• Replies 29,378
  • Likes 48

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Villanjo said:
Hmm...Im wondering about the new wii update...unlike other updates, this one deletes some cios and pretty much messes with all hacks...I think you can still install HBC after the new update (i haven't tried it, I didnt update) but what about USB loaders? is tehre a fix...also, if i buy a new game and it has one of those updates to play it, does the USB loader have a way to counter it? or should i just let it update? help anyone?
The new Wii update will indeed replace all cios-es with stubs. Therefor, you'll need some tricks to remove those and install the correct ones. If you don't have to update, then don't. It's not worth the trouble.

If you buy a new game, and copy the game to the wbfs partition (through the loader), you won't have to worry about the updates, they won't be installed.

Villanjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
Villanjo said:
Hmm...Im wondering about the new wii update...unlike other updates, this one deletes some cios and pretty much messes with all hacks...I think you can still install HBC after the new update (i haven't tried it, I didnt update) but what about USB loaders? is tehre a fix...also, if i buy a new game and it has one of those updates to play it, does the USB loader have a way to counter it? or should i just let it update? help anyone?
The new Wii update will indeed replace all cios-es with stubs. Therefor, you'll need some tricks to remove those and install the correct ones. If you don't have to update, then don't. It's not worth the trouble.

If you buy a new game, and copy the game to the wbfs partition (through the loader), you won't have to worry about the updates, they won't be installed.

Awesomeness! Thank you for answering so quickly!
happy.gif

prizi

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
xflak40 said:
go to the main options (not the game specific options), choose LOAD options, and then change the drive selected option near the bottom (there is a wbfs option and fat32 option, pick the type your are using)

I haven't fouund such an option....where exactly is it. I have the latest version of USB Loader gx

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
prizi said:
xflak40 said:
go to the main options (not the game specific options), choose LOAD options, and then change the drive selected option near the bottom (there is a wbfs option and fat32 option, pick the type your are using)

I haven't fouund such an option....where exactly is it. I have the latest version of USB Loader gx
Click on the button with the gears (bottom left), choose the second button (Game load). It's there, in the list. If it's not, then you're not having the latest version.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use 4GB wbfs files is it enough to compile the latest rev with the new ehci module, right? I compiled it (withou errors) but still have to test/re-split and just want to know whether this is right.

strangephish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone to their youtube site and commented that you can get what they are offering for free here and there are plenty of guides and help to get you through the process

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
It could be a problem with USB Loader GX. Can you try the latest revision as of now (837 when I write this). Some users reported that their drive started working again with 834 and up.

Just an update: When I got home last night, before updating, I decided to try it again. Of course, it decides to work. In any event I still updated the .dol. House of the Dead: Overkill still refuses to load and Rabbids Go Home freezes at the "Game Needs a Nunchuk Plugged In" screen (it is plugged in). Seeing as Neogamma refuses to load HotD as well, it must be a problem with my file. I'll re-rip the disc and try again tonight. Not sure about Rabbids yet.

Thanks again for your help.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frailimbnursry said:
Not sure about Rabbids yet.
Rabbifs go Home works. I played it yesterday with default settings (everything default, 002 on) from FAT32 HDD, worked fine for maybe two hours, then I had to do other things.

@others: GX build with new ehci module in data compiled fine and reads the banner music from my test file (about 3,9GB big) but didn't play it (PES 09, bacl screen). Couldn't test others because I first wanted to cat/split the rest of my files.

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about involving this loader and I am wondering is there a way to search this thread without having to flip through 700+ pages of posts.

royrob69

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
something cool would be if gx dont detect a USB hd, it will be possible to launch a DVD backup

cause now we need a hard drive to be able to boot a DVD, it doesnt make any sense

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a spot where you can click and it will open up a new screen where all your homebrew channel applications are shown and can be launched..

Is it possible for triiforce be incorporated somehow in the same way. You click an icon and then all your wiiware games show up in a separate list where they can then be launched? That would make it the ultimate loader. Nothing else needed!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to