBFS Manager. Alternatively, you can format the drive as fat32 or NTFS, and use Wii Backup Manager to put your games on the drive. If you decide to use NTFS, you'll need the test revision of USB GX, which you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?uwzdnhettmz

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChokeD said:
PROBLEM IS FIXED, but I thought I would post cause I don't know why it happen.

I haven't changed anything with the usb device since all was well about 50 revisions ago. Never really had a problem before.

r715
*Picture removed *

Latest auto-update revision
*Picture removed *

OK, So I went and downloaded the USB Loader GX-ULNR-r600.wad and this worked. It will now get me into the GX menu and works fine. My problem is solved.

Can anyone please explain to me why I ran into this just so I can learn from this. Did I miss something along the way. It's been a while since I came to the GX thread.
It seems to me the picture of r715 is incorrect. The stackdump is exactly the same, while the source code of both versions is completely different. Both giving the same stackdump, would be a miracle
tongue.gif

Anyway, back to the topic. By "latest revision", I think you mean 843, which is the latest version. The latest revision is now at 866, but you didn't use that one (according to the stackdump). The issue you have is a common one, to which we have no clue, nor a solution. It crashes at a call to mkdir, which we don't do at that point in the code. Therefor, this is still a mystery. You could help out, if you have time
tongue.gif
Join us in the IRC channel then.

Last note: I don't think reverting to an ancient version can be called a fix. It could be a workaround, but not a nice one IMO. Of course I understand that you are just glad it works
smile.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what fixed it was replacing the forwarder.wad not going back to an old version of GX. The "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad" stopped working and I had to uninstall it and install the "USB Loader GX-ULNR-r600.wad", only then did it all function properly. I am on the latest auto-network update you might say.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChokeD said:
Well what fixed it was replacing the forwarder.wad not going back to an old version of GX. The "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad" stopped working and I had to uninstall it and install the "USB Loader GX-ULNR-r600.wad", only then did it all function properly.
Yes, so you went back to an ancient version, since UNEO is the forwarder, and ULNR is the full channel.

Question: are you using a HDD which is fully partitioned as WBFS? Or do you use an SD card?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 partitions

1 ntsf and 1 wbfs

yes i have an sd but wasn't loading the sd with the channel I WAS forwarding to USB. ( I thought ) of course until I went with the r600 which I understand is a full channel. hmm well, I guess I did go back in revs if I'm using the 600 now didn't I. !

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChokeD said:
2 partitions

1 ntsf and 1 wbfs

yes i have an sd but wasn't loading the sd with the channel I WAS forwarding to USB. ( I thought ) of course until I went with the r600 which I understand is a full channel. hmm well, I guess I did go back in revs if I'm using the 600 now didn't I. !
Heh, well, if you have NTFS and WBFS, you never loaded USB GX from USB. The forwarder only understands FAT. So I guess you booted from SD card, into USB GX. I think it might be related to your setup in partitions. I'll try to configure my harddrive the same as you have, and will test it using that.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so check this out, I just updated the wad with the network update option and it is not finding my usb again. The installation went fine I seen it installing ticket and all that and when I went to GX channel after it rebooted it couldn't find the usb and when I hit 249 and/or 222 both it freezes with the hand and white screen. Nothing, but the sd from HBC will load fine and find the usb,well I can't say that because the 600 channel WAS finding it and working good.

EDIT UPDATE:

ALL revisions work, it's the forwarders.wad and the UPDATED full channels that I can not get to find the usb. It freezes or code dumps. Last known full channel to work is 600c.wad and if it is updated to 8xx.wad(full channel)with network it fails to find usb and freezes. If the SD card has the 843 revision then all is well only if started with HBC. I can't seem to get a forwarder to work now.

cyclonety

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem with HOTD: Overkill. I tried using it with Coverfloader but decided this would be better. I try loading it up without messing with the options and all I get is a black screen. I tweak a few things, green screen. Tweak some more, black and white screen with a little fuzziness and messed up aspect ratio. Some more tweaking led to everything displaying correctly but the screen would appear to be jumping up and down and it would be impossible to make anything out. This is all happening with the PAL version of the game on a NTSC wii. My other PAL games work fine without messing with the settings.

coltsfan4life

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a problem installing the latest channel build. I'm using WAD manager v1.5 and every time i try to install the wad it gives me a ERROR! (ret = -1035). Can some on please help me. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.