retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ashexx

- I have a launch Wii 4.0U updated through Nintendo
- No hardmod, only soft and never changed region
- Global Boot set to cIOS 222 rev 2 installed as 37 merge 36, individual boot set to cIOS 249 rev 12 for Metroid Prime 3 and De Blob only
- USB Loader GX rev603 booted using latest forwarder
- Seagate FreeAgent GO 320Gb
- 2Gb Sandisk SD card
- I run everything off my SD card, no files whatsoever on my harddrive except for games.

The only bug I can confirm is the code dump when pressing the down button while viewing game data on games with small blurbs. Not sure if that is fixed in rev604-606 as I have not been home to test those. Aside from that, everything is working great for me including Ocarina and altdols. Don't know if it will make a difference but I know quite a few people are booting the dol and other files off of their USB. Maybe try running everything off of SD, it all seems to boot faster with fewer code dumps in my experience. I don't understand why so many people have an issue with keeping an SD card in their system.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snoozer said:
why not having the function integrated to update the wiitdb.zip only. i like the idea just to have the games in that are actually on the HD. but to do it manually at the pc is a pain in the ass. and updating the wiitdb.zip with an update of the whole loader requires to have an update for the loader itself.
The reason I did it like this is because there are idiots who would sit there and press the update button 50 time a day and I'm trying to keep lustar from ending up like the boxart site with all the unneeded bandwidth usage. I don't really see the need to have the latest and greatest xml information. It won't hurt to wait till you update the app.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the idea of the game description box, but i think it would be more useful if that box was used for "how to play" instrucitons, like what the controls are and what buttons do what.. i mean if were downloading a game, i think we know about that game, we dont need some generic game description, id rather see a quick access to the controls of the game in that place instead so i dont have to dig out my instruction manual if i dont remember its controls...

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
Snoozer said:
why not having the function integrated to update the wiitdb.zip only. i like the idea just to have the games in that are actually on the HD. but to do it manually at the pc is a pain in the ass. and updating the wiitdb.zip with an update of the whole loader requires to have an update for the loader itself.
The reason I did it like this is because there are idiots who would sit there and press the update button 50 time a day and I'm trying to keep lustar from ending up like the boxart site with all the unneeded bandwidth usage. I don't really see the need to have the latest and greatest xml information. It won't hurt to wait till you update the app.
You can check the date of wiitdb.zip on the SD to only update when it isn't the same as the current date. So people that keep trying to update it more than once a day, it will just say it is up to date without even querying the wiitdb site.

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GolfDude said:
i like the idea of the game description box, but i think it would be more useful if that box was used for "how to play" instrucitons, like what the controls are and what buttons do what.. i mean if were downloading a game, i think we know about that game, we dont need some generic game description, id rather see a quick access to the controls of the game in that place instead so i dont have to dig out my instruction manual if i dont remember its controls...

great Idea ^^ so head over to the wiitdb website and add all the information you want to see in the gameinfo by yourself. well at least you could try, i don't know if it will be deleted because not beeing part of the actual synopsis...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
Even if you did include a text description about how to play, it would be crappy at best. this would require pictures of how to swing the wiimote to do certain things. (just imagine telling somebody how to play wii sports without them already knowing what a baseball bat or a bowling ball is) there are probably hundreds of different possibilities. and im not about to create all these images or write the code to display them all because you didn't get an instruction manual with your pirated game lost your instruction manual.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got to test rev606. Everything is working great with the set-up I listed above except for the new altdol from disc feature. After finally finding the dol in the list nearly 4000 files (for RedSteel) I saved and tried to boot. It blackscreened for about 40 seconds and then rebooted. Upon re-entering the game's settings, I noticed that the name of the File From Disc was now just "red" instead of "redsteel.dol". When switching back to Dol from SD everything worked fine.

It was stated in the update notes that this feature is buggy and not ready for use. Just wanted to document my experience with it.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
I just realized I have been pointing out the wrong IOS that has been giving me problems with certain games.
tongue.gif
It wasn't 222, it was 223 that was giving me problems. Tried this build, I still get the random black screens with the few games I use IOS 223 with. It's happening with no extras plugged into my Wiimote as well. Sometimes they load, sometimes they don't.
unsure.gif

aiden0109

Trophies
XP
Country
You could add GC Support since my gc backup loader wont work but my wii one will and the compiled dol will be nice to have but i still think its a great program

p.s
how do you change the files from sd to usb like the covers and all

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mantis41 said:
937,567 views,
yay.gif

Wooooo Hooooooo,
wacko.gif

lets start spaming the hell out of this puppy, keep it at the top of the list, and see if we can hit 1,000,000.
grog.gif

Yeh! Yeh! I know! I'm a bit childish,
biggrin.gif

WTF?!?! 940,289
ohmy.gif
blink.gif

this is the most readed post in the wii section! the next one is the topic "Backup Launcher by Wiigator" (under wii-hacking) with 930,316 views
and here in the wii-backup loaders the next one is Cover Flow "USB ISO Loader by Beardface" 275,792 views

i know its offtopic it was only for the statistic ;-)

timebandit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since rev575 I can't do any updates from USBLoaderGX, it says there are no updates? But there should be? Something wrong at my place or are the revs over 575 not on the server?

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Upgraded to rev 600 this morning.

Still the exact same issues concerning Ocarina.

If no cht file exists, trying to load a game will result in a crash and a big long code dump.

Loading a game that has a cht file results in a black screen, and the Wii crashes.

As far as I'm concerned, I see absolutely no difference in the past few releases compared to this one really. Everything that worked before works, and everything that was broken is still broken.

Had this problem as well when going from r581 to r600, just enabled in the game settings.

QUOTE(nIxx @ Jul 15 2009, 12:22 PM) The Ocarina bug should be fixed now (r603)

I didn't try r603 but I was running on r609 tonight and Ocarina was working fine like version r581 before hand.

Thanks guys
Excellent work as usual..

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone else find using the built in updater unbearably slow? downloading on PC takes seconds, downloading on wii takes ... maybe 20 minutes? and then fails.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timebandit said:
Since rev575 I can't do any updates from USBLoaderGX, it says there are no updates? But there should be? Something wrong at my place or are the revs over 575 not on the server?
Download a more recent .dol and if your network settings are correct this will update in future.

QUOTE(Smiff @ Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM) anyone else find using the built in updater unbearably slow? downloading on PC takes seconds, downloading on wii takes ... maybe 20 minutes? and then fails.
It loads with about 200kb/s on my wii. Slower as the PC, but the Wii#s wireless adapter is slow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now